• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

No end product, after a goal and an assist against the best team in the league. You're joking. Invariably when Lamela plays, he creates or scores. Countless times he's come off the bench and instantly created a goal.

Read what I said again mate. I said “not good enough to start for us ahead of Moura, All, Eriksen and Son”. We are a top team and have many top players, they cannot all play. His problem is consistency. He’s an attacking midfielder now in his seventh season with us but is yet to score 10 league goals in a season whereas Son, Eriksen and Alli have done it more than once and Moura has done it.

Read what I said again mate. I said “not good enough to start for us ahead of Moura, All, Eriksen and Son”. We are a top team and have many top players, they cannot all play. His problem is consistency. He’s an attacking midfielder now in his seventh season with us but is yet to score 10 league goals in a season whereas Son, Eriksen and Alli have done it more than once and Moura has done it.

I agree. Personally I'd sell him soon however I cant believe that we'll get anything close to what we paid for him. Has a great attitude, work rate and doesnt complain about not playing but just doesnt impact games with goals or assists in a way that someone in his prime should. He's not a kid any more.

I think he's more highly rated by Spurs fans and those inside Spurs, compared to external people. Contrast that to, way, Trippier, who a lot of people on here dont rate but people outside Spurs do

I agree. Personally I'd sell him soon however I cant believe that we'll get anything close to what we paid for him. Has a great attitude, work rate and doesnt complain about not playing but just doesnt impact games with goals or assists in a way that someone in his prime should. He's not a kid any more.

I think he's more highly rated by Spurs fans and those inside Spurs, compared to external people. Contrast that to, way, Trippier, who a lot of people on here dont rate but people outside Spurs do

I’m more than happy with him as a squad player. My only concern is his fitness. He just can’t be trusted to play a full season without getting injured.

I’d say he’s more highly rated on here than he is in the real world and fans who I sit near in the ground. Agree about Trippier. It’s amazing how people who don’t support Spurs rate him so much. They must not watch many Spurs games.

I'm not a fan of Lamela, but even despite that he was appalling today. Did his usual of taking far too many touches rather than playing it quickly and offers so little threat to an opposition

I'm not a fan of Lamela, but even despite that he was appalling today. Did his usual of taking far too many touches rather than playing it quickly and offers so little threat to an opposition

Unless he plays like a crab anyone would have struggled
Lamela suffered because he has one foot but he wasn’t bad

Erik "just another touch" Lamela.

I'm normally a fan, but he slowed us down today. Constantly turning straight back into traffic and always taking too many touches. He found some nice spaces, but fudge all was happening.

Erik "just another touch" Lamela.

I'm normally a fan, but he slowed us down today. Constantly turning straight back into traffic and always taking too many touches. He found some nice spaces, but fudge all was happening.

That’s his game
He clearly isn’t a patch on eriksen
But he wasn’t the problem today
The lack of midfield drive was iMO

He was (by a slim margin) the better of our starting attacking players today, strange ( :rolleyes: ) to see him singled out
He's being singled out because he played in Eriksen's stead and is and was a very clear downgrade.

So while his performance was by no means the worst, he can not do what this team needs sadly.

So while he continues to be picked ahead of Eriksen the spotlight will be on him and his failings.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

There is a very simple problem with Lamela, and it's not ability, it's not even the choices he makes. It's his Moto. "Why take 2 touches when you can take 7?"

That really is it. If he just did the thing he ends up doing, but 4 or 5 touches sooner, he would be so much more effective

He's being singled out because he played in Eriksen's stead and is and was a very clear downgrade.

So while his performance was by no means the worst, he can not do what this team needs sadly.

So while he continues to be picked ahead of Eriksen the spotlight will be on him and his failings.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

I think that is a fair comment, he is not a patch on what Eriksen can give us. He was not that bad ( as some yesterday) but he does not give us much creativity, he works hard for sure but at the moment we need more.

Back