• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

Far too quiet. Likeable lad but not captain material from what I see from afar.
Neither fish nor fowl or as my old boss said to me on many an occasion 'use nor ornament'.
Too nice IMHO, we need a bastard* desperately. We need a Deeney nobler....within the rules of course. ;)

* replace with personal preference.

I’d have Dier as captain all day long if he’s in the team. I’m not his biggest fan as a player but he has character.

1. He always says the right things in interviews.
2. Against Chelsea a couple of years ago, he mixed it which shows me he’s no shrinking violet.
3. After that game, you could see how upset and hurt he was in the post game interview. Not in a “woe is me” way but in a “we have to do better” way.
4. He was dogbrick against Colombia in the World Cup when he came. The bottle he showed to take and score the winning penalty said a lot to me about his character.

I think he’s made for captain. I’m just not sure he’s made for our starting 11.

A Roy Keane in there and we would have won a couple of league titles already.

Not sure the is a Keane type player out there or one who could grow into one.

English culture being what it is it would not be an Englishman as they have been cuckolded by a liberal culture and media. So we should look to Wales, Scotland or Ireland.

I do have a theory our new saviour is currently a 14 year old boy in an academy somewhere in England born in this country to eastern European parents he will have the right amount of verve and determination to take on the status quo but not be schakled by being downcast because he is English.

He will take us to the promised land, we just have to wait a few years for him to show himself to us.

Marcus Edwards?

I’d have Dier as captain all day long if he’s in the team. I’m not his biggest fan as a player but he has character.

2. Against Chelsea a couple of years ago, he mixed it which shows me he’s no shrinking violet.
3. After that game, you could see how upset and hurt he was in the post game interview. Not in a “woe is me” way but in a “we have to do better” way.
4. He was dogbrick against Colombia in the World Cup when he came. The bottle he showed to take and score the winning penalty said a lot to me about his character.

The problem is nobody’s stands out.
They are a lovely bunch of lads!

Watford were extremely combative and we were limp, we can’t shut a game down. As Juventus will testify.

Last edited:

The three players that fit the bill, dier, lamela and Rose aren't first picks.

A Roy Keane in there and we would have won a couple of league titles already.

Not sure the is a Keane type player out there or one who could grow into one.

English culture being what it is it would not be an Englishman as they have been cuckolded by a liberal culture and media. So we should look to Wales, Scotland or Ireland.

I do have a theory our new saviour is currently a 14 year old boy in an academy somewhere in England born in this country to eastern European parents he will have the right amount of verve and determination to take on the status quo but not be schakled by being downcast because he is English.

He will take us to the promised land, we just have to wait a few years for him to show himself to us.

I dunno if a Roy Keane personality has much relevance in modern football. Who fits that criteria at Emirates Marketing Project?

I think it's less about aggression and more about not choking, or "being brave" as Poch likes to say.

I dunno if a Roy Keane personality has much relevance in modern football. Who fits that criteria at Emirates Marketing Project?

I think it's less about aggression and more about not choking, or "being brave" as Poch likes to say.

Is not applicable to Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea because they brought their way to the top, they literally brought so many good players everyone in the team had the confidence in one another because they knew they were the best. We are fighting our way through a glass ceiling, in any walk of life to do that it usually takes an aggressive or feisty character.

If we even decided to do an Everton or Wolves maybe it would not be necessary, but as we are trying to do as I would describe the right way. I think a Keane type character is exactly what a club like Tottenham needs. If not that then maybe you could get away with a Kante run all day and all day and all day who does not give away many fouls.

But think we need more vocal leaders, someone to talk the players through games and who frankly the other players are scared of, so think I better not fcuk up otherwise this guy is going to be a fcuking nightmare in training next week.

Is not applicable to Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea because they brought their way to the top, they literally brought so many good players everyone in the team had the confidence in one another because they knew they were the best. We are fighting our way through a glass ceiling, in any walk of life to do that it usually takes an aggressive or feisty character.

If we even decided to do an Everton or Wolves maybe it would not be necessary, but as we are trying to do as I would describe the right way. I think a Keane type character is exactly what a club like Tottenham needs. If not that then maybe you could get away with a Kante run all day and all day and all day who does not give away many fouls.

But think we need more vocal leaders, someone to talk the players through games and who frankly the other players are scared of, so think I better not fcuk up otherwise this guy is going to be a fcuking nightmare in training next week.

It might be that Poch agrees with you, but instead of having a Roy Keane type on the pitch, he's decided to get tough with the players himself. I mean, if Roy Keane was playing in today's football, we couldn't afford him!

IMG_0432.jpg

I dunno, I think peak Keane would be Captain and first name on the team in every side in the prem including city.

I dunno, I think peak Keane would be Captain and first name on the team in every side in the prem including city.

He was a brilliant footballer and would get in most teams on the merit of his ability, nevermind his nutty will to win. What I'm saying is, his angry personality isn't necessary for success in modern football which is why i mentioned City. They don't have any characters of that type imo, yet last season they were the most dominant side in the history of the Premier League (possibly the history of the top flight as a whole).

You definitely need mentally strong people who are driven, but that doesn't necessarily involve being angry/shouting at everyone etc. in the way that Keane did.

Couldn't agree more. Keane was motm every other game and it wasn't just because of a few tackles. He was usually the best player on the pitch. I think the charicature of an angry Keane blots out the rest of his game.

Dier can be a version of this if he can improve in a few areas.

Couldn't agree more. Keane was motm every other game and it wasn't just because of a few tackles. He was usually the best player on the pitch. I think the charicature of an angry Keane blots out the rest of his game.

Dier can be a version of this if he can improve in a few areas.

How many is "a few"?
I've got, so far, quicker, could tackle, and stay awake?
Edit
and being able to pass.

He's a lovely lad and like him but will never be a top reliable defensive midfielder. In a team aiming for titles.

Last edited:
How many is "a few"?
I've got, so far, quicker, could tackle, and stay awake?
Edit
and being able to pass.

He's a lovely lad and like him but will never be a top reliable defensive midfielder. In a team aiming for titles.

Sorry but I think your wrong

Poch plays him alarmist every game... he knows his stuff

Mou the master of defensive football wanted him over Matic but we wouldn’t sell... he knows defensive football

He hasn’t played in the team with the best defence in the league twice IIRC... that’s alone show shows how good he is

he makes other players look good in a way like Makalele did (he doesn’t play the same way) and you notice when he isn’t there

Yes he has made mistakes but every player does (just look at Hugo in the final, or Kane’s misses this season), but we play high risk football and he suits us. The only player better than him in that role in this league is Kante imo

Sorry but I think your wrong

Poch plays him alarmist every game... he knows his stuff

Mou the master of defensive football wanted him over Matic but we wouldn’t sell... he knows defensive football

He hasn’t played in the team with the best defence in the league twice IIRC... that’s alone show shows how good he is

he makes other players look good in a way like Makalele did (he doesn’t play the same way) and you notice when he isn’t there

Yes he has made mistakes but every player does (just look at Hugo in the final, or Kane’s misses this season), but we play high risk football and he suits us. The only player better than him in that role in this league is Kante imo

It all about opinion Mr.

I'm not an appreciator of Eric as a defensive mid. Like the lad from what we have seen around the media.
Kante is wonderful because of his athleticism which Eric lacks. Not Erics 'fault' just a fact.
I think we need a more dynamic/fit defensive midfielder. Winks if he can stay fit can do a job.

Back