• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mourinho - What Next?

beating swansea, a championship side with a new manager papers over the cracks, reports of how he's lost the dressing room like he did at chelsea are concerning

I foresee the men in the van pulling up to his luxury hotel with the white jacket that does up at the back and carting him off to the loony bin. Soon.

beating swansea, a championship side with a new manager papers over the cracks, reports of how he's lost the dressing room like he did at chelsea are concerning

Exactly this

Slating a lad who has just come back to the game from a broken leg, behave.

Wait till Pogba does nothing against a big side in the next game and Ibra is held up 20 years from goal

And now, apparently, it's the culture at OT that's all wrong; nothing to do with him, he's shocked. Not his fault, see.
Well as the two previous managers have failed spectacularly then it's reasonable to think it goes deeper than just the manager.

Time, as I'm sure Jose knew when he took the job, is not his friend at OT. It's such a fudge up its not going to be turned around quick.

And now, apparently, it's the culture at OT that's all wrong; nothing to do with him, he's shocked. Not his fault, see.
Culture can take a very long time to turn around, even if you do it perfectly.

Generally, the less thinky the people you're dealing with are, the more difficult it is to change that culture. I imagine it's very difficult with footballers.

Culture can take a very long time to turn around, even if you do it perfectly.

Generally, the less thinky the people you're dealing with are, the more difficult it is to change that culture. I imagine it's very difficult with footballers.

If it takes that long to change, then surely Moyes wouldn't have been able to make such a mess after Fergie left. Nobody has forced Mourinho to keep picking Fellaini or play Rashford on the wing. Or continually criticise his players publicly.

If it takes that long to change, then surely Moyes wouldn't have been able to make such a mess after Fergie left. Nobody has forced Mourinho to keep picking Fellaini or play Rashford on the wing. Or continually criticise his players publicly.
Culture goes bad very quickly - building it back up again is a very slow process.

Culture goes bad very quickly - building it back up again is a very slow process.

Yes, I suppose Moyes did make the genius move of sacking Fergie's backroom staff.

I still think Mourinho is making excuses though, he's spent a phuck-ton of money and I'm not aware of him not getting the players that he's asked for. He's got the centre-half, the centre midfielder and the number 9 that he asked for, along with a world-class goalkeeper already in place. So he's built the spine of the team and he also seems to be marginalising their two most exciting attacking players (Rashford and Martial).

Conte appears to be doing a far better job in implementing his ideas.

Yes, I suppose Moyes did make the genius move of sacking Fergie's backroom staff.

I still think Mourinho is making excuses though, he's spent a phuck-ton of money and I'm not aware of him not getting the players that he's asked for. He's got the centre-half, the centre midfielder and the number 9 that he asked for, along with a world-class goalkeeper already in place. So he's built the spine of the team and he also seems to be marginalising their two most exciting attacking players (Rashford and Martial).

Conte appears to be doing a far better job in implementing his ideas.
Agree on a lot of that - part of the price of top players is a level of emotional intelligence that allows them to stay clear of culture issues.

It can rot a business very quickly though.

Who do you think started this at Spurs? Poch obviously took over a mess from Tim, but we seem to have been pretty professional for awhile. Levy?
I think it's Levy.

That consistent, driving force in the background is a very important factor. We have an MD much like Levy (he won't mind me saying that he's nowhere near Levy's level) and it's very difficult to forget your collective purpose with someone like that around.

until mourinho accepts he is at at fault for a loss and not the refs or his players, there's no going forward for him but that won't work against his ego, he is done.

Culture is a thing that can take time to change, but some are good at it. Steve Bruce has already halted the back room poison at Villa and been in the job a short time, I actually think he is going to take them up too

Culture is a thing that can take time to change, but some are good at it. Steve Bruce has already halted the back room poison at Villa and been in the job a short time, I actually think he is going to take them up too

You're using Steve Bruce as an example for building culture? He's about as good for culture as 'arry fackin' Redknapp..

Last edited:
You're using Steve Bruce as an example for building culture? He's about as good for culture as 'arry fackin' Redknapp..

No I am just saying some can change a culture and some can't, Bruce takes clubs surrounded by crap and manages to get them firing despite the stuff going on around them. Not saying he can sustain it but he does it

Mourinho creates a small club feeling in large clubs

Back