• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

completely discount him these days. Im happy to sell him and Sissoko and re-invest the money elsewhere.

Thank GHod you're not in charge at Spurs then.

Lamela is currently rehabilitating after his surgery and looks to be well on track to be up and running by the start of pre season. Personally I can't wait to have him back in the squad and pushing Son for his place again.

for me he has never produced enough. His goal return is miserly, and his assist record also. He works hard, but for a player in his position that is not all we demand from him. Even when he was playing his best he was average, he never hurts the opposition with his skill.

Been out all season and others have proved more. If team in Italy want him for a good price I would let him go whilst his worth is high enough.

8 goals in 83 league games says a lot to me.

Of course its only my opinion. But he just does not do enough.

for me he has never produced enough. His goal return is miserly, and his assist record also. He works hard, but for a player in his position that is not all we demand from him. Even when he was playing his best he was average, he never hurts the opposition with his skill.

Been out all season and others have proved more. If team in Italy want him for a good price I would let him go whilst his worth is high enough.

Given his recent operation and ongoing rehab, how much do you think we'll get for a player who has barely kicked a ball all season?

He's also an unselfish player, maybe too much so. He's laid goals on a plate for Kane and others before. I'm happy with his goal ratio if he contributes in other ways, which he does.

Keep Lamela, he works very hard in the pressing game, and has come on leaps and bounds in his second season.

Get well soon Coco ! Get a good pre-season in and he'll be like a new player, but with EPL experience, which is immeasurable.

What we demand seems to vary wildly. We loved Berba because he scored a lot of goals despite walking around looking regally bored with it all for 99% of the game - then we turned on him when (as is inevitable with temperamental, lazily gifted footballers) he threw a strop and left. We loved Freund because he gave his all, left his heart on the field and worked his socks off despite not being very good at football overall. Now we're at a level where we can perhaps justify wanting both skill and application...but it still feels a bit too fickle for me to contemplate.

I'm still happy with a player trying hard, even if he doesn't succeed. Maybe I'm alone in this, but I'd give a player like that a lot more slack than a lazy maestro. I wanted Soldado to be given one more season - I really like Janssen's application, even if his struggles to adapt this season have brought down his attempted contributions.

Lamela turned his game around, worked really hard and became an integral part of our side last year. That merits some patience with him, imo.

In any case, there's little evidence that a team in Italy (or anywhere, really) would pay what we paid for him - especially off the back of an injury-plagued season.

Keep him - maybe extend his deal by a year (on the same wages, of course) so this lost season doesn't affect our ability to decide when to sell him. If he refuses that offer, *then* we should consider selling - not before, imo.

In a 4-2-3-1 type formation him just working hard can be ok. Those front three have to do a lot of pressing and the full backs stay back a little more. But in a 3-4-3 i just don't see how he gets in the team for work-rate in a vital position behind the front man.

We all love a player that works hard. Of course. But in Certain positions. A Defender or a midfielder. But forwards are there to get goals. That is why we allow them to be a but more lazy on that front like Berba, or Ginola etc.

But having a hard working Forward who does not get goals or assists is basically having Soldado, Janssen etc in the team. And that is just not good enough. A forward player is just by how he affects the match with goals and assists. Not work-rate. Their are plenty of hard working forwards littered around the leagues. We need the extra quality around the box. A game changer, or a match winner. Not another hard worker. We have enough of them in the side.

You say his stock may be low. But in countries where a player has performed they usually are happy to buy him back. Like Woodgate, Owen etc. They are know to be good players and as long as their injury is not career threatening then they move.

Son is hit and miss but he causes problems for defences, he gets goals. he is a game winner on occasion. Name me one performance where has stood out as a game changing player. He has the technical ability, not the pace. And he cannot seem to bat a man with skill.

he was supposed to be our Bale type replacement. Not a forward version of Freund. For me he is not a starter. So we need to get in someone who can be. Like Mhirez or a Sanchez type player. Its one way we can improve this team.

he has a good assist/chance creation record though? second only to Eriksen and actually bettered him in one season - granted he needs to score more goals but i think you're overlooking his creative input.

he is 4th in the pecking order going in to next season, if he is still here, and is strong enough a player to be our 4th choice attacking midfielder imo - having a player that works as hard as he does off the ball can be a vital tool to have in your locker, especially when closing down from the front is often a key part of our game plan. it's vastly different to Soldado and the 'at least he tries hard' train of thought

In a 4-2-3-1 type formation him just working hard can be ok. Those front three have to do a lot of pressing and the full backs stay back a little more. But in a 3-4-3 i just don't see how he gets in the team for work-rate in a vital position behind the front man.

