• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

Only when Son and Njie hadn't arrived/settled, Lamela was behind in pre-season because of Copa America and Townsend was injured. They've all leaped ahead of him again now.
How can players who play on the wing leap ahead of someone who plays CM?

Moose will replace Dier today simply because Poch will like to leave the defence as it is (so Toby and verts together). Also physically Moose is similar to Dier and wont be bullied, especially when compared to the option of Carroll/Winks.

But the biggest plus for Poch is Moose didnt go away with Belguim so has had plenty of time to drill him and get him up to speed on what's expected. Basically muscle them and give it quickly and simply.

Shock horror. Dembele man of the match. Making a mockery of gutter boys football knowledge yet again! ;)

Personally, I'd put Dembele alongside Dier next week. All is clearly very good, but feel a period on th bench would be good for him. Though with Chadli injured, maybe Alli behind Kane and Eriksen and Lamela either side.

Yea Ali moves forward a position, no way Dembele can get dropped after that and Dier has to play. Demb and Ali can rotate a bit as needed as well.

According to Michael Owen. The same guy that gave Chiriches man of the match. Dembele was the first name that popped into his head. Didnt explain why he deserved it.
Hoddle 5 minutes before was saying how Dembele and Alli were really loose and sloppy in the first half but improved in the second half.
Personally Dembele had one of those good defensive performances he pops up with against bigger teams. But he did nothing with the ball. He doesnt have the brain to pass the ball in the middle of the pitch and dictate play. He can run and see what happens.

That was an awesome performance and next week we play another side that is likely to not play counter attacking football so that suits him

According to Michael Owen. The same guy that gave Chiriches man of the match. Dembele was the first name that popped into his head. Didnt explain why he deserved it.
Hoddle 5 minutes before was saying how Dembele and Alli were really loose and sloppy in the first half but improved in the second half.
Personally Dembele had one of those good defensive performances he pops up with against bigger teams. But he did nothing with the ball. He doesnt have the brain to pass the ball in the middle of the pitch and dictate play. He can run and see what happens.
That's not true actually.

Yea Ali moves forward a position, no way Dembele can get dropped after that and Dier has to play. Demb and Ali can rotate a bit as needed as well.

I would drop him for Dier. Dembele played well today but we were nowhere near as fluid going forward today as we have been at our best this season. Dembele plays his own game well but I do not think that he is a good fit for Poch's style.

Problem with Dembele is that these performances are so rare. Hopefully we'll get another one before the end of the year.

Done well as part of a double pivot alongside a more attack minded Alli but Dembele alongside sweeper-midfielder Dier would probably just slow down our forward play too much imho.

Moussa played well today after the first 25. He grew into it and was a good at breaking down the play and building attacks as the game went on.

Alli struggled today, he is the one who I think should be started further forward until he gains more experience

Problem with Dembele is that these performances are so rare. Hopefully we'll get another one before the end of the year.

Tbf I think this season he was been good to very good every single time he has played right across the midfield.

That is one of the harshest posts of the day (or week). I need not ask if Dembele is one of your favourite players.

The guy came in for Dier with a shielding brief which he did to simple perfection. His position was not there to do something with the ball. That was the remit of the likes of Lamela who seems to have reverted to mean, yet again.

He was head and shoulders above all the rest of the team, expect for maybe Toby, and definitely was MOM for me. Some of his interceptions were brilliant!

Dembele has done OK for us under Poch in advanced positions against the big teams because he is excellent at defending from the front and impossible to get off the ball. In deeper positions he hampers our play because he does not release the ball quick enough. That said, he may be the least worst option today alongside Alli.[/QU
I would drop him for Dier. Dembele played well today but we were nowhere near as fluid going forward today as we have been at our best this season. Dembele plays his own game well but I do not think that he is a good fit for Poch's style.
sorry Milo that is one eyed nonsense. It's surprising if dembele does not fit Poch' s style how he is still here and is still playing in his team. He wins the ball passes it simple or runs creates space then passes it . It's a complete myth that he doesn't fit into 'Pochs system. '' We cannot afford to sell the guy at the moment.

Last edited:
That is one of the harshest posts of the day (or week). I need not ask if Dembele is one of your favourite players.

The guy came in for Dier with a shielding brief which he did to simple perfection. His position was not there to do something with the ball. That was the remit of the likes of Lamela who seems to have reverted to mean, yet again.

He was head and shoulders above all the rest of the team, expect for maybe Toby, and definitely was MOM for me. Some of his interceptions were brilliant!

Agreed ... re best players, thought Lloris had a really good game as well (par for course I guess)

I don't rate him but though he played well today. Still would start Dier, Mason and Bentaleb in preference to him though and would still take the rumoured £10m which Napoli are rumoured to be prepared to pay for him

Back