• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

He is a genuine asset.

Those questioning the likes of Ndombele or any player who’s in their first year, would do well to think back to how Sissoko, Moura, Son all developed/ transformed after settling.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Intelligent people aren't questioning N'dombele's ability.

We still do for Sissoko every time he traps the ball 15 yds or gets past the halfway line, freaks the fudge out and kicks the ball hard at the nearest moving thing he can see. I didn't question when he got absolutely destroyed by SCBC's left winger three times in a row, I just felt sorry for him.

He is a genuine asset.

Those questioning the likes of Ndombele or any player who’s in their first year, would do well to think back to how Sissoko, Moura, Son all developed/ transformed after settling.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I liked NDombele today but I’d still prefer 4-2-3-1 with winks and sissoko... that said long term I see sissoko playing plenty but in varying positions

He did a great job today playing RB. He still is Sissoko though, failing to take the ball to the corner flag in the last minute and getting Lamela caught offside and struggling to control 6 yard passes.

Intelligent people aren't questioning N'dombele's ability.

We still do for Sissoko every time he traps the ball 15 yds or gets past the halfway line, freaks the fudge out and kicks the ball hard at the nearest moving thing he can see. I didn't question when he got absolutely destroyed by SCBC's left winger three times in a row, I just felt sorry for him.

No one can argue with you on Sissoko's ability in front of goal. Its become a thing. When he gets into a shooting position, the anticipation in the crowd, and baggage he carriers himself...results in a spectacular spoon or slice. It's almost commic. But the rest of his game has come on leaps and bounds. He's never going to be a deft Eriksen-like player (but then Eriksen is always going to lack physicality, power and drive that Sissoko has).

How do you rate Poch? One of the games most respected managers keeps playing him, and clearly doesn't take you view point.

He did a great job today playing RB. He still is Sissoko though, failing to take the ball to the corner flag in the last minute and getting Lamela caught offside and struggling to control 6 yard passes.

Talking about 6 yard passes reminds me of Eriksen unable to make a return foray 5 yard pass in the second half

No one can argue with you on Sissoko's ability in front of goal. Its become a thing. When he gets into a shooting position, the anticipation in the crowd, and baggage he carriers himself...results in a spectacular spoon or slice. It's almost commic. But the rest of his game has come on leaps and bounds. He's never going to be a deft Eriksen-like player (but then Eriksen is always going to lack physicality, power and drive that Sissoko has).

How do you rate Poch? One of the games most respected managers keeps playing him, and clearly doesn't take you view point.
I think he's a very talented person with some huge flaws in his ability to reason.

Obvious examples of this being the diamond, the woo and Sissoko.

Can someone please explain something which continues to baffle me. The usual suspects have always told us that Sissoko was in the team last year because of our midfield injury crisis and he would be warming his backside on the bench, or even in the stands, as soon as our midfielders were back.

Yet yesterday - a watershed game - he starts the game when the likes of Dier, Wanyama and Lamela were only named as substitutes despite being fully fit.

So please enlighten a confused soul....

Can someone please explain something which continues to baffle me. The usual suspects have always told us that Sissoko was in the team last year because of our midfield injury crisis and he would be warming his backside on the bench, or even in the stands, as soon as our midfielders were back.

Yet yesterday - a watershed game - he starts the game when the likes of Dier, Wanyama and Lamela were only named as substitutes despite being fully fit.

He’s been part of a CM that hasn’t created much or note and not been great at protecting the defence.

Once he went to RB our CM looked much more solid.

Wanyama maybe fully fit, but he is a shell if the player he was.

I have no idea what’s going on with Dier.

I have found it funny that for a player that was just in the team because of injuries, getting a 4 year contract to take him until 34 has been treated as ‘protecting his asset value’ by a fair few folks in this thread. Anything to continue the narrative that he isn’t that good.

Why can’t we all admit he’s a good squad player that fills a role, and that any club needs versatile, team orientated players that never complain and allow others to shine through their selflessness? This is what Sissoko is. Is it what we thought we were buying? No, but that isn’t his fault. And he’s performing in his role and adding value for a long time now. This is what he is. His contract is recognition of that. We want him around.

He’s been part of a CM that hasn’t created much or note and not been great at protecting the defence.

Once he went to RB our CM looked much more solid.

Wanyama maybe fully fit, but he is a shell if the player he was.

I have no idea what’s going on with Dier.

You guys are hilarious...

Can you please just answer the question? You were dogmatic that Sissoko was so poor that he would be dropped immediately the minute that the "real" midfielders became available. Yet he still is starting... even though they have been available for weeks.

How do you square that circle?

His energy and enthusiasm make up for some of his lack of certain technical skills and he does bring something to the team, I would love to see a player with better technique in the team but he did a good job yesterday.

Dier and Wanyama clearly aren’t fully fit

Dier and Wanyama clearly aren’t fully fit

But the guy is hopeless; isn't that what you tell us... Two left feet... can't control a ball; can't pass; can't shoot...

Even a half-fit Dier should therefore be a shoe-in to replace him, let alone one who has been training for at least a month now.

Back