We all love a player that works hard. Of course. But in Certain positions. A Defender or a midfielder. But forwards are there to get goals. That is why we allow them to be a but more lazy on that front like Berba, or Ginola etc.

But having a hard working Forward who does not get goals or assists is basically having Soldado, Janssen etc in the team. And that is just not good enough. A forward player is just by how he affects the match with goals and assists. Not work-rate. Their are plenty of hard working forwards littered around the leagues. We need the extra quality around the box. A game changer, or a match winner. Not another hard worker. We have enough of them in the side.

You say his stock may be low. But in countries where a player has performed they usually are happy to buy him back. Like Woodgate, Owen etc. They are know to be good players and as long as their injury is not career threatening then they move.

Son is hit and miss but he causes problems for defences, he gets goals. he is a game winner on occasion. Name me one performance where has stood out as a game changing player. He has the technical ability, not the pace. And he cannot seem to bat a man with skill.

he was supposed to be our Bale type replacement. Not a forward version of Freund. For me he is not a starter. So we need to get in someone who can be. Like Mhirez or a Sanchez type player. Its one way we can improve this team.

We bought a match winner, that's what he has been all of his career pre Spurs.

He is hard to judge, because he had injuries, was settling in and it was a different team at the time (I'd argue we have a different team now in terms of ability/system even vs. beginning of this season). It will come down to Poch and what he sees from the player, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go, but I also wouldn't terribly shocked to see him at the start of the season.

You may say we have enough hard workers and discount his assists, but I'd ask one question .. at times this season when we looked at the bench and the options were Sissoko & GKN, would you not have preferred to see Lamela instead?

Really? This again ... always played in the big games and performed brilliantly.

Look at his involvement in goals ... either an assist or goal every other game.

He must currently be rehabilitating abroad?
I can't see any other reason why he would not have been there yesterday. He still played a part in the first few months of the season.

I do not want to see him leave at all, he is talented and although Son and others have performed well this season i still want to see Lamela come back and see his hunger on the field again.
Yes. There have been games when Son, Eriksen or Alli has not really performed. These are the moments when we have lacked a real option. Enter Erik Lamela!

He played as part of a 3 at Roma and scored a lot of goals playing there

For me we should be keeping him and up grading Sissoko with maybe a turnip

Too many changes are not good and will not help us

http://www.tottenhamblog.com/2014/12/20/watch-lamela-score-world-class-goal-against-burnley/

As Norwegian Spurs says, he upgrades our bench at the very least. Give the guy a chance, he was playing great before his injury and personal issues, as I've stated before you don't get minutes alongside Messi, Di Maria, Higuin, Aguero and Tevez if you're a forward version of Stefan Freund.

I would certainly prefer him on the bench to Sissoko ( never should have bought him ) and the Latest winger from the french league who cannot hack it. So that I agree on. But if there is one position I want us to add some pure quality to is the wide forward area. I believe in our System, I feel Winks can come in for Dembele when needed. I look forward to see KWP get a chance next season.

So Lamela on the bench and a quality player brought in to add something to our side. We dont need much. But we could do with that.

Can you back up your claim his assist record is 'miserly' because I certainly remember him getting plenty of assists.Oh and to say Lamela at his best was average is ridiculous, he was a mainstain in the first eleven whenever fit and I don't know if you've noticed but Poch doesn't do passengers.....

Can you back up your claim his assist record is 'miserly' because I certainly remember him getting plenty of assists.Oh and to say Lamela at his best was average is ridiculous, he was a mainstain in the first eleven whenever fit and I don't know if you've noticed but Poch doesn't do passengers.....

Here are some attacking stats for our four options behind Kane from last season. Lamela's stats aren't too shabby.

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-m...ey_passes/goals_scored/successful_take_ons#90

Back