• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Knee. Jerk. Moaning. Son was easily our best player by some distance in the first part of the season. Sissoko is yet to fill the headlines, but he's been nowhere near as bad as some suggest. I'm currently watching our home game vs city, and Sissoko was very very good. Some comments about our players are just so far off, it's ridiculous!
Agree. Its embarrassing at times....

Good cameo from Sissoko today.

Son so good at times and if with age he irons out those creases in his game, then we could have a £60m player on our hands.

Thought he did alright coming off the bench. He's not a bad player, just a confusing signing.

I understand the signing as he gives us something different and a plan B. He's a nightmare for defenders when he's on his game.

He just needs to virtually always be on his game. You have to be now to play for a Club with our massive ambitions.

I understand the signing as he gives us something different and a plan B. He's a nightmare for defenders when he's on his game.

He just needs to virtually always be on his game. You have to be now to play for a Club with our massive ambitions.

He had that run where he basically ran straight and went into their centre back

If only he could shoot

He had that run where he basically ran straight and went into their centre back

If only he could shoot

My problem is that he neither score goals nor is he very creative. Like Son he runs at players but I feel with Sissoko there is less end product. For a player that is deployed on the flank his crossing is shocking

I think he is of best use if we can't break a side down. Then what we do is put him on in a central attacking midfield role and get him to run with the ball towards the centre halves and then try and pass to someone else or dink it into the box.

Must admit I prefer an isco, schurrle, mahrez or zaha however.

I think Poch wants him to do what son is on the other side. Son takes a lot of risks, I don't see why Sissoko is playing so conservatively. He can't be the shy/timid sort can he?

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I think he is aware that the boo boys are close, so it playing the percentages, see a player in there, also the difference between the way we play and Saudi Sportswashing Machine do means i think we need to treat him a little like he is 50% new to the league .

I quite like him he is a bit of a blunt tool when then tika taca is failing. Get him running towards the goal and make sure somebody is following up behind him for the scraps

I think he is aware that the boo boys are close, so it playing the percentages, see a player in there, also the difference between the way we play and Saudi Sportswashing Machine do means i think we need to treat him a little like he is 50% new to the league .

I quite like him he is a bit of a blunt tool when then tika taca is failing. Get him running towards the goal and make sure somebody is following up behind him for the scraps
But son gets away with a lot.... And he demonstrates that playing the percentages makes sense when you have players like Kane, alli and Eriksen hovering around goal.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I think he is of best use if we can't break a side down. Then what we do is put him on in a central attacking midfield role and get him to run with the ball towards the centre halves and then try and pass to someone else or dink it into the box.

Must admit I prefer an isco, schurrle, mahrez or zaha however.
If teams let players run at their centre backs with the ball with any real frequency they wouldn't be hard to break down in the first place.

And I would rather have other players in our team doing that if we can make it happen.

He should watch Antonio for the spam as for me their similar players physically and style wise but one has cracked a way to play and the other hasn't

That is a very good point, i do like Sissoko and for me there is a player in there and if anyone can bring it out i would like to think Poch can.

I think Vertonghen would be a more effective marauding hammer, than Sissoko.

Or Kaboul, or Capoue. Or Kone or ... well most big lads in the Prem. And they would be about £12m, not £30m :D

Antonio does a let more than that

He is direct and runs straight lines. Sounds simple but if you have pace and power it's a strength
Didn't Sissoko do that a lot for Saudi Sportswashing Machine? Didn't he do that a lot for them in games against us on several occasions?

My point is that this is a lot easier playing for Saudi Sportswashing Machine against us than the other way around. Straight lines run into opponents a lot quicker when passing for us.

Didn't Sissoko do that a lot for Saudi Sportswashing Machine? Didn't he do that a lot for them in games against us on several occasions?

My point is that this is a lot easier playing for Saudi Sportswashing Machine against us than the other way around. Straight lines run into opponents a lot quicker when passing for us.

Yeah he Did which is why I thought we brought him

Problem is for us he always seems to play safe

Yeah he Did which is why I thought we brought him

Problem is for us he always seems to play safe

Disagree entirely. He tries to do exactly the same for us. But most of the time the space just isn't there to do what he does well.

Arguably his best start for us came in the home game against City. When City were giving away space left right and centre in game after game and it was a very open game. He still does the same thing, it's just that in most games teams sit back against us, deny us space and often have their wide midfielder doubling up on the flank to help out their full back.

Back