• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moses - can he lead us to the promised CL land?

Maltese Falcon

Niko Kranjcar
He's been linked more consistently than some players with threads on this forum.

Yet (probably in hope) no formal posts....

Tottenham's Victor Moses chase steps up as they launch £8m bid
Winger who's spent the last two seasons out on loan is a potential Townsend replacement — if the bad blood between the two clubs doesn't get in the way
4507449.jpg

Moses exiled: The 24-year-old was loaned to Stoke for last season
Tottenham have made an £8million move for Chelsea winger Victor Moses.

Moses, 24, spent last season on loan at Stoke and was farmed out to Liverpool for the one before that, but wants to return to London - where he grew up and began his pro career with Crystal Palace.

It does not look like the Nigeria international has much of a future at Stamford Bridge - but Chelsea may not allow him to go to one of their fiercest London rivals.

There is bad blood between the two clubs, which includes Chelsea luring director of football Frank Arnesen away from White Hart Lane a decade ago and Tottenham refusing to allow Luka Modric to move to Stamford Bridge in 2011 and selling him to Real Madrid the following year instead.

Spurs are looking for a new wide-man.

Massive ugrade on Townsend but still a bit mediocre. Would be OK backup for Lamela I suppose.

Massive ugrade on Townsend but still a bit mediocre. Would be OK backup for Lamela I suppose.

I would tend to agree.... in part ;). I don't think he would be a massive upgrade on Townsend; though not surprised that you would say that - for you and your love in with the player, probably anyone is a massive upgrade to Townsend.

However as a impact substitute he probably can be slightly more effective and if we can get 15mill for Townsend and pay 8mill for Moses, that's 6 mill for a marquee signing???

I remember watching him as a 15 year old (him not me, that would be weird and arrest worthy) and he reminded me of Rooney at the same age. Not quite gone the same way.

I would tend to agree.... in part ;). I don't think he would be a massive upgrade on Townsend; though not surprised that you would say that - for you and your love in with the player, probably anyone is a massive upgrade to Townsend.

However as a impact substitute he probably can be slightly more effective and if we can get 15mill for Townsend and pay 8mill for Moses, that's 6 mill for a marquee signing???
I don't dislike the kid, I just think he's an awful footballer.

You're right though, upgrade the backup, get a few £m in the bank - doesn't really matter if he's about the same level or not much better.

I don't dislike the kid, I just think he's an awful footballer.

You're right though, upgrade the backup, get a few £m in the bank - doesn't really matter if he's about the same level or not much better.

How about upgrading the starting 11 instead because I do not think it is good enough to effectively challenge for the top 4. I would rather have someone like Pritchard be giving a go as backup and instead buy a player that looks a game changer or at the very least looks like he has the potential to be a game charger in the next year or two

Can I have both please?

Mirallas in; Lennon + 3 mill out

Moses in (+ 7 mill profit); Townsend out

Looks good to me... improvement in personnel and 4 mill in the bank

not sure we need two extra wide men - Pritchard + Chadli for the left and Lamela + one other for the right

How about upgrading the starting 11 instead because I do not think it is good enough to effectively challenge for the top 4.

I guess because the Poch has decided to give Lamela one more season...

I would rather have someone like Pritchard be giving a go as backup and instead buy a player that looks a game changer or at the very least looks like he has the potential to be a game charger in the next year or two

Pritchard is a backup but probably to Eriksen, not Lamela.

not sure we need two extra wide men - Pritchard + Chadli for the left and Lamela + one other for the right

I think that the Chadli - Eriksen - Lamela trident will be given another year.

That would make Mirallas - Pritchard - Moses as the direct understudies, each with different attributes.

No to Moses, thank you.

As I said in the Townsend thread, there is no point buying in mere squad players.

We have great prospects who are ready to step up, like Alex Pritchard, Nathan Oduwa and Josh Onomah. So if we must buy, let's only buy players of the highest quality - or at least the highest potential. Moses qualifies on neither count.

We've surely, by now, learnt the lesson of clogging up our squad with samey, good-but-not-good-enough players?

I do not think anyone believes Moses is the finished articule but he is a lot better then Townsend, as for bringing the kids in we can still do that.

There's a rumour going around that apparently indicates that Poch wanted Moses while he was at Soton as well. If true, there could be legs in this one.

At this point, I don't care, really. It's pretty clear that we're looking for a striker who can also play out wide: Moses fits the bill,along with being young, hard-working, a good sort of chap (presumably) and versatile. If we want to go for him over other options (Yarmolenko, Werner et al), then fine by me. It is, after all, a backup we're looking for, not a starter.

The DM position however....we need quality there. Major quality. Not Stamboulis. Not half-rate bargain bins. Quality.

Back