1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Mourinho - What Next?

Discussion in 'General Football' started by ShelfLife, 25 Sep 2013.

1. ShelfLife

ShelfLife Peter Taylor

Bless.

Jose Mourinho cried when it emerged that Sir Alex Ferguson had decided to appoint David Moyes as Man United manager, according to a new book in Spain.

El Pais journalist Diego Torres claims in a book called 'Preparense Para Perder' that Mourinho thought he was certain to be offered the job at Man United, and reacted badly when Moyes was appointed instead.

Mourinho, fed by his devoted agent [Jorge Mendes] believed that Ferguson, as well as an ally, was his friend and Godfather. He was convinced that they enjoyed a friendship of genuine trust. He thought that his fabulous collection of titles, two European Cups, seven League Cups and four in four different countries, constituted an endorsement no other candidate had. When he learnt he had chosen Moyes, Mou was incredulous. He screamed: ‘But he’s won nothing!’

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/u...ho-cried-after-missing-out-on-man-united-job/

2. Ganter

Ganter Erik Edman

just goes to show that he is a complete nutcase

can´t wait for his response if we beat them on saturday

3. galeforce

galeforce Tony Galvin

he'll be next surely, maybe Fergie was doing him a favour knowing the next guy was bound to fail

4. mudshark

mudshark Mauricio Taricco

I don't think Moyes's cautious—not to say dour—style suits Man Utd, so I feel they'll be less likely to be patient with him if the results don't start picking up and they are still hovering around 7th or 8th at Christmas. It could work out nicely for us, if Mourinho were to get the nod and jump ship.

5. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

Worked out better for us as it did. United are looking like the ones at risk of dropping out of the top 4 and Chelsea-Mourinho is an even bigger car crash waiting to happen.

6. chancer

chancer Gudni Bergsson

Bollox, don't believe a word of it. Not least because it's highly doubtful anyone other than his wife or (very loyal) agent would be in a position to know Mourinho's reaction and neither of them would be spilling to a hack on a deadline.

7. IulianSteaua

IulianSteaua Radek Cerny

I think "the special one" is going to get a special sacking this year. He is playing unattractive football everywhere he goes, the only thing that is keeping him is results, he ain't gonna get them this year, I think chelski are going to drop from the top 4 this year and moyes is going stay at united.

8. 3DSpur

3DSpur Milenko Acimovic

Give him something else to cry about this weekend. dingdong.

9. Roy1983

Roy1983 Edward Sheringham

Good good.

10. harr1984

harr1984 Steve Carr

As if that's true...

11. ShelfLife

ShelfLife Peter Taylor

There's a high probability that's it nothing but pulp nonsense I grant you, but then he's never exactly come across as the 'dignified silence' type when things don't go his way so I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that others may have witnessed or heard about him chucking his proverbial toys out. It was also something of an open secret that he really wanted the United gig. In the absence of any evidence to the contrary, I'm choosing to believe it :)

12. Mosquito_Coasting

Mosquito_Coasting Naybet

What is it with most managers looking like crazy homeless people when things start going badly? Seen it with Jol, Benitez, Houllier, now Mourinho. Sure there are some others too.

13. milo

milo Vivian Woodward Staff Member

It's a lonely and high pressured job, it is hardly surprising that they crack occasionally.

14. Ganter

Ganter Erik Edman

Maurinho just makes it worse for himself.

IF we win them on saturday, and they don´t win the next 2 games, and maybe lose in Europe again, what on earth will Abromavich do?

15. milo

milo Vivian Woodward Staff Member

He's bought pressure on himself throughout his career. When it turned bad (and I think it is far too early to say whether this is that moment) it was always going to turn really bad. I think him returning to Chelsea was a massive mistake, he was never going to repeat the success of first time and he was never going to be able to provide the attractive football that Abramovich has (evidently) sought over the last few years.

16. chancer

chancer Gudni Bergsson

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply it was bollox to post the story - it's a good story well worth discussion. I just meant I don't believe it.

17. the dza

the dza Christian Ziege

I believe it, as the thought makes me all warm inside.

:)

18. ShelfLife

ShelfLife Peter Taylor

No apology required, I know what you meant and don't necessarily disagree;)

19. metalgear

metalgear Johnny Morrison

maybe his aura has gone and he has just grown too big for his ego or something; in which case he has descended from the "special one" to just one of the mad cap top flight managers, equally vulnerable to the comings and goings based on short term results.

in which case I'd say let him rot with the blue scum and let our uber pro AVB stand up as the shining light of the apprentice who knew better than his master.

20. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Colin Calderwood Staff Member

****er.
    I hope we leave him spitting feathers and screaming blue & white murder on Saturday morning the **** #****youmourinho