• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

Sometimes watching Moose was like watching the favorite uncle play football in the park with 8 year olds, as he effortlessly slalomed through the mania with tots left in heap, others clinging to his legs and his team mates squealing in delight as he does that move again. The one he telegraphs, he knows he's going to do it, you know he's going to do it, his opponent knows he's going to do it, and when he does it you still wonder how he done it as he glides away across the turf. That drop of the shoulder, pitch of his hips and waggle of his foot that almost seems in slow motion and we've all seen so many times, yet it works.
It's a real shame he never got the manager his talent deserved until it was to late.
Au reviour and bon chance Mon ami.

Sometimes watching Moose was like watching the favorite uncle play football in the park with 8 year olds, as he effortlessly slalomed through the mania with tots left in heap, others clinging to his legs and his team mates squealing in delight as he does that move again. The one he telegraphs, he knows he's going to do it, you know he's going to do it, his opponent knows he's going to do it, and when he does it you still wonder how he done it as he glides away across the turf. That drop of the shoulder, pitch of his hips and waggle of his foot that almost seems in slow motion and we've all seen so many times, yet it works.
It's a real shame he never got the manager his talent deserved until it was to late.
Au reviour and bon chance Mon ami.
Agreed, brilliant at all that... just a shame he didn't quite impose himself as much as it SEEMED he should.
He wasn't Zidane, he wasn't Modric, he had a big effect on games, but he didn't have a HUGE impact like he should have done.
Maybe he was just a bit too nice to truly smash people up or shooooot more often.

Agreed, brilliant at all that... just a shame he didn't quite impose himself as much as it SEEMED he should.
He wasn't Zidane, he wasn't Modric, he had a big effect on games, but he didn't have a HUGE impact like he should have done.
Maybe he was just a bit too nice to truly smash people up or shooooot more often.
He had a huge impact in the season we were chasing Leicester. We could not buy a win that season unless he played. He became almost as indispensable as Bale was in AVBs team. Poch then went out and bought 2 players to cover what he bought to the side, Sissoko and Wanyama as there was not one available with his entire skillset. Injuries have diminished his influence without a doubt but I have never got the comments about his lack of impact. The evidence suggests otherwise.

Last edited:
He had all the skills you associate with an attacking midfielder but he used them defensively, imo.

I think bmj moved him back at Fulham from a no.10, Carrick also credited him with making him a dm (albeit in a different way)

Last edited:

He always left me feeling the same way.

Real sad that the injury has taken away our opportunity to say goodbye to one of my favourite players from the past decade.

When does the Chinese league start? Can he hang around a little bit to let us say goodbye at the next Wembley match? :D

^good point. It would have been good to send him off in a game. He could have come on for last 5 minutes.
I guess Spurs didn't want to risk 11m and 6 months of wages and or he didn't want to risk the 200k a week for playing North Bucks division 2 standard football for it. Obviously if he was idolised like Kane is he would have got the last 5 against Tranmere regardless.

When the opponents fans start to rate a player.. that's enough proof of how good Dembele was.
He's going to be missed..maybe he should have stayed another season, as I said before last season!

When the opponents fans start to rate a player.. that's enough proof of how good Dembele was.
He's going to be missed..maybe he should have stayed another season, as I said before last season!
I don’t think his leaving is due to what he brings to the team but given his fitness record and the wages he could earn in China I can only assume that he was given this season to prove his fitness to earn a new contract, as selling and replacing him in the summer would have been the smart move in hindsight.

Age and fitness are the reasons he's moved on.
He should have gone last season but we took a risk with his fitness and it failed, not having the readies to replace him and Wanyama is behind most of our forward thinking.

He had a huge impact in the season we were chasing Leicester. We could not buy a win that season unless he played. He became almost as indispensable as Bale was in AVBs team. Poch then went out and bought 2 players to cover what he bought to the side, Sissoko and Wanyama as there was not one available with his entire skillset. Injuries have diminished his influence without a doubt but I have never got the comments about his lack of impact. The evidence suggests otherwise.
Poch failed.

You can combine the two and they're still not nearly the player a fit Dembele was.

Moussa gone? I've been busy shovelling snow and not following any news, anywhere...

Thanks for your service, big man, I'm gonna miss u :(

Show must go on for Dembele
By Matt Law Football News Correspondent

Pochettino has now waved goodbye to Dembele (Getty)

Mousa Dembele’s departure caused sadness among a large section of Tottenham Hotspur supporters last week and the Belgian will also be sorely missed by his old team-mates and staff at the club’s Enfield training centre.

Dembele was one of the most popular players at Tottenham and it was virtually impossible to find anyone with a bad word to say about the man once hailed a “genius” by manager Mauricio Pochettino.

His popularity extended to the Spurs press office, even though Dembele was one of the club’s more reluctant interviewees.

Not bothered about putting himself in the limelight or talking up the praise bestowed on him from Pochettino or pundits, Dembele would try every trick in the book to either avoid giving an interview or ending it as soon as possible.

When asked to take part in some extra filming at one of the annual broadcaster days, Dembele politely replied: “I would love to, but I really need to go and pick up my kids from school.”

But, much to the amusement of everybody present, Dembele quickly had to put his hands up and admit to his lie when it was pointed out that it was late July and the schools had broken up.

Dembele’s other trick would be to agree to any question his interviewer asked in an attempt to complete his media duties as quickly as possible. Press officers would smirk as the 31-year-old gave reporters exactly what they wanted and made an early exit home.

One subject Dembele would open up on, however, was his love of musicals, as this particular reporter found out during an interview in 2013 and, in Guangzhou R&F, he has picked a good club to maintain that particular interest.

Not getting very far asking Dembele about his own game or the merits of Tottenham’s latest signing of the time, Lewis Holtby, I decided to instead ask whether he had any hobbies outside football.

Twenty minutes later, Dembele had finished talking about his love of London’s West End and, in particular, the Jersey Boys musical which he had seen three times at that point.

Fortunately for Dembele, a quick internet search confirmed that Guangzhou, where he has moved, does have an active musical scene with Cats, Wicked and Kinky Boots recently visiting the city north-west of Hong Kong.

Back