1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Moussa Sissoko

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Jordinho, 31 Aug 2016.

1. scaramanga

scaramanga George Hunt Staff Member

Look at where Kane is pointing and where he receives it. It's still a goal because Kane, but that doesn't excuse fluffing the pass.

2. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Andy Thompson

Theres always an excuse for Sissoko, you should know that.

Bottom line is he isnt good enough. Despite the greatest protestations by his fan club. He just doesnt have it.

In time, when Lo Celso etc get going, I expect Sissoko to be on the bench. Probably just used to spare legs and help see out games.

Then eventually he will just leave, because he isnt getting minutes, because we have 5 or 6 better players in front of him.

scaramanga likes this.
  3. Robspur12

Robspur12 Vedran Corluka

Tbf I think the way Scara puts things is meant to be slightly tongue in cheek. @nayimfromthehalfwayline although I strongly disagree with him on Sissoko is generally balanced and respectful when he posts although the "fan club' comment is slightly unnecessary.

Then there are others who are just plain anti Sissoko what ever he does.

4. BrainOfLevy

BrainOfLevy Vedran Corluka

For goodness sake, it wasn’t a fluffed pass. There’s even an argument to say that if Sissoko played it earlier, or more forward, it would just hit Lucas who was making the run across him.

‘Always an excuse excuse for Sissoko’. Always a reason to talk him down more like.

papaspur and Maltese Falcon like this.
  5. scaramanga

Freeze the frame at the point Sissoko hits it - there's a clear, straight line to where Kane would be able to take it in his stride (as he's signalled he wants). Sissoko (for some unknown reason) puts a bit of curl on the pass and it turns slightly away from goal - it's also a little slower than Kane would want. A deadweight "push" pass in a straight line means Kane can pick the ball up in his stride. Kane scored despite the pass, not because of it.

6. BrainOfLevy

I mean, for my sins, I’ve watched it a couple more times. Kane pretty much gets it where he wants it. He points, and then the pass is made. Sissoko is moving at a pace quicker than most players around him but the ball gets to Kane, in a way that doesn’t allow the defenders to tackle him. The ball is played in front, allowing Kane’s forward momentum to get it.

But it made me realise, why is no other player scrutinised to this level of depth? That an assist to see out a tough game which was pretty much created entirely for his ability to take the ball in the air and and breeze past two or three players in the middle is seen as something negative? That we need constant reminders, after he’s helped us get to a fudging CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL that when all of our new signings settle, and everyone is fit, and when Sissoko finally succumbs to the ravages of age himself, that eventually he’ll be sold? And FINALLY you’ll be right?

It’s just laughable. GHod help any other player if they had to live with the scrutiny that Sissoko has to live with. That he was part of the side that provided some of the best memories and best runs I’ve ever had as a Spurs fan, where he more than played his part, and still can’t be accepted for what he is. That a perfectly good assist still has people picking holes in him. He’s a Spurs player, a big part of one of our most successful sides for decades.

papaspur and Maltese Falcon like this.
  7. BrainOfLevy

You are a joke.

papaspur and ricky2tricky4city like this.
  8. BrainOfLevy

I’ve asked Scara multiple times before whether he’s just being funny for the sake of it and every time he doubles down on the idea that he is serious.

9. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Paul Stalteri

1 game in and the Sissoko ding-dong if off and running.

Its like the WW1 front line...not an inch of movement in either side for months.:D

10. BrainOfLevy

‘A bit of curl on the pass’.

THE SHEER HORROR!!!

11. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Paul Stalteri

Don't get drawn in fella....not at this level of scrutiny .

12. harr1984

harr1984 Pat van den Hauwe

Practically every player in the team was under par until things were changed - Sissoko was no better or worse than the rest of them. He got a good assist, if thats him on a bad day then happy days....

papaspur and parklane1 like this.
  13. scaramanga

Watch it and tell me what I've described isn't true. He not only had a huge amount of space for a pass into Kane's stride (a bare minimum for a pro footballer), but Moura could easily have left the ball if shouted to.

14. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Ruel Fox

Ah it’ll keep us all entertained for the season...

15. parklane1

parklane1 Paul Stewart

Is the right answer. Thank GHod Eriksen game on or we may not have won that game.

harr1984 likes this.
  16. NoLimits01

NoLimits01 Luke Young

Sorry, the bit I meant was supposed to be in bold (fat fingers) "id have taken off the ineffective NDombele personally"

Agree with the diamond and Sissoko points, just that NDombele grew into the game massively once he scored

Robspur12 and Bedfordspurs like this.
  17. Raziel

Raziel Nick Barmby

Mate, he wears the shirt, he works his ass off, no need to be that way.

- Do I think he should/will be in first 11 once everyone is fit and up and running = probably not
    - BTW, I also think Winks & Dele are likely to have the same issue once everyone is fit
    - Do I think he will still see a lot of game time, rotate a bit = yes.
    - Do I think the guy will leave because he won't get game time = absolutely not, he doubled down when he wasn't getting game time and stuck it out, he also seems happy and popular in changing room.

Out of real curiosity, who are the 5 or 6 players ahead of him? in a deeper lying midfield position, that has pace/physicality, can cover defensively and drive forward?

papaspur and Finney Is Back like this.
  18. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Jimmy Cantrell

Ndombele was at that point IMO lost. He didnt know where to fit in the system and we needed the points.

The goal worked wonders for his confidence though and he was playing like he did at Lyon

19. Yiddo

Yiddo Edgar Davids

Are you actually arguing about an assist that led to a goal?

I have seen it all now.

BrainOfLevy likes this.
  20. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Andy Thompson

Be what way? Theres nothing personal about it.