• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Game against the Welch team was likely Sissoko's second to last match for Spurs. Rochdale will be his final game, barring new injuries.

Game against the Welch team was likely Sissoko's second to last match for Spurs. Rochdale will be his final game, barring new injuries.

Ahhh I wanted to make sure I wasn't dragging this thread back up since there was no need - but since it's here.

Are we now calling him slow?? That's a criticism of him you had above?

I disagree. Sissoko is too big and slow to plug holes effectively. Plugging holes is still what he's best at.

Also we can't play high tempo style with a midfielder standing still watching our offensive players do their stuff. He occupies area which our team mates cannot enter or pass through. High tempo style also needs pin point accuracy on the ball, which Sissoko is everything but.

To suggest he is too big and slow to plug holes effectively is patently ridiculous and without foundation. I would argue for instance that Yaya Toure was bigger and slower when he played his best football for Barca and City.

If however you say he lacks certain basic technical skills such as the ability to accurately control and pass the ball to colleagues on a regular basis I would agree with you 100%. I have never seen the ball bounce of a Spurs' players shins as much as it bounce of his.

With everyone fit now I wonder who won't make the bench tomorrow. I have a feeling Sissoko will.

I think that he will this weekend because it would be too big a risk having so many players recovering from injuries in the match day squad. What will be interesting is whether he is still getting selected in a months time, if everyone is still fit.

• Hugo Lloris
  • Michel Vorm
  • Danny Rose
  • Toby Alderweireld
  • Jan Vertonghen
  • Davinson Sánchez
  • Eric Dier
  • Kieran Trippier
  • Serge Aurier
  • Ben Davies
  • Erik Lamela
  • Victor Wanyama
  • Moussa Sissoko
  • Mousa Dembélé
  • Dele Alli
  • Harry Winks
  • Lucas Moura
  • Christian Eriksen
  • Heung-Min Son
  • Harry Kane
  • Fernando Llorente

21 players who would expect to be playing or on the bench when fit. 18 places available. Whoever is left out is going to feel like they're not in the manager's plans. If they are not in Poch's plans, no problem, but if they are he needs to manage it well. Maybe a full back(s) will miss out as Dier and Vertonghen can cover. Moura could be excused as not match fit; likewise Winks as returning from injury and not a senior player.
One for the Sissoko haters to get their teeth into whatever the decision!

Edit, forgot Llorente!

Last edited:
  • Hugo Lloris
  • Michel Vorm
  • Danny Rose
  • Toby Alderweireld
  • Jan Vertonghen
  • Davinson Sánchez
  • Eric Dier
  • Kieran Trippier
  • Serge Aurier
  • Ben Davies
  • Erik Lamela
  • Victor Wanyama
  • Moussa Sissoko
  • Mousa Dembélé
  • Dele Alli
  • Harry Winks
  • Lucas Moura
  • Christian Eriksen
  • Heung-Min Son
  • Harry Kane
20 players who would expect to be playing or on the bench when fit. 18 places available. Whoever is left out is going to feel like they're not in the manager's plans. If they are not in Poch's plans, no problem, but if they are he needs to manage it well. Maybe a full back(s) will miss out as Dier and Vertonghen can cover. Moura could be excused as not match fit; likewise Winks as returning from injury and not a senior member.
One for the Sissoko haters to get their teeth into whatever the decision!

I think that we might start seeing more of KWP on the bench because he can cover both flanks. With everyone fit, we are likely to start seeing at least one of Dier, Dembele or Sissoko on the bench and Lamela and Moura covering the forward positions. I think that Sissoko will make the bench this weekend because he is fully match fit but I would expect to start seeing him be less involved if we still have the full squad available in a few games time.

I agree that squad management will be important with everyone available.

I reckon Winks and Rose will miss out tomorrow, based purely on fitness.

Longer term I think Sissy and one of the fullbacks - the latter simply because you don't really need 2 in your 7 subs.
Rose is an interesting one, because potentially he is one of our biggest weapons in big matches. But add to that, fitness and loose talk.

Rose falls into that odd category for me where i really think he's one of our best players and a starter, but his direct competition has had probably his best season for us. I've really warmed to BD this season. Always been hard-working but has added a decent reliability into his game lately. He's not as attacking or agile as Rose, but then he offers a lot of discipline in that role.

It's similar with Son. Now Toby is back and presuming we go back 3 again, it's normally he who drops to bench. But that's very harsh on someone who has been so good for us this season and gives us a different dimension with pace and trickery.

Rose has not yet reached his average level (from before his injury) IMHO.

I don't disagree. But we know how good he can be, and I can't see him reaching those heights again if he just plays 90mins against lower league teams in the FA Cup.
He raises his game against the big teams that's for sure. I don't think i'd he'd disappoint us were he to play tomorrow.

Ahhh I wanted to make sure I wasn't dragging this thread back up since there was no need - but since it's here.

Are we now calling him slow?? That's a criticism of him you had above?

His top speed is excellent. His short distance speed could be good if he willed it. This would require him to be more proactive and not reactive, or worse ball/situation watcher. His poor awareness makes him slow.

Rose falls into that odd category for me where i really think he's one of our best players and a starter, but his direct competition has had probably his best season for us. I've really warmed to BD this season. Always been hard-working but has added a decent reliability into his game lately. He's not as attacking or agile as Rose, but then he offers a lot of discipline in that role.

It's similar with Son. Now Toby is back and presuming we go back 3 again, it's normally he who drops to bench. But that's very harsh on someone who has been so good for us this season and gives us a different dimension with pace and trickery.

The other thing I love about Davies is that he is so goddam smart.

You can see after Wanyama’s goal, when the team is going bonkers and celebrating, Davies has kept his head and he’s telling Lamela something tactical. He’s always thinking, always calm, and always improving. He’s got a great mentality and I’d say is probably our most under-rated player and under loved based on his ability and contribution vs in how high esteem people hold him. (No one really hates on him, but no one really loves him)

You can see after Wanyama’s goal, when the team is going bonkers and celebrating, Davies has kept his head and he’s telling Lamela something tactical. He’s always thinking, always calm, and always improving. He’s got a great mentality and I’d say is probably our most under-rated player and under loved based on his ability and contribution vs in how high esteem people hold him. (No one really hates on him, but no one really loves him)

I'd have him third after Kane and Verts as our player of the season

So interesting observation, not sure if you saw the winks interview on his teammates where he calls out Davies as the smartest guy in squad?

Hahaha! Scaramanga must have a second, secret identity to be able to steer a Sissoko thread into a man-love thread for Davies (not that I disagree with any of this deserved praise).

Back