• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Who would he have started him over? Nobody in our team really deserved to be dropped throughout the season

It is not about one player who deserved to be dropped but for other players to do enough to force Poch not to ignore them so they become key players. Dele was a teenager and he forced himself into the team. Last season people on here were of the view that Dier and Dembele were the perfect partnership but then in came Wanyama and so impressed Poch that he has become a mainstay o four midfield. It was not a case of Dier or Dembele playing poorly so they should be dropped it was case of Wanyama making himself more or less undroppable. Sissoko did not even come close to that.

Heck in my opinion there was a gulf between the contribution of Sissoko and young Harry Winks who even though he was unable to force himself into the starting line up more or less made himself the first central midfielder off the bench.

Maybe 10 years ago my attitude would have been different but we are now a team that wants to challenge for the title and I simply do not think he has been good enough. Added to that is the the issue that he is reported to be on £90K a week that means he is probably one of the highest paid players at the club just behind Lloris and Kane. Now that is just not right

Maybe 10 years ago my attitude would have been different but we are now a team that wants to challenge for the title and I simply do not think he has been good enough. Added to that is the the issue that he is reported to be on £90K a week that means he is probably one of the highest paid players at the club just behind Lloris and Kane. Now that is just not right

I'm not going to give an opinion, but no need to get wound up, he is very unlikely to be here next season.

He did great for Sons second goal, nowhere to go on the touchline but manages to show strength and vision with the pass. Anyone else and there would have been plenty of mention in the match thread or individual player thread but as it's Sissoko let's not bother.....

Would agree with this, i have no idea if he will leave ( but he probably will) but he was ok yesterday and it seems there are some who stuck the knife in when he first joined and no matter what he does they will continue to slag him off. Its a shame really as he deserves better, he is a Spurs player and we should ALL try and support him.

I understand that if players do not look like they are trying and show no improvement over a season then criticism is warranted but as i say there were some who made it obvious from the first minute they did not fancy him and never stopped letting him/us know that.

We win 6-1 and he gets slated.. the bloke really can't win

I was at the game and you could see that his confidence is lower than pavement. At half time when we were two up and he hadn't done anything wrong he is getting pelters from some fans for how she he has been

Remarkably once he started taking more risks, playing attacking football rather than safe backwards passes, people changed their tune. People even sang his name

I've not seena player under Poch look so less confident apart from maybe soldado. Sissoko looked prettified to try anything that wasn't safe,.., but you can't blame him considering the abuse he gets

Nonsense. Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans are pished because he rejected them. He played fine for them. Well enough for Benitez to make him their captain and well enough to be selected by the French National team. He is bereft of confidence but he has not let us down when he has played. I was at the Palace game and was pleased how a combination of him and Walker kept Zanzibar quiet second half which gave us a platform to win the game.

Both very good posts.

You are a stats guy. You repeatedly state why, (cant trust your eyes... affirmation bias etc etc) a lot of that i agree with... so show me the stats to back up your arguement please.

The biggest problem with stats is that they can be misleading on occasions ( sadly they are those who believe they are infallible) having worked with them in the game for decades i can say that they are a handy tool but not to be taken as never wrong when used to push a point.

I'm not going to give an opinion, but no need to get wound up, he is very unlikely to be here next season.

You are a funny dude. I am having fun debating the team I love with a fellow Spur, we may not agree with each other but I am certainly not getting wound up. Why would you say such a thing? I

Yes, I am so glad we got him. I know he has been inconsistent but when he brings his "A" game he is a beast

He tore us apart 2 or 3 times for Saudi Sportswashing Machine and he was a beast in the Euro final.

Poch wanted him and that works for me.

Now this was my very first post on this thread.

He's absolute pony, bless him.

I bet Poch salvages a £30m train wreck, by using him to replace Kyle Walker at right wing back; ultimately transforming Sissoko into the new Dani Alves - crossed with the 2nd coming of Carlos Alberto.

Or Nathaniel Clyne. I'd even take Clyne.

You are a funny dude. I am having fun debating the team I love with a fellow Spur, we may not agree with each other but I am certainly not getting wound up. Why would you say such a thing? I

Wasn't you in general ... so many people seem completely bent out of shape on Sissoko ..

My opinion is Sissoko has ability, he is one of those players who struggles for consistency, if it's confidence/motivation/fitness, who really knows.

What I don't think fans have understood is this is our new normal, we will buy players, and they will either fit/succeed with Poch or be moved on quickly.

The biggest problem with stats is that they can be misleading on occasions ( sadly they are those who believe they are infallible) having worked with them in the game for decades i can say that they are a handy tool but not to be taken as never wrong when used to push a point.

Oh i would agree with that assessment whole heartedly, but Scara loves a stat, and i wanted to see if he could dig out some stats to back up his arguements.

You are a stats guy. You repeatedly state why, (cant trust your eyes... affirmation bias etc etc) a lot of that i agree with... so show me the stats to back up your arguement please.

How about not a single season totaling over 10 goals and assists combined in the league? That's over 9 years in League 1 and the PL.

I prefer testing my views with stats. Thinking about what a stat should indicate if my thinking about a player is correct or incorrect. Instead of digging up stats to support my argument. I think that Sissoko lacks a lot of end product for someone playing his role. I can test this by looking at his goals and assists. It doesn't end conversation or thinking, but it gives some indication if my thinking is on track. If he had multiple seasons totaling 20+ I would be forced to reconsider.

Luckily no one on this forum seem to think that stats are infallible.

Back