• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

£11m for Dembele at his age would be INCREDIBLE business again by Levy:eek:

Will be sad to see him go....hopefully someone is being lined up as we speak to replace him...ON THE PITCH IN CM GODAMMIT, NOT IN THE PHYSIO ROOM!!

I'd keep him until the end of the season/contract. If we can get him fit (ish) then he's still a great asset for Champions League games, which he's historically performed extremely well in.

11m is peanuts if Dembele plays a role in us progressing to the semi finals.
Unfortunately I don't think that we are in a position to turn down £11 million for a player who might play a bit part in several weeks time after getting back to fitness assuming he doesn't break down again in the mean time. I would rather take the money and wages that he will free up and put them towards a replacement. My suggestion for that replacement in the transfer thread was Philip Billing from Huddersfield. I think Poch could turn him into a fantastic player.

Unfortunately I don't think that we are in a position to turn down £11 million for a player who might play a bit part in several weeks time after getting back to fitness assuming he doesn't break down again in the mean time. I would rather take the money and wages that he will free up and put them towards a replacement. My suggestion for that replacement in the transfer thread was Philip Billing from Huddersfield. I think Poch could turn him into a fantastic player.

I'd agree that 11M for a Dembele that may or may not play a significant role is probably too much to turn down (and if he wants it as a pay off, it's a good concession from the club)

I don't agree with a developing player however, I really hope the club

- Continues to buy players that Poch can improve
- but also, goes for at least one significant buy (it would do so much to shutdown the no money and Spurs can't compete narrative)

I'd keep him until the end of the season/contract. If we can get him fit (ish) then he's still a great asset for Champions League games, which he's historically performed extremely well in.

11m is peanuts if Dembele plays a role in us progressing to the semi finals.

He's been reduced to a 20 minute player now. It's an effective weapon, but Winks is now just as capable as performing that game management role. In that sense I'd actually say keeping Llorente is more important, because no one else in the squad can do his role

I'd rather give a new signing time to bed in for next season, like Moura 12 months ago.

I’m in the middle with this

I agree it’s time for him to go - but I do think maybe keeping him till the summer would have been better - fully aware he’s not the force he was - but good enough for Huddersfield at home etc and closing out games.

But 11 million is semi decent business, will we actually use that money though and wage space?

I don’t have the behind the scenes knowledge, but from the outside he would have been a lot more useful than Wanyama

Only if he is actually fit to play, which this season he is most reliably not.

Keep a player on tens of thousands a week, only to use him 20 minutes here or there - or get £11m to reinvest into the squad and maybe get a player that will really make a difference?

Its a no-brainer for me.

And Id say the same of Wanyama. The key, as always, is what you end up with rather than what you lose.

Sky sports saying £9m fee.

If the reporting of the same interview by Poch yesterday is anything to go by it seems sky like to put a negative spin on things whereas BBC put a positive spin on it (or just use the actual quotes!), so the truth is somewhere in the middle. £10m!

Only if he is actually fit to play, which this season he is most reliably not.

Keep a player on tens of thousands a week, only to use him 20 minutes here or there - or get £11m to reinvest into the squad and maybe get a player that will really make a difference?

Its a no-brainer for me.

And Id say the same of Wanyama. The key, as always, is what you end up with rather than what you lose.

How much of that saved money/Fee is going to make much of a difference if we are not signing anyone in Jan?

He’s just returned to fitness I believe ? Well Dembele fitness.

We will see I guess.

As I said I’m right in the middle of this one and get why the club have off loaded.

How much of that saved money/Fee is going to make much of a difference if we are not signing anyone in Jan?

He’s just returned to fitness I believe ? Well Dembele fitness.

We will see I guess.

As I said I’m right in the middle of this one and get why the club have off loaded.

He's got to be on £70k a week, at least. What difference might that make in getting Eriksen to sign a new deal?

And, "well Dembele fitness..." says it all really, doesnt it?

I get the sentimentality with him. He has been with us through all our recent progress, and has been key to much of it - Ill be sorry to see him go myself.

But, as a cold "business" decision, it really is a no brainer IMHO.

He's got to be on £70k a week, at least. What difference might that make in getting Eriksen to sign a new deal?

And, "well Dembele fitness..." says it all really, doesnt it?

I get the sentimentality with him. He has been with us through all our recent progress, and has been key to much of it - Ill be sorry to see him go myself.

But, as a cold "business" decision, it really is a no brainer IMHO.

If that sways Christian/Toby I’m all for it haha

It’s more squad numbers than sentimentality, I don’t believe we have enough cover in CM to be in 4 cups an the league.

I get that. I guess I just dont consider Demebele as cover at this point, he has proven he cannot be relied upon.

EDIT: And, of course, selling him might mean we get someone in who is in regular contention.

Back