• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...summer-says-mauricio-pochettino-a3504251.html

Poch: “It was so strange to hear him linked to different clubs. He has not played since October and after all he has suffered in the last four-to-five months, do you think he is considering a move away from here? Do you think he is thinking about Italy? He is very happy here. He had a problem, he was desperate to try to find a solution and so was the club. It made me laugh every time I heard the rumours about him leaving as it is impossible for him to think about moving now.

“Where [would he go]? Now, he needs help. Who could help him more than we could over the next few months? I think you know the answer better than me. It doesn’t make sense [that he would leave].”

What he said

What he meant:

Do you think any club would be stupid enough to buy a player that have been injured for a long time and where no-one can tell if he ever gonna play football again?

It astounds me as to how often people on this forum are ready to believe every negatively slanted bit of click bait or tittle tattle they came across.

For instance Poch has dinner with Fergie then he must be off to Man Utd, he bumps into an old friend who works for Barcelona then he must be off there. I swear some of you guys must suffer jealousy pangs anytime your significant others talk to another guy (or gal).

What he meant:

Do you think any club would be stupid enough to buy a player that have been injured for a long time and where no-one can tell if he ever gonna play football again?

arsenal once signed a player with a broken back

also, west ham

It astounds me as to how often people on this forum are ready to believe every negatively slanted bit of click bait or tittle tattle they came across.

For instance Poch has dinner with Fergie then he must be off to Man Utd, he bumps into an old friend who works for Barcelona then he must be off there. I swear some of you guys must suffer jealousy pangs anytime your significant others talk to another guy (or gal).

nah, i'm married to Mike Pence

It'll be interesting from a recovery time point of view, what sort of hip operation he needs. If its key hole surgery it really isn't that invasive and guys I've played football with have returned in a few months.

Mauricio Pochettino: 'Impossible' for Erik Lamela to leave Tottenham

LONDON -- Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino has dismissed suggestions that Erik Lamela could leave, saying it is "impossible" for the winger to think of moving clubs while he recovers from injury.

Lamela has been linked with a return to Italy since he joined Spurs from Roma for £30 million in 2014, and the rumours have increased while he has been sidelined with a hip problem since October.

The Argentina international will have surgery in Barcelona on Saturday -- described by Pochettino as a "last resort" to get him fit.

Since he last played, Lamela has spent time in his home city of Buenos Aires on compassionate leave and in Rome, where he was treated for the hip problem at his former club.

A relative lack of information from Spurs and Pochettino, plus Lamela's reluctance to speak publicly, has led to speculation including reports that the 25-year-old has played his last game for the club.

But Pochettino said: "That was so strange to hear. In the media Lamela is linked with different clubs -- it's difficult for me to understand.

"It's a player who has not played since October. And all that he is suffering in the last four or five months -- do you think that he is thinking to move? That he is thinking to go to Italy? He is very happy here.

"The problems he has... he was desperate, and the club was desperate, to find the solution.

"But it made me laugh every time I heard all that in the media. Because it is impossible for him, impossible for the club, impossible for his agent, impossible for his people, to think about moving. Where?

"Now he needs help, and who better than us to help him in the next few months? I think you know better than me that it does not make sense."

Lamela endured a similarly troubled first season at Tottenham, when a back problem meant he finished the campaign with just three league starts.

However, he has since become one of Pochettino's most trusted players, and the manager has backed him to get back to his best again.

"I don't believe it will be tough [to recover]. He is a person who likes to work hard," he said.

"He is very professional. If he starts to feel good and fixes the problem -- the pain he feels in his hip -- the recovery will come quick and he will be on the pitch again training with us.

"He needs our love, our support, to be sure that all is going well. I hope all goes well on Saturday and then he starts to think about recovery as soon as possible."

http://www.espnfc.com/story/3092699...impossible-for-erik-lamela-to-leave-tottenham

---------------------------------------------------------------

Tottenham giving up on Erik Lamela would be Mauricio Pochettino’s one big mistake as manager

Watching Lamela in a Spurs shirt has been a real rollercoaster but he is crucial to way the boss wants his team to play

FAN'S VIEW
By Sean Cook of TalkingTHFC
30th March 2017, 7:04 pm

Updated: 31st March 2017, 11:26 am

THE summer of 2013 is spoken in hushed tones amongst Spurs fans, as star man Gareth Bale went on his way to Spain.

With seven fresh faces to integrate from the £85million received, it presented a brand new challenge to the club.

