• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Was watching the game with a gooner mate, Sissoko gets in that position - mate bricks himself - I didnt even skip a beat.

"dont worry, its Sissoko"

Ball is still on its way to the ISS...

It’s a pity that Kane was so fatigued at the end, as I’m sure if he was fresher he’d have crossed the ball to Eriksen for a tap in...

A6207169-B9ED-484F-8205-B4D01FD288E1.jpeg

although Sissoko’s first touch almost put it on a plate for Eriksen and a more selfish goal scorer might’ve taken the chance to slot home the winning goal himself!

71E75317-BDBF-4516-A25D-1D0052706FDD.jpeg

Yeah maybe. I mean, when it comes to shooting basically anyone but Sissoko is preferable.

Of course, having said that, he will one day score and absolute screamer, which will then be held up as irrefutable proof of how wrong I am.

It was the exact same for me on Sunday with Sissoko, and the same thing at anfield back in March with the two on one, him and Son against VVD, I expected nothing which is exactly what happened, all I thought when he broke was why couldn’t it have been any other player and we were in all probability in the lead.

The thing is the guy is a athlete and he tries his best, I despise him being anywhere near the team because I struggle to fathom how he is even a professional footballer with his lack of a skill set, but if anyone tried to knock the guy for the effort he puts in I would be the first to defend him.

I kept rewatching to see if it got a deflect off the corner flag or something but nope, he meant it! He probably reminisces about that goal all the time so whenever he is 4 yards out he smashes it thinking he is 25 yards out!
And look at this lovely slot home after a slick one-two when he was at Toulouse :eek:

Clearly, like Dembele, it’s playing for Tottenham which destroys their confidence in front of goal!

Whilst I'm not as anti Sissoko as Scara, I do think his lack of footballing ability costs us when trying to play the ball from the back. He doesn't make options for others like Winks does and when he does get the ball his first touch is poor and his head is down not up and looking for an option.
Agree.

Our two main issues as a team for me are playing through intense pressure and breaking down parked buses. We need press resistant players, creativity and movement.

I'll give Sissoko good movement in some situations. Though against bus parking teams he rarely seems to be able to find and exploit space.

Other than that I can't think of many midfielders at top six clubs that offer less than him in those key areas. When his defensive contribution is also limited I'm left hoping that he will either regain form or regain a place on the bench.

So I've heard this theory about the Sissoko divide.
The things he does well are obvious things that everyone can notice. Running with the ball with speed, bursting past defenders, using his strength to win it back, out muscling players etc. They are the type of things that make him standout.
Unless you are watching the subtle mistakes he makes. His positioning, the way he doesn't make himself available to receive the ball, how he lets defenders go, how his teammates have to run towards to collect the ball off him.
Then you end up thinking he's having a good game.
Then you go online where your opinion never changes and you double down.

The only thing I can think is that it was reckless, going to ground straight through a player is an easy card to give.

Both feet were off, and in real time it looked a bit tasty.

It was the replay that showed it to be a quality tackle, not sure I can hold the ref to account too harshly on that call.

Agree.

Our two main issues as a team for me are playing through intense pressure and breaking down parked buses. We need press resistant players, creativity and movement.

I'll give Sissoko good movement in some situations. Though against bus parking teams he rarely seems to be able to find and exploit space.

Other than that I can't think of many midfielders at top six clubs that offer less than him in those key areas. When his defensive contribution is also limited I'm left hoping that he will either regain form or regain a place on the bench.

Quite worrying when you put it like that - basically we're only good in possession if the opposition gives us both space and time!

Back