• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Neither of those clubs were in the position we're in now. The quality of our squad is much higher, and we demand more from our players. As I said, based on all the evidence we have - it's fair to have concerns regarding his consistency and work rate.

Mayube not Toulouse but Saudi Sportswashing Machine were, Saudi Sportswashing Machine bought Sissoko on the back of a Quarter final spot in the Europa League and high hopes of getting in the top 6 again, then the Kinnear debacle happened.

I agree, but once again 'consistency'?
I liked Janmaat going forward......is it a Saudi Sportswashing Machine problem or just their players inconsistency?

Janmaat has a good engine but is slow and can't defend. No great loss for us.

I certainly wouldn't call Janmaat inconsistent. We're a better team without him, even if he is probably a better individual than what we have there now - Vurnon Anita - if that makes sense. A team game.

Mayube not Toulouse but Saudi Sportswashing Machine were, Saudi Sportswashing Machine bought Sissoko on the back of a Quarter final spot in the Europa League and high hopes of getting in the top 6 again, then the Kinnear debacle happened.

No, Saudi Sportswashing Machine were not. They had not finished 3rd and been in a title run. Their squad was several notches below ours, not to mention they bought him for £1.5m. Not £30m.

Evening Standard saying its 6 payments of 5m spread over 5 years which we stop paying if we ever sell him.

I feel instantly better :)
So realistically, if he's brick we'll be rid in two years (one would not be long enough to know for certain). And in that case he'd have cost £10M - not bad then really.

Seems a little unlikely, why would Saudi Sportswashing Machine go for that deal?
race_together_1_43.jpg

Seems a little unlikely, why would Saudi Sportswashing Machine go for that deal?

Do we know what the Everton offer was? I thought I heard it was a similar offer on 5 live last night. Perhaps for Ashley it was that or nothing, as he didn't want an unhappy Sissoko stuck at the club for 5 months.

Also remember they still probably owed us money from the Townsend deal, plus they've just bought Yedlin off us....i'm sure Danny Boy has used those situations to our advantage in the Sissoko deal too...

True, I guess theirs could've been even worse. But is it likely someone would offer a worse deal than The Levy? ;)

Tottenham equalled their transfer record to sign Moussa Sissoko after Mauricio Pochettino made it clear the Saudi Sportswashing Machine player was the man he really wanted.

Sissoko was valued at £30million and Tottenham finally agreed to meet that price, although the structure of the payments means Saudi Sportswashing Machine would receive the full fee — in five instalments of £6m — only if he stays for the duration of his five-year contract.

Sissoko is now 27 and it is impossible to know whether he will still be a Spurs player in 2021.
But Tottenham insist they agreed to meet Saudi Sportswashing Machine’s asking price, allowing them to fend off interest from Everton.
For much of deadline day, Spurs were expecting to sign only two players: Georges-Kevin Nkoudou, the former Marseille winger who had been training with the club, and goalkeeper Pau Lopez, who has arrived on loan from Espanyol.

There was an initial bid of close to £16m for Sissoko but when that was rejected out of hand by Saudi Sportswashing Machine, it appeared there would be stalemate.

There seemed little chance of Saudi Sportswashing Machine reducing the asking price, nor of Spurs making a dramatically improved offer.

But Pochettino — who spoke of the need to add pacy, attacking players to his squad — coveted Sissoko, who played superbly at White Hart Lane last season, when Saudi Sportswashing Machine took a surprise 2-1 win.

With the manager’s endorsement, Tottenham acted swiftly when Everton’s bid for Sissoko was accepted late in the afternoon.

Sissoko had been given permission to leave the France squad to conclude the transfer, which matches the amount Spurs paid to buy Erik Lamela from Roma in 2013.

The player arrived in London as negotiations between Saudi Sportswashing Machine and interested clubs continued, so it was straightforward to undergo a Tottenham medical and finalise terms, believed to be close to £80,000 per week.

He may make his debut when Tottenham travel to Stoke on September 10.

So realistically, if he's brick we'll be rid in two years (one would not be long enough to know for certain). And in that case he'd have cost £10M - not bad then really.

Now that makes economic sense and sound like a good move for us.
Levy did not drop a bollard! Very reassuring!

Back