• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

After all the talk about fighting for each other.... working hard blah blah fecking blah this week....he strolls back in the first few minutes sticks his leg up like a dog having a tinkle and lets the Brighton forward have all the time in the world and invites him to cross the ball ......all in the first few minutes jesh....not the 85th minute...crazy.....and Lloris just tap it over the bar man,start again,a world class keeper he should have known better.

Lamela is an impact player really....basically comes on in the 60/65 minute he plays his best stuff when everyone is knackered, on the counter attack,he cant play 90 mins at all....

Yep, after 90 seconds (not 90 minutes) Lamela is walking arrogantly, shuffling around, lifting a vague leg and letting his man cross the ball.
Terrible preparation, terrible attitude for a massively important game.
I don't know whether to blame Poch for not geeing them up properly, or blame Lamela... but since half the team were walking and shuffling, Poch needs some blame too.
Shambolic attitude. Yes, the players tried hard at times, but to start in 3rd gear and just trundle about was a damning indictment of Poch.

In that situation, with Verts and Toby as CB’s and Hugo in goal, when it can only be an inswinging hanger, you encourage them to cross, as we all know, crosses are the least effective method of attack.

This is hilarious, lamela getting stick for doing for 30 mins what eriksen has been getting away with for two years.

The problem is that people always rave about his work rate being his biggest feature... he gives a brick they say
But if he isn’t busting a gut his value to the team halves
And the fact that when he isn’t okaying well (or the team isn’t) he wants twenty touchés when one would do...

The problem is that people always rave about his work rate being his biggest feature... he gives a brick they say
And the fact that when he isn’t okaying well (or the team isn’t) he wants twenty touchés when one would do...

At least he tries, eriksen is quoted as the one that runs the most and that's his plus
Well it's not a plus when he is running away from involvement.
As I've been saying for two years eriksen is not working.
He's off firm they all said. Well if you're off form you should be working harder for the team, make up for your loss of form, not hide.
@Glenda's Legs was honest enough yesterday to come say she is done with, what I'd be interested to hear is why was yesterday any different to almost every game he's played for the last 18 months?

At least he tries, eriksen is quoted as the one that runs the most and that's his plus
He's off firm they all said. Well if you're off form you should be working harder for the team, make up for your loss of form, not hide.
@Glenda's Legs was honest enough yesterday to come say she is done with, what I'd be interested to hear is why was yesterday any different to almost every game he's played for the last 18 months?

You need to see the highlights yesterday to see how little he tried

Eriksen has downed tools as he wants out but he as shown plenty of “world class ability” to merit games. Personally I’d drop him like lead balloon now

Lamela yesterday was caught out massively for their goals and didn’t press or chase or create (wasn’t alone) so he offered nothing

You need to see the highlights yesterday to see how little he tried

Eriksen has downed tools as he wants out but he as shown plenty of “world class ability” to merit games. Personally I’d drop him like lead balloon now

Lamela yesterday was caught out massively for their goals and didn’t press or chase or create (wasn’t alone) so he offered nothing

I beg to differ, he had a slow start yes, was culpable in part for the first goal, but at 2 zip he was trying like a bear.
Him, Kane and son were the only three pressing.
At one stage late him and eriksen were standing no more than 5 yards away from each, lamela got tackled, lost the ball, got up chased after the player, tackled him,. won the ball back then ran past eriksen who hadn't fudging moved.
Lamela was poor yesterday, same as everyone else, I'm the first to say it.
My issue is why is he ,and lots of other players, getting stick for what eriksen, the golden boy that brick won't stick to has been getting away with for years
And any credit eriksen has built up has ong gone.

I’ve always believed he could turn a game around even when not playing particularly well. Always believed he wanted to
Yesterday he just didn’t seem in the slightest boy bothered and I don’t feel I’ve seen that before.
Sure,he was far from the only one. I guess he just had further to fall for me. And he came crashing down yesterday.

I’ve always believed he could turn a game around even when not playing particularly well. Always believed he wanted to
Yesterday he just didn’t seem in the slightest boy bothered and I don’t feel I’ve seen that before.
Sure,he was far from the only one. I guess he just had further to fall for me. And he came crashing down yesterday.

Thanks.
I know my posts can seem a bit irate and ranty at times so I appreciate you answering.
I try to be brief and start a war and peace type post, but that does get a bit ranty.

