• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric?

with mourinho leaving, it will depend largely on the real's new manager - any clues as to who that would be? high profile managers seems to be THE talking point this transfer window.

one things for sure, Modric still doesn't chip in enough goals.
he gets all aspects of possession and passes right, but so do we right now, and what we need is a game changing pass that would split defences.

i haven't seen enough of modric doing this with us, or at Real (haven't watched him much lately).

Last edited:
This thread is great timing.
I usually listed to the bbc 5Live Monday Night Club as a podcast at work or at home on the IPlayer, if I haven't been able to listen to it Liva at the time on the radio.

Near the end of the most recent one on Monday, Ian McGarry after making quite a few little revelations about Wenger's purchase of Cazorla (he received a phone call from a journo in Spain who told him "Malaga had a tax bill to pay very soona nd that if you offer 16M Euros today he's yours"), the possible purchase of Isco by Chelsea with a similar tax payment by Roman so that had first dibs (if he goes to another club Chelski get their money back plus 1M Euros - mind boggles..), the likely purchase of Falcao AND Isco by Pellegrini at City he then left a potentially big tidbit:

He said that apparently Modric has NOT settled well in Madrid at all and that apparently his family still live near our training ground in Essex. He said the payment deal for Modric was payments by installments and he thought Modric may come back to Spurs THIS summer.

You can listen until next 7pm next Monday on BBC iPlayer here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01sj1mn/5_live_Sport_The_Monday_Night_Club_20_05_2013/
You can also download the podcast from here until probably next Sunday: http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/fivelive/5lfd/5lfd_20130520-2216a.mp3

Very intersting...

Who is Ian McGarry? I don't listen to the BBC podcast, is he somewhat reliable?

It just seems so unlikely to me that they will sell him, he will agree to come back and that no bigger club will get involved.

It just seems so unlikely to me that they will sell him, he will agree to come back and that no bigger club will get involved.

With our 'special relationship' with Real. I wonder if we put in a first refusal clause when we transferred him to Madrid, just in case there was a chance he might want to return to England?

Would love him back if I am honest with you.

Does anyone know what he thinks of us as a club? I've never really heard him talk about us or about his time here. Then again, I haven't heard Berba or Carrick say anything neither.

I'd take him back in a heartbeat. Berba too. Yes I'm a slag.

His stock has fallen pretty dramatically this past year and I can't see him having a long list of suitors. As good a player as he looked at Spurs, the move has shown up his limitations somewhat, and to be perfectly honest he doesn't look good enough for Madrid. I've watched him closely this year and for say 2/3rds of the season he's been pants, and even in his 'good' games he wasn't that spectacular.

He came into his own in the second half of the season, especially in the game at Old Trafford, changed the game completely and dragged Real Madrid through the tie. Since that game he has looked brilliant. They sort of played him further up the pitch in his early days and that just isn't his game, they started playing him a little deeper and he was looking good. I think if Alonso goes in the summer (which is likely), I think Modric might stay as I do think he'd be a key player in replacing Alonso.

I'd love him back though.

He came into his own in the second half of the season, especially in the game at Old Trafford, changed the game completely and dragged Real Madrid through the tie. Since that game he has looked brilliant. They sort of played him further up the pitch in his early days and that just isn't his game, they started playing him a little deeper and he was looking good. I think if Alonso goes in the summer (which is likely), I think Modric might stay as I do think he'd be a key player in replacing Alonso.

Exactly, for some unknown reason Jose played him as attacking midfielder (Ozil role) for the first half of the season, as 90% of spurs fans know that's not his position, then after christmas he's been played deeper in his "actual" position and surprise surprise he's looked quality again.

Jose went massively down in my estimation due to this. It's like he fell in to the trap that journalists and opposing fans (unfortunately some of our own as well) think of Modric, like he's some sort of Silva clone, he's completely different, he can do a job further forward, but he's a ball playing CM, Xavi light.

He has not been that good really even in his 'good spell'. In comparison to his earlier form, yes, he has improved significantly but he certainly is not of the required level for Madrid. I know this sounds a little like sour grapes but it is a widely held opinion.
My brother is is married to a Madrid woman and her brothers are footie nuts. They'd be shot of him in a minute given the choice. They see his performance levels even when good as being the bare minimum for a RM CM and certainly not good enough to drive a team to a league title. I think our love (?) of the little guy makes us exaggerate his contