• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Uhh wow. Honestly I think you're a great contributor to this forum, but he's started 30 games this season in all comps. We're just shy of being 2/3 of the way through?

How can you continue to argue that he's only a squad player?

Very simply because I think we can do a lot better than him in CM. Similarly, as noted above, the full backs.

I think there is a very reasonable argument that he has played only really because we have had no other choice/options.

And while he has taken that chance and improved a great deal, ultimately I still think he is one of the weaker elements to our team.

In terms of where we can most easily improve, he is right up there - and if we did improve on him logically that would leave him as a squad player.

Very simply because I think we can do a lot better than him in CM. Similarly, as noted above, the full backs.

I think there is a very reasonable argument that he has played only really because we have had no other choice/options.

And while he has taken that chance and improved a great deal, ultimately I still think he is one of the weaker elements to our team.

In terms of where we can most easily improve, he is right up there - and if we did improve on him logically that would leave him as a squad player.

Record points haul at this stage of a season, strongly placed to go through to CL quarter finals. But he's not good enough!

I think your mind was made up so long ago on this player that you can no longer see the woods for the trees.

Careful what you wish for, that's all I'll say.

Record points haul at this stage of a season, strongly plsced to go through to CL quarter finals. But he's not good enough!

Careful what you wish for, that's all I'll say.

I dont correlate things in the same way you do, clearly.

I wont attribute the team doing well to any one player, I can only really judge players individually on how well I think they contribute to the team.

With Sissoko Ive no doubt he is giving it all he has, Im not sure he will ever have form like this again in his career - but ultimately, and IMO of course, he just isnt good enough.

Or, to put it another way, I think another player can do a lot more for us than he can.

I dont correlate things in the same way you do, clearly.

I wont attribute the team doing well to any one player, I can only really judge players individually on how well I think they contribute to the team.

With Sissoko Ive no doubt he is giving it all he has, Im not sure he will ever have form like this again in his career - but ultimately, and IMO of course, he just isnt good enough.

Or, to put it another way, I think another player can do a lot more for us than he can.

But you're failing to acknowledge that he's been one of our best players in an extremely successful season. Can you at least admit to that?

You also fail to identify players like Tripper, Aurier or Moura as being bigger problem areas in terms of consistency this season.

I think that's why people have a hard time swallowing your constant Sissoko undermining.

But you're failing to acknowledge that he's been one of our best players in an extremely successful season. Can you at least admit to that?

You also fail to identify players like Tripper, Aurier or Moura as being bigger problem areas in terms of consistency this season.

I think that's why people have a hard time swallowing your constant Sissoko undermining.

If you read what Ive written I have also pointed to the fullbacks as another area to most easily upgrade the team.

This is the Sissoko thread, do I really need to write a thesis on Trippiers pros and cons just to appease people who have some twisted perception on me?

If you look in the Trippier, Aurier or Rose threads youll see exactly what I think.

One of our "Best players"? Not for me. Ive no doubt he is doing his best, but he is still some way away from our best performers this season IMO. I had this with Parklane, he is #6 before we even get into debating whether or not Winks has done better than him (I think he has, but I also acknowledge that ones a close call and could go either way for people).

"Most consistent", again - not sure. I think he has played a lot, thats not the same as consistency. I think he has improved a lot, which would suggest his level hasnt been the same week in week out. He has been consistent probably since Christmas Id say.

I dont constantly undermine him. I offer pros and cons. And yet people (who often only post pros) only read the cons and then get their rage on.

He was excellent yesterday and but for that excellent save would’ve cemented cult/hero status. It is coming.
Absolutely. Really worked his socks off the whole game. Fantastic attitude. He has come from being a figure of fun to one of the first names on the teamsheet....amazing turnaround. Must have real mental strength.

Back