That sums up Lamela to a tee for me, he is ( imo) one of the hardest working players i have seen but when he does leave that back in the dressing room he is half the player. Not saying he is a bad player but i do not believe he is anything special without that work rate.

Last edited:
That sums up Lamela to a tee for me, he is ( imo) one of the hardest working players i have seen but when he does leave that back in the dressing room he is half the player. Not saying he is a bad player but i do not believe he is anything special with that work rate.

He is a weak link along with sissoko
We rely on them 90% for their work rate and 10% for their technical side
Their not poor players, he’ll their important currently but their really not the future

I’m sure people will tell me that every club has these but for me with us they come to the fore when we have dropped from our highest levels, and don’t get beat a Poch top side

He is a weak link along with sissoko
We rely on them 90% for their work rate and 10% for their technical side
Their not poor players, he’ll their important currently but their really not the future

I’m sure people will tell me that every club has these but for me with us they come to the fore when we have dropped from our highest levels, and don’t get beat a Poch top side

If they don't try they are all weak links.
Lamela hardly played for the period that our form has went the toilet, and yet his thread is getting traffic.
Kane,son and eriksen play at every opportunity yet get no to little traffic.
Elephant in the room here, senior players, fans favourites, call them what you like are getting a free ride.
The problems are because of lamela, Moura, winks, dier etc.

If they don't try they are all weak links.
Lamela hardly played for the period that our form has went the toilet, and yet his thread is getting traffic.
Kane,son and eriksen play at every opportunity yet get no to little traffic.
Elephant in the room here, senior players, fans favourites, call them what you like are getting a free ride.
The problems are because of lamela, Moura, winks, dier etc.

It’s because he was injured .... again

The issue is the team has got lazy
It’s running off on players whose main endearing feature is their work rate
Kane is world class
Eriksen even when playing poorly has delivered world class numbers
Son scores 20 plus goals
Lamela doesn’t excel at anything other than work rate (the rest of his game is not top 6 quality) and when that stops he is almost worthless
If sissoko stops running like a mad man he would suffer the same
I have always said you don’t pick an attacking player because of his defensive attributes... that’s nuts

So basically the world class players who have delivered consistently are being given a smoother ride. But I’ll add I don’t know anyone who is giving Eriksen a free ride right now. Not one fan I know

It’s because he was injured .... again

The issue is the team has got lazy
It’s running off on players whose main endearing feature is their work rate
Kane is world class
Eriksen even when playing poorly has delivered world class numbers
Son scores 20 plus goals
Lamela doesn’t excel at anything other than work rate (the rest of his game is not top 6 quality) and when that stops he is almost worthless
If sissoko stops running like a mad man he would suffer the same
I have always said you don’t pick an attacking player because of his defensive attributes... that’s nuts

So basically the world class players who have delivered consistently are being given a smoother ride. But I’ll add I don’t know anyone who is giving Eriksen a free ride right now. Not one fan I know

You almost prove my point .
He's not been in the team most of this slump, so why is his thread getting all this traffic when all the regulars threads are empty?
I don't think eriksen is even on the first page, it's disappeared as effectively as he has.
No one's giving eriksen a free ride now, but it's taken 18 months of ever worsening performances before it's even acceptable to criticize him on here without getting shouted down.

I'm not defending lamela by the way, but anyone looking for answers to what's going wrong in the lamela or sissoko thread isn't going to find them.

You almost prove my point .
He's not been in the team most of this slump, so why is his thread getting all this traffic when all the regulars threads are empty?
I don't think eriksen is even on the first page, it's disappeared as effectively as he has.
No one's giving eriksen a free ride now, but it's taken 18 months of ever worsening performances before it's even acceptable to criticize him on here without getting shouted down.

I'm not defending lamela by the way, but anyone looking for answers to what's going wrong in the lamela or sissoko thread isn't going to find them.

Eriksens stats in what was supposedly a poor season last season were the best in the league
I think the rumours of his demise last season were greatly exaggerated

But as I said earlier the way we play we suffer when 20% of our team are their cos their water carriers

Eriksens stats in what was supposedly a poor season last season were the best in the league
I think the rumours of his demise last season were greatly exaggerated

But as I said earlier the way we play we suffer when 20% of our team are their cos their water carriers

Stats don't tell the whole story, never have, never will.

Lamela is more than a water carrier. If Kane had converted the chances lamela had set up for him this season then we wouldn't be in this position.
Two weeks ago he was spoken of as our best player this season!

Back