• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

At times he was embarrassingly outpaced, outwitted and once or twice even outmuscled, something you just do not associate with Mousa. Clearly not up to speed, well short of full match sharpness / fitness, which has to be down to Martinez for starting him.

At times he was embarrassingly outpaced, outwitted and once or twice even outmuscled, something you just do not associate with Mousa. Clearly not up to speed, well short of full match sharpness / fitness, which has to be down to Martinez for starting him.
And for not playing him earlier in the competition. And it appears to me that Martinez tinkered with his formation most of the game. Seeing Fellatio on the left and Hazard in the middle was bonkers stupid.

And for not playing him earlier in the competition. And it appears to me that Martinez tinkered with his formation most of the game. Seeing Fellatio on the left and Hazard in the middle was bonkers stupid.
And then bring on their best crosser and taking Fellaini off....

Worth keeping for another year for younger players to learn off, he may not play every week but I'm sure he can still contribute. It was only a few months ago he was playing some of the best football I've seen him play. Liverpool away he was immense.

3024.jpg

I'd keep him. We are not being linked with anyone better, Tbh it's getting do close to the start of the season that I would choose keeping Dembele, Alderweireld and Rose.

Was excellent when he came on, should have come on way earlier when we lost control and were wide open for the start of the second half. Took Poch quite a while to do anything about it, but he did in the end.

Edit - just watched the game again, and Newcash had their 'spurt' from 58 minutes and Dembele came on at 68 minutes to quash it, so that's not too bad. It just felt like forever watching live. Much calmer when you know the score.

Last edited:
Was excellent when he came on, should have come on way earlier when we lost control and were wide open for the start of the second half. Took Poch quite a while to do anything about it, but he did in the end.
If you cast your mind back to the WC, you'll recall that Dembele generally looked so far off full match fitness it was embarrassing. Martinez played him far too much and should have hooked him long before he eventually did.

No question a fully match-fit Dembele would have started ahead of Sissoko every time but nowadays he needs to be nursed very carefully. No doubt that came into the equation.

If you cast your mind back to the WC, you'll recall that Dembele generally looked so far off full match fitness it was embarrassing. Martinez played him far too much and should have hooked him long before he eventually did.

No question a fully match-fit Dembele would have started ahead of Sissoko every time but nowadays he needs to be nursed very carefully. No doubt that came into the equation.

Dembele didn't get that much game time in Russia. I still love watching him play but he's got 60 mins in him a game max.

Dembele didn't get that much game time in Russia. I still love watching him play but he's got 60 mins in him a game max.
Played in all six WC games, averaging 40 mins per game. But for example was clearly not match fit vs Portugal, should never have started and had to be pulled at HT. There was another game where he struggled, cannot remember which, when Martinez stuck with him far too long, like I said it was embarrassing.

Agree, wonderful to watch when fit enough, yesterday's 22 mins was a real cameo. Like you I really hope he stays, just needs to be managed carefully.

He had a terrible World Cup, doesn’t seem to play well for Belgium for some reason, not sure why.

His cameo yesterday for us however was very good and possibly saved us 2 points.

We had better not sell him. Today's cameo shows how important he is to us. Saudi Sportswashing Machine were controlling the game until he came on, then he bossed the midfield.
Also, I love him.

Replace last week's Saudi Sportswashing Machine with this week's Fulham and your post still applies

Looks that way, he did well when he came on yesterday maybe that is the way we should use him. Bring him on to help close out games that we are winning.

An alternative view would be start with him and deny Fulham the opportunity to get a foothold in the midfield in the first place

Back