• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

I don't know how to easily get stats of games played at tournaments so took the even years from WIKI and then the games played for the club in the season preceding - so either he has been unlucky to be injured for the tournaments or he just isn't fancied, I always had the impression its the later. I understand they have a wealth of talent, but come on, its Mousa.

Dembele

Year international Club
2010 5 24
2012 7 2
2014 6 27
2016 5 29
2018 5 27
28 109

Witsel
Year international Club
2010 5 27
2012 9 29
2014 11 29
2016 15 29
2018 6 9

46 123

So only one year it seems to be the case.

I guess the only over point is "come on, its Mousa" has only really applied the last 4(?) years? Its only since then he has defined himself as a midfielder and then excelled. Prior to that he was the man without a position, wasnt he?

But even then Witsel has had more games. Can it really be they just didnt fancy him!?

He looked the fittest I can remember him being last year - other than the beginning of the year was he injured? was hoping that was him over the worst of it.

I would like to think we can set up some sort of deal to keep him here for another year, I will miss him loads if he goes. If he goes to Italy I can see us getting no more than £15M ( think he would rip it up in that league) - but the money from China may be too much to resist.
He had that op. at the start of the year which looked to have done the trick. For the first few months he was definitely in recovery mode but since the turn of the year he was doing 90mins fairly regularly and was in pretty good form IMO. And then he got injured again.

We are not going to get much for him so I'd prefer he stuck around another season too and we transitioned in someone new over the course of the season.

We are not going to get much for him so I'd prefer he stuck around another season too and we transitioned in someone new over the course of the season.

The problem is, say we replaced him with a Kovacic and kept him on, that could seriously damage Winks' career trajectory. We need to replace or keep him, not do both.

It's pretty clear that his legs have gone. For much of that game he was standing, or at best breaking into a jog. More worrying for me was that he started to hide.

He was very poor, think he’s the sort of player who needs a run of games to get up to speed, he looked a bit undercooked to me!
Definitely this. We saw last season how much he improved game-by-game when Poch eased him back in from injury.

If it's true he's made his mind up to go this game won't have enhanced his chances to pick and choose.

Looked far from his best against France.

I think he's shot.

Those type of performances have been becoming more regular of late. I think the hip trouble he's been battling for years has finally caught up with him

If he stays next season we'll be managing him like Ledley near the end (which might not be the worst thing with the emergence of Winks and Onomah).

I hadn't read the line-ups yesterday, was viewing the match from a bit of an odd position (so didn't see the screen very clearly), and didn't hear the commentators at all - and wanted Martinez to bring Dembele on ... when he took him off! I honestly hadn't noticed him at all. So he must've been pretty poor.

He has seemed to struggle since our away match against Juventus imo.

He was absolutely immense in that match, getting around the pitch faster than ever. But then has struggled physically since - wonder if it’s an injury or the hip problems.

Either way, respect for putting his body on the line for us.

He made two defensive contributions that stopped high xG chances being taken, yeah he made a couple of silly fouls and one or two poor passes but it would probably have been 3-0 without him.

Belgium are out because Hazard and de Bruyne “bottled it” against a solid French defensive performance and Martinez doesn’t have a plan b.

Dier has also looked brick in the limited minutes he has had, some players do not get on with a few minutes here and there. Think this is more likely than he is shot after he looked the fittest (possibly ever) last season

Back