• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

You could argue that his mistake cost us the game though, so I can understand the negativity towards the performance based on that.

I thought it was another Dembele master class up until that mistake.

And again I agree

He was starting to boss the game and that error seemed to get to him in one way or another

Started limping at about at 35 mins then slowed down a lot. Would be very sad if he leaves. But there is not place for sentiment :oops:.

I really hope Poch tries to strengthen that position this summer, Winks may turn out to be a top player ( he has all the tools to become one) but the injurys are a problem ( or could be). As for Dembélé well i know that there are a few who will disagree but i think we need to replace him with someone who will be fit and constant, Dembélé does not appear to be able to be that anymore.

I really hope Poch tries to strengthen that position this summer, Winks may turn out to be a top player ( he has all the tools to become one) but the injurys are a problem ( or could be). As for Dembélé well i know that there are a few who will disagree but i think we need to replace him with someone who will be fit and constant, Dembélé does not appear to be able to be that anymore.

I agree, I actually think it's our most pressing concern this summer.

Dembele put in some incredible performances this season but also some absolute stinkers and had his usual injury problems. I'd like us to look at someone who is a bit more reliable fitness wise.

As much as I love Dembele.

One quality addition, as we have Wanyama and Dier as well as Winks to come back.

I would keep Dembele. Only a few months ago he was instrumental pitting in some exceptional performances. He’s almost impossible to replace. Even as a sub or rotating he can be vital for us. @parklane1 you have never rated him, and I understand the concerns, he doesn’t deliver goals or assists. But his ability to open up space and defend are still strong attributes.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I am generally hesitant to build a team/style around such a unique player.

Add into the mix that the player is getting older and has persistent injury concerns (and lay offs) and Im even less keen on the idea.

As good as he is (when he is good, which isnt that reliable) I would be open to changing the CM quite drastically this summer.

I like a ball carrier, I like a ball winner, I also like players who get the ball forward and release it quickly, and can play 30+ games a season.

One quality addition, as we have Wanyama and Dier as well as Winks to come back.

I would keep Dembele. Only a few months ago he was instrumental pitting in some exceptional performances. He’s almost impossible to replace. Even as a sub or rotating he can be vital for us. @parklane1 you have never rated him, and I understand the concerns, he doesn’t deliver goals or assists. But his ability to open up space and defend are still strong attributes.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

It really is not the case of not rating him mate, i have said on here many times he has tremendous ability but so often he fails to deliver on that ability. And its something that he has done since he came here. Add to that he now seems to be even more injury prone then he used to be.

We need a player who can be relied on to perform more often then not and i honestly think Dembélé has failed to do that. But i know there are those who think he is a fantastic player, all about opinions.

I would like us to keep him for at least the remainder of his contract and have Josh Onomah continue his apprenticeship under Dembele. I'd have Josh oppose Mousa in training all year because I think the season on loan will have toughened him up and he can learn from the best. I do base my opinion primarily on the video evidence presented henceforth from his U20 World Cup winning run and some of his highlights this year whilst at Villa. (apologies if this vid has been posted to death)

I would like to see how he performs in pre-season...

Last edited:
I would like us to keep him for at least the remainder of his contract and have Josh Onomah continue his apprenticeship under Dembele. I'd have Josh oppose Mousa in training all year because I think the season on loan will have toughened him up and he can learn from the best. I do base my opinion primarily on the video evidence presented henceforth from his U20 World Cup winning run and some of his highlights this year whilst at Villa. (apologies if this vid has been posted to death)

I would like to see how he performs in pre-season...
Coudn't agree more. Their playing style is about as close as you can get, and in some ways Onomah has learned lessons it took Dembele a while to take on board, about releasing ball forward early. Poch just needs to play him deeper and get into his head regarding aggression, intent and focus. And indeed the most important one regarding belief. I still have faith in the young man.

I think Dembele is on the brink of having an injury plagued season (i.e. playing around ten games max), we should cash in now.

Reason being, he's the kind of player who needs a summer break, which he isn't getting this year and his durability is declining with every season. Good job Winks is getting his ankle sorted early this summer. Any information on whether it was major surgery?

Last edited:
It really is not the case of not rating him mate, i have said on here many times he has tremendous ability but so often he fails to deliver on that ability. And its something that he has done since he came here. Add to that he now seems to be even more injury prone then he used to be.

We need a player who can be relied on to perform more often then not and i honestly think Dembélé has failed to do that. But i know there are those who think he is a fantastic player, all about opinions.

I just don’t understand this. Up until last season he has been one of our key players and even last season he was dominant in games such as Arsenal at home. 2 seasons ago we couldn’t win a game if he didn’t play. Maybe only Gareth Bale has been that influential in recent seasons. Poch calls him a genius - I am sure he is a pretty good judge, his team mates say he is one of the best players at the club.

I agree that he has lost some of his consistency due to injury and age and it is probably the right time to let him go. That said, I am not really sure what more he could have done to show what an important and excellent player he has been for us.

Last edited:
I just don’t understand this. Up until last season he has been one of our key players and even last season he was dominant in games such as Arsenal at home. 2 seasons ago we couldn’t win a game if he didn’t play. Maybe only Gareth Bale has been that influential in recent seasons. Poch calls him a genius - I am sure he is a pretty good judge, his team mates say he is one of the best players at the club.

I agree that he has lost some of his consistency due to injury and age and it is probably the right time to let him go. That said, I am not really sure what more he could have done to show what an important and excellent player he has been for us.

He is too import I think to just replace. There should be transition with player coming in especially if it is someone with not that much prem experience.

Well as we know Stop! Hammer time and i feel he has not delivered as much as his ability should do. Nowhere have i said he is not a very good player but ( imo) i believe he could have been far more then that and again imo he has not delivered that. IF he is as world class as some think/say he is it will be interesting to see the line up of top clubs who come in for him. 30 years of age and his previous clubs are Fulham and now us.

I feel that IF he was as good as some say he would have he would have added a couple more major teams to that list. But as i said Stop! Hammer time.

I also think, mad as it may sound, it could be in our interests to let him go.

He is such a unique player, and yet also so unreliable - and most likely increasingly so.

We should transition away from a dependence on what he offers ASAP, its a more assured move than relying on him and then losing him for a period and having to cope.

If he stays Id like to see him as more of a rotation/second choice with another option brought in to take the lead (over time).

I also think, mad as it may sound, it could be in our interests to let him go.

He is such a unique player, and yet also so unreliable - and most likely increasingly so.

We should transition away from a dependence on what he offers ASAP, its a more assured move than relying on him and then losing him for a period and having to cope.

If he stays Id like to see him as more of a rotation/second choice with another option brought in to take the lead (over time).

Show me the money?

£30 million after the 50% Chinese tax on imported players.
Those numbers don't really make sense do they?

Surely the tax is paid by the buying club not us?

Therefore if a club is paying us £60 million for Dembele then they would need to pay the Chinese government £30 million, making their total package £90 million.

Or if their total package to purchase Demebele is £60 million then it would be £40 million to us and a 50% tax of £20 million to the Chinese government?

Back