• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

I particularly liked him dropping deeper and dictating play today. I wonder if that is where he will end up. His pace has gone but he's strong, has good vision, difficult to disposes and has an excellent range of passing, he is also very good at releasing the ball early.

But yet again got caught several times refusing to use his right foot

Looked better on the left and central than right

Not sure I agree with that, I much prefer him on the right than left because he poses more of a threat. I would agree that he looked good centrally though.

Not sure I agree with that, I much prefer him on the right than left because he poses more of a threat. I would agree that he looked good centrally though.

He looked ok at best on the right
No coincidence his goal came from our left
Twice he has the ball right in front of us on the right and couldn’t get it out as he woundnt use his right peg

Forget his right foot as he's too old to change that. But he got dispossed and made a few more passes that were intercepted as he tired. I thought poch should've taken him off first not winks as we were comfortably ahead. I hope poch takes more care with him, and uses the squad more evenly this season.

Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

He did ok and put a lot of work into the game( like he always does), however once everyone is fit i am not convinced he will start many games.
He's 4th choice out of Eriksen, Dele, Son, him and Moura for the 3 places behind Kane

Seeing as Moura also deputises for Kane, I think he'll get plenty of football this season.

He's 4th choice out of Eriksen, Dele, Son, him and Moura for the 3 places behind Kane

Seeing as Moura also deputises for Kane, I think he'll get plenty of football this season.

Personally i would put him 5th choice behind Moura, but its good to have options.

Personally i would put him 5th choice behind Moura, but its good to have options.

When everyone is fit and in form I’d agree, he would be 5th choice. As things stand now it’s hard to make a case for dropping him and I don’t believe Alli has enough credit in the bank to get back into the team without showing some consistent good form. Lamela has often looked good in pre season and early season, let’s see if he can continue this good patch and stay fit.

Expect him to be rotated quite a bit over the coming weeks. With some luck he'll avoid another injury and perhaps we'll see him push on, or at least maintain his early season form.

Good squad player to have around at the very least. An extended period without injuries might see more from him.

Expect him to be rotated quite a bit over the coming weeks. With some luck he'll avoid another injury and perhaps we'll see him push on, or at least maintain his early season form.

Good squad player to have around at the very least. An extended period without injuries might see more from him.

I agree. We have plenty of options there now.

Back