• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

more protection from refs - AVB

metalgear

Nayim
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/190956.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

"You have to protect the unpredictability, passion and emotion of the British game but you have to be aware that, if people go over the top, players like Gareth could get an injury that takes him out for six months.

I showed the referee my disappointment. I'm extremely disappointed with that incident.

"Obviously pushing and shoving and duels are in the nature of the game but sometimes it gets over the top.

"And there's such a discrepancy of refereeing styles. Credit to them because they bring passion to this league by letting the game go on but sometimes it's just over the top."

well put...glad to see OUR manager making a stand with good arguments.

Well said AVB - how Tettey didn't get a red last night I don't know. Did he do anything but kick or try to kick our players. Disgraceful. Actually Hughton has turned Norwich into a disgrace, a really, horrible team they are now. I'd hope they go down, but I've got too many other candidates. But if they do go, the Prem is well shot of them.

They were dirty well before Hughton took over. Do people not remember the game at Carrow Road last season? Holt elbowed Ekotto and got nothing for it. One of their players hauled Gallas down in the box, again nothing.

i didn't think the attempted foul last night was that bad really, i'm more concerned about the type like that leeds lad on sunday

last nights was just cynical, the leeds lad tried to hurt him

They were dirty well before Hughton took over. Do people not remember the game at Carrow Road last season? Holt elbowed Ekotto and got nothing for it. One of their players hauled Gallas down in the box, again nothing.

Fair comment, I probably missed that. Anyway they're a disgrace to football now, and if they get relegated, I will love it.
To think, they used to be a decent club.

This is the kind of statements that the Ferguson's, Wenger's and Mourinho's of this world put out. I'm glad AVB has followed suit. It's a good ploy and rightly or wrongly, puts that little bit of extra pressure on refs during our games to get decisions right.

Sir Alex is the master of it. The wily old fox :)

Nice to hear him speaking out. BTW, that fat **** Holt needs sorting out. What a bunch of cloggers!

Nice to hear him speaking out. BTW, that fat **** Holt needs sorting out. What a bunch of cloggers!

Infinitely better than 'well, y'know, referees make mistakes, he's had a good game otherwise, no complaints, bad luck, sometimes happens, works for everyone, not just us', etcetera, etcetera. The words of a man desperate to avoid offending the FA, in preparation for the England job, to the detriment of his club.

Glad AVB spoke out. And yes, Norwich were surprisingly physical.

I'm glad AVB is speaking out about this kind of thing, but I'm surprised by his choice of situation to do so.

The Tettey tackle didn't look that bad to me, I was even thinking that if we had been up against a better side he would have made sure to take him down there.

The tackle by their left back where he took him out, or the tackle by that Leeds right back were both worse for me.

Did anyone else spot the reaction of the players on Wednesday evening to Holtby's yellow card? It was good to see the togetherness and the team spirit that obviously exists within the club.

Back