• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

I agree that he looks an excellent player..... I just think there is a general problem in buying from PL teams now as they are all awash with cash as well as bricking it about getting relegated and falling off the money wagon. I also think that Soumare naturally plays a little deeper than Dacoure so would potentially make a better partner for Ndombele.
But is error prone and not displindd position wise by all account (I’ve never seen him play)

He'll never be the same athlete after knee surgery.
Imagine Sissoko minus the speed and the ability to use his physically. He'll have to slim down to put less pressure on his knee.

He will be just like that shell of Wanyama we are still trying to sell. Except it will be worse with Sissoko on 100k+ a week until 2023.

Following a clinical assessment and scans, Moussa Sissoko has today (Tuesday) undergone surgery to the medial collateral ligament in his right knee.

The France international sustained the injury in our fixture against Southampton, resulting in him missing our recent FA Cup tie at Middlesbrough.

Our medical staff will monitor Moussa’s recovery before he commences rehabilitation with a view to returning to training in early April.
fudge. That's torn it.

Imagine Sissoko minus the speed and the ability to use his physically. He'll have to slim down to put less pressure on his knee.

He will be just like that shell of Wanyama we are still trying to sell. Except it will be worse with Sissoko on 100k+ a week until 2023.
MCL is fine. The surgery is probably for some meniscus damage (a secondary problem from the impact). Very rarely is the MCL operated on.

The MCL. Fcukin' 'ell.

If you've experienced any issue with this ligament, you'll know how painful it is to begin kicking a ball again.
Fair play to the big man. He had a monster block tackle in the second half that looked like he came off second best. Sissoko being Sissoko just hobbled, rubbed it, flexed it and carried on :)

GHod knows how if he's had to have surgery. As I said above, unless it's ruptured completely (if it had he'd never had carried on) the surgery is more likely because of meniscus damage caused at the same time.

Easy be 3 months though.

MCL s are left to heal by themselves with appropriate ongoing rehab.

We will miss him big time!
We already lack power and pace in the middle and Christ knows who is going to fight fires in our midfield!

Fair play to the big man. He had a monster block tackle in the second half that looked like he came off second best. Sissoko being Sissoko just hobbled, rubbed it, flexed it and carried on :)

GHod knows how if he's had to have surgery. As I said above, unless it's ruptured completely (if it had he'd never had carried on) the surgery is more likely because of meniscus damage caused at the same time.

Easy be 3 months though.

MCL s are left to heal by themselves with appropriate ongoing rehab.
He would try to play on with his leg hanging off TBF

And Levy demanding £30 million for him and refusing to subsidise his wages.

There is no one else crazy enough on the planet to pay Sissoko 100k per week. We are fudging stuck with him [emoji21]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Last edited:
Sissoko being injured is sad but it will force us to look for real solutions in midfield as opposed to "safe" stop gaps.

Have we been using these ""safe" stop gaps." because their 'safety' aspect is very much in dispute?

My fear is Sissoko was our 'only' option as a defensive stopper in anything like a midfield.
Unless we can coerce Wanyama out of his wheelchair PDQ.

Back