• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Personally i would put him 5th choice behind Moura, but its good to have options.

They are completely different options. We've used him as cover for Eriksen and Dele so far. If we add Lo Celso into that bucket too, we've got four players for two places. Moura And Son look to be fighting for the same place and as cover for Kane, although having the two in the team might be a good option away in the CL.

I particularly liked him dropping deeper and dictating play today. I wonder if that is where he will end up. His pace has gone but he's strong, has good vision, difficult to disposes and has an excellent range of passing, he is also very good at releasing the ball early.

What?! When has Erik "Why take 2 touches, when you can take 6?" Lamela EVER released the ball early!?

Its one of my main/major complaints with him. Things slow to a crawl when he gets the ball. And while he often selects the right pass, it comes 4 touches too late and the moment is lost...

What?! When has Erik "Why take 2 touches, when you can take 6?" Lamela EVER released the ball early!?

Its one of my main/major complaints with him. Things slow to a crawl when he gets the ball. And while he often selects the right pass, it comes 4 touches too late and the moment is lost...

Plenty of our attacks on Sunday came from Lamela playing an early attacking pass from deep when we were on the break

Plenty of our attacks on Sunday came from Lamela playing an early attacking pass from deep when we were on the break

There should be plenty more. It is a feature of his game to hold the ball to much, always has been. If he can learn to be a bit more 1/2 touch his effectiveness would got up several degrees.

I did read that part as well and think "is he getting him confused with another player[emoji848][emoji1787]"

He also o we or under hits the pass, he rarely picks the right pass at the right time with the correct weight. If he well he'd be quite some player.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

I did read that part as well and think "is he getting him confused with another player[emoji848][emoji1787]"

He also o we or under hits the pass, he rarely picks the right pass at the right time with the correct weight. If he well he'd be quite some player.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

We're talking about Saturday's game. He played well and his passing, particularly from deep, was positive.

I thought he was fine, but I certainly didnt see his passing as particularly early or especially impressive (and the speed of his passing is something I usually pick up on, it frustrates the hell out of me usually).

I actually prefer him playing deeper/central. I think its ultimately where he is best suited, unfortunately for him Eriksen has always held that spot.

If Poch is fair, Dele will need to earn his spot back, Dele's last spell hasn't been particularly productive.

What you have to see is pairing/partnerships more than the output of one player (i.e. Lucas doesn't sync that well with Kane, hence he isn't first choice)

Lamela, Son, Kane is working right now, Poch would be an idiot (imo) to automatically pop Dele in just because he's fit.

I also think in a side that if we play well has a lot to do with tempo/urgency, it is challenging to not have Lamela (urgency is one of his best attributes, all the time)

We're talking about Saturday's game. He played well and his passing, particularly from deep, was positive.
I think often his passing is quick and effective when he comes deep. Sometimes takes too long in key situations closer to the box when being more decisive would have been better.
If Poch is fair, Dele will need to earn his spot back, Dele's last spell hasn't been particularly productive.

What you have to see is pairing/partnerships more than the output of one player (i.e. Lucas doesn't sync that well with Kane, hence he isn't first choice)

Lamela, Son, Kane is working right now, Poch would be an idiot (imo) to automatically pop Dele in just because he's fit.

I also think in a side that if we play well has a lot to do with tempo/urgency, it is challenging to not have Lamela (urgency is one of his best attributes, all the time)
I think fixture congestion and squad rotation will take care of that one.

I do thin there's some merit in letting Alli play his way back to form as he's at a different level when on form than anything Lamela has ever delivered for us. Good problem to have.

I think often his passing is quick and effective when he comes deep. Sometimes takes too long in key situations closer to the box when being more decisive would have been better.I think fixture congestion and squad rotation will take care of that one.

I do thin there's some merit in letting Alli play his way back to form as he's at a different level when on form than anything Lamela has ever delivered for us. Good problem to have.

I expect squad rotation will happen over next 21 days expecially.

I disagree re Dele, he hasn't been anything near his top level in last season, if Lamela and Lucas are consistently scoring/assisting, he needs to deliver very quickly, we don't have place for playing into form in PL.

I expect squad rotation will happen over next 21 days expecially.

I disagree re Dele, he hasn't been anything near his top level in last season, if Lamela and Lucas are consistently scoring/assisting, he needs to deliver very quickly, we don't have place for playing into form in PL.

He largely played a different role last season (took one for the team) between injuries. He's good there but is going to look a bit flat when comparing this to his form in more dynamic positions. I am sure that he will get plenty of chances now that we have two games a week again, it would be a mistake to play Lamela that frequently.

I think this is a real opportunity for Dele to have a full role in the team and hopefully shine. Dele has to play to contribute and demonstrate he’s the player he was two seasons ago. Playing in the Champions League is maybe the fastest way for him to get back into the first team on a regular basis. Let’s hope he seizes his chance this week.

I think often his passing is quick and effective when he comes deep. Sometimes takes too long in key situations closer to the box when being more decisive would have been better.I think fixture congestion and squad rotation will take care of that one.

Alli has been poor for almost 2 seasons now. Alli only scored 5 league goals last season, which is only 1 goal more than Lamela !

Alli has been poor for almost 2 seasons now. Alli only scored 5 league goals last season, which is only 1 goal more than Lamela !
Dele wasnt playing in his best position last season, he spent most of it 'taking one for the team' with all the injuries we had. He is a runner, and when he is further up the pitch where he can make an impact with his runs and clever touches we will see the best of him again. We have most definitely missed him, but is great is Lamela has an injury free run as would prove to be a valuable squad member....

Erik Lamela admits how much he loves Tottenham Hotspur
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/09/17/erik-lamela-admits-how-much-he-loves-tottenham-hotspur/

“I love Tottenham too much, every season more and more,” he said. “It’s been a lot of seasons here, a lot of years. Every season my love is more. My family is very happy that I’m here.”

Lamela is easily the most passionate Spurs player. He is also a real fighter ! Everytime the anti-Lamela phalanx thinks he is down and out, he comes up again, putting up a good performance, scoring or assisting a fine goal, giving his critics a real slap in the face !:D

“MUST BE KILLING ALL THE HATERS” – SPURS MAN TAKES THE PRAISE FOLLOWING IMPRESSIVE PALACE PERFORMANCE
https://spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/must-be-killing-all-the-haters-spurs-man-takes-the-praise-following-impressive-palace-performance/

The 27-year-old Argentine international has returned 31 goals and numerous assists in his 119 starts and 73 substitute showings and he’s certainly hit the ground running in the 2019/20 campaign as he’s chipped in with two goals and one assist in five Premier League matches so far.

-------------------------------

We will never know, but I am convinced we would have won the CL last season if Lamela had started the final ! At least he would have worked harder and showed more passion than the rest of the team !

Back