Skip forward four years and just two players remain.

It’s without a doubt that Christian Eriksen has flourished in North London, earning player of the season in his first campaign.

The Danish international quickly became a popular name amongst fans of the club, probing supporters wrong over his ability to step up in big games.

With a price tag of just £11.5m, Daniel Levy must thank his lucky stars that just one of his seven additions has come good.

There is of course the other remaining survivor of the great splurge of 2013 – that’s right, I haven’t forgotten him.

Watching Erik Lamela in a Spurs shirt has been a real rollercoaster. A genuine pleasure and at the same time a constant chore.

His first season was plagued with injury, with the following campaign much the same. But the feeling always remained that this kid has something special about him.

Skip forward a few moments of rabona magic, and Mauricio Pochettino knew he had a talent on his hands.

If you’re a Spurs fan that has given up on the Argentine, you haven’t been watching your club too closely the last two years.

In short, he’s been crucial to the way Pochettino wants his team to play. His determination to fight and win the ball, as well as create some magic when in possession are by far his greatest attributes.

Don’t believe me? Last season Lamela contributed 164 recoveries for Spurs. Eric Dier, their first choice defensive midfielder at the time, made just 151.

A new weapon at his disposal this campaign has been a tenacity that we’d not yet seen. I could recollect six or seven red card offences he made in his 9 appearances in the 2016/17 season.

Something that Spurs fans have always demanded from their players is that they fight for the shirt. Lamela has been a perfect embodiment of this.

The situation regarding his hip injury could not have come at a more terrible time for him. He was finally beginning to alter opinion, something that has been almost four years in the making.

Spurs fans had grown so fond of him off the pitch also. Moving from Italy at the age of 21 was never an easy transition, with his family life bringing further unwanted hardship ever since.

Mauricio Pochettino has turned Erik Lamela into the perfect mercenary.

If his Spurs future is truly over, the club won’t be upset over a wasted gamble, they’ll be disappointed that they let a real talent slip away.

With just 10 league games remaining, Spurs could do with their man more than ever. With surgery this week, and the target of playing again next season, his future at the club lies in doubt.

Tottenham travel to Burnley this weekend hoping that their wider squad deliver the goods, something they’ve had to rely on throughout this season.

Regardless of their prolific home form, Sean Dyche's side should not present a challenge to the Lilywhites.

But should they fail to win, Erik Lamela can have my hips. We need you back my friend, don't let this be the end.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...ricio-pochettinos-one-big-mistake-as-manager/

---------------------------------------------

Nice to see Pochettino coming out to clear the air about Lamela's injury and future. But he should have done this long time ago and not wait until after 5 months to say thise. Pochettino must have looked at all his failures with the new players like Sissoko and janssen and realised it was too risky to let go any of the current key players.

Surgery in Barcelona is interesting if true. I wonder if there is a particularly prominent hip surgeon there vs London.

Has lamely got particularly prominent hips. Our medical team should have
Surgery in Barcelona is interesting if true. I wonder if there is a particularly prominent hip surgeon there vs London.

Ah gees out inept medical people have confused patella with paella.

What a glorious afternoon to be at WHL that was :cool:

Hopefully Moaninho's expertise in parking the bus will ensure that their team arrives in plenty of time for the scheduled kickoff this season!

Some important details about that brilliant win :
- that was our first home win over ManU since 2001
- Lamela set up 1 and scored 1 of the goals. Look at that quality cross by Lamela for our second goal. I think Lamela and Trippier are our best crosser of the ball, more than Eriksen. We will miss Lamela badly against ManU
- Kane has not scored against ManU in 6 matches for us. He even made the blunder that caused us to loss 1-0 away earlier in the season. Will be annoyed if he doesn't score against them later in the season

- Lamela set up 1 and scored 1 of the goals. Look at that quality cross by Lamela for our second goal. I think Lamela and Trippier are our best crosser of the ball, more than Eriksen. We will miss Lamela badly against ManU
- Kane has not scored against ManU in 6 matches for us. He even made the blunder that caused us to loss 1-0 away earlier in the season. Will be annoyed if he doesn't score against them later in the season

Well I hope that he doesn't annoy you im sure he won't be able to cope. You can't get annoyed with ANY player that gives his best for the shirt.

If he doesn't score I think we should drop him lol

Title nailed on next season when Lamela comes back.

Damn, that third goal was a thing of beauty - the long ball, the flick header from Eriksen, the dummy by Kane, Lamela's shot. Quality.

Back