• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mourinho - What Next?

You mean third act right? I do so as well but I can't see him going back to Chel53a a third time. Maybe he'll look to reprove himself at United next season.

According the the Jonathan Wilson piece that @Modric THFC linked to in the Chelsea thread, Charlton was against him replacing Ferguson because of his clamy behaviour. I can't see that having changed since.

We should bear in mind that Mourinho's father has been very ill which may partly account for his loss of focus. Wouldn't write the guy off just yet. But would not want him at Spurs because I love the work Poch is doing.

I read about that and Mourinho actually said himself that last year was the year they'd had bad news about his health but this season they'd had nothing but good news about him recovering. I despise Mourinho but to be fair to him he did make it clear that his fathers health had nothing to do with their poor performances.

I don't see why his private life should come into.
Just saying people claiming the morale high ground have to be squeaky clean. As a club Man U are far from that.
after sticking by cantona and his karate kick, and keanes revelation about going out to end a players career smells of hypocrisy.
They went for moyes because it was the cheap option.

Just lol at people saying he might struggle to get another top job, you may not like the guy but he's one of the best coaches around with titles in 4 countries and 2 CL's. People with a CV like that will always get top jobs no matter what baggage may come with them.

Doesn't play the best football but some of his achievements are incredible, all time highest points tally in the PL along with least goals conceded and most clean sheets. Treble with Inter who were pretty poor at that time including beating Barcelona in their pomp over 2 legs. Plus don't forget he beat probably the best Barcelona side of all time to the league title with a record points tally for La Liga (may have been beaten now) and most goals scored in a La Liga season including winning the title at the Nou Camp.

Just lol at people saying he might struggle to get another top job, you may not like the guy but he's one of the best coaches around with titles in 4 countries and 2 CL's. People with a CV like that will always get top jobs no matter what baggage may come with them.

Doesn't play the best football but some of his achievements are incredible, all time highest points tally in the PL along with least goals conceded and most clean sheets. Treble with Inter who were pretty poor at that time including beating Barcelona in their pomp over 2 legs. Plus don't forget he beat probably the best Barcelona side of all time to the league title with a record points tally for La Liga (may have been beaten now) and most goals scored in a La Liga season including winning the title at the Nou Camp.

he gets any job he wants ...

Shh, some, if not a lot of that, doesn't fit in the Joses teams are boring mantra.

I can't see him at Barcelona or Bayern. Both have systems and club cultures that would be a problem. Mourinho and the Bayern hierarchy would have half a dozen feuds going in by the end of the first week. But Real and the big Italian clubs have a habit of rehiring sacked managers.

The Mourinho to United rumours are entertaining. The rumours add to the pressure on LVG, which can't do any harm, but it should be fun hearing all the arguments about United's culture being incompatable, as if Fergie played it clean.. And if he got the job it would revive his old rivalries with Liverpool from Rafa's time. The downside is that I would expect the usual 2-3 years of success before the next meltdown.

While he clearly likes it in England, his legacy could demand he go elsewhere. In Germany it would be hard to find a club to challenge Bayern, but PSG in France would be a good way of notching up the league title in country number five and give him a shot at another CL.

The PSG job won't be available unless Blanc decides to quit. They're currently 19 (!) points clear at the top with 51 points from 19 games (16 wins and 3 draws). They've only lost 1 game all season, 0-1 at Real Madrid.

The PSG job won't be available unless Blanc decides to quit. They're currently 19 (!) points clear at the top with 51 points from 19 games (16 wins and 3 draws). They've only lost 1 game all season, 0-1 at Real Madrid.
..and were the better team in that match actually. Just couldn't stick it in the onion bag.

According the the Jonathan Wilson piece that @Modric THFC linked to in the Chel53a thread, Charlton was against him replacing Ferguson because of his clamy behaviour. I can't see that having changed since.

Remember that was back when United seemed to believe the morality tales about themselves that their fans loved so much.

Wouldn't be surprised if events since have made them a bit more pragmatic... LvG really looked about as good as it could get for them and they still struggle. If they continue to fall away not only from a title challenge, but look at risk of losing out on CL football once again, I could easily see them be a lot more desperate than they were when Ferguson left and they thought their supposed philosophy was enough to see them just continue enjoying the kind of success Ferguson had brought them.

Undoubtedly Pep will be their first choice. But if he wants some time off or chooses to go elsewhere Ancelotti is already taken and not a ton of top class managers around and available. Perhaps Benitez?

The seemingly guaranteed short term success Mourinho brings will start to look really shiny and his clammy behaviour will look quaint and like an acquired taste rather than outright displeasing.

CL really is the only competition they're competing in. If Blanc doesn't put them close-ish to actually winning it I could easily see him replaced if PSG think they can get Mourinho. That kind of opportunity doesn't come around too often.

And honestly. The league title is their pretty much regardless. Is the CL title more likely with Mourinho than with Blanc? If the answer s the decision is pretty easy...

Remember that was back when United seemed to believe the morality tales about themselves that their fans loved so much.

Wouldn't be surprised if events since have made them a bit more pragmatic... LvG really looked about as good as it could get for them and they still struggle. If they continue to fall away not only from a title challenge, but look at risk of losing out on CL football once again, I could easily see them be a lot more desperate than they were when Ferguson left and they thought their supposed philosophy was enough to see them just continue enjoying the kind of success Ferguson had brought them.

Undoubtedly Pep will be their first choice. But if he wants some time off or chooses to go elsewhere Ancelotti is already taken and not a ton of top class managers around and available. Perhaps Benitez?

The seemingly guaranteed short term success Mourinho brings will start to look really shiny and his clammy behaviour will look quaint and like an acquired taste rather than outright displeasing.

I've been thinking about this over the last day or two and have changed my mind. They seem happy enough to put up with LVG's flimflam and boring football. Mourinho offers this but with trophies.

Back