• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

#PrayForPoch then? Time must be coming up for him pretty soon given this regular mistake, which he keeps making, which keeps harming our results.
I don't think there's any need to be silly about it. Poch gets 95%+ of what he does right. Nobody manages 100% and there are very few who do better than he does. Suggesting we replace Poch with a better manager is like suggesting we replace Kane with a better forward. It's technically possible but unlikely for Spurs.

But he does make mistakes and Sissoko is very clearly one of them

I don't think there's any need to be silly about it. Poch gets 95%+ of what he does right. Nobody manages 400% and there are very few who do better than he does. Suggesting we replace Poch with a better manager is like suggesting we replace Kane with a better forward. It's technically possible but unlikely for Spurs.

60 times and counting.

May be we don't get the full £30m from Ashley until he has played a certain number of games and Levy is making Poch play him to get the money

That’s the thing, if Sissoko really is the Aly Dia fraud that’s claimed by many, then Poch, Deschamps and every other manager that’s been fooled by him is not a person who should have their player judgement trusted.
Deschamps dropped him like a hot stone the moment he had a fit midfield to choose from.

He's not been a regular in the French side for nearly two years now.

I don't know what the Saudi Sportswashing Machine management were thinking but the fans were certainly very pleased to be rid of him. I seem to remember there was quite a lot of surprise at the magnitude of the transfer fee too.

Problem is, I can't see any potential in him as a player in terms of the shinning it and poor control. As a goal scoring threat, he's no better than David Batty. Sure he's strong and fast but with no control. As someone stated above, he gets minutes when first choice players aren't available. The day we need to play Sissoko against a top four rival, we might as well give them an extra man.

The club have all the stats for this, Poch has cold hard numbers on every pass and turnover made, if Sissoko is a problem Poch shouldn’t be playing him.

I’m really starting to lose faith in the Argentinian with all this evidence to his glaring lack of understanding the of the game.
Poch has spoken before about auras and not subbing players off when they have a bad game in case they get their poor little feelings hurt.

He's good, very good, but he's not perfect. He's certainly far enough from perfect to make your argument a poor appeal to authority.

Authorities must prove their contentions like everybody else

All I've heard from Poch on why Sissoko is worthy of a Spurs shirt is some vague mumblings about something, something, transition. He's said nothing to prove why Sissoko is a valid choice, whilst Sissoko has done plenty to prove why he isn't.

Deschamps dropped him like a hot stone the moment he had a fit midfield to choose from.

He's not been a regular in the French side for nearly two years now.

I don't know what the Saudi Sportswashing Machine management were thinking but the fans were certainly very pleased to be rid of him. I seem to remember there was quite a lot of surprise at the magnitude of the transfer fee too.

Yet he was a regular in the side that made the last EC final.

I don't think there's any need to be silly about it. Poch gets 95%+ of what he does right. Nobody manages 400% and there are very few who do better than he does. Suggesting we replace Poch with a better manager is like suggesting we replace Kane with a better forward. It's technically possible but unlikely for Spurs.

Come on man. You’re all for being funny about something when you feel like it.

This is Moussa’s 3rd season now. 5 transfer windows in. For it to be ‘very clearly’ a mistake that he’s kept a good squad player here as a...good squad player...is nonsense.

It’s the right move. Of course if he can play someone he can trust in the system but also expect more from on the ball, he will play them. As I acknowledge in this thread. But he had Dembele and he didn’t play him this weekend. If Sissoko was *that* bad, he’d play Dembele because there’s no way he’d risk having this French donkey in the team. Even if Dembele is only just back from holiday. Because the benefit of playing Dembele vs Sissoko would be so great, considering how bad Sissoko supposedly is.

Poch has spoken before about auras and not subbing players off when they have a bad game in case they get their poor little feelings hurt.

He's good, very good, but he's not perfect. He's certainly far enough from perfect to make your argument a poor appeal to authority.

:D

All I've heard from Poch on why Sissoko is worthy of a Spurs shirt is some vague mumblings about something, something, transition. He's said nothing to prove why Sissoko is a valid choice, whilst Sissoko has done plenty to prove why he isn't.

It really is the height of arrogance to assume it is a poor appeal to authority to assume an elite coach has backed the same player for 3 years now, rather than accepting to the fact you have maybe exaggerated your criticism of the player.

Reactions: DTA
What we are looking for as comparison for Sir Alex is a player whom he matched his record signing fee for who played in 75% of eligible matches.

The way he has to prove his decision making to you is by delivering results. Which he does, by over achieving every season he’s been here, and Sissoko’s played in a fair few of those marches.

He’s also tried to explain, but as you wrote it off with ‘something something transition’ you probably wouldn’t understand the explanation if he ever had the opportunity to give it to you in more detail. Sometimes coaches make mistakes but quite often fans get confused by what is going on in the game when they don’t understand it / don’t have all the info.

Reactions: DTA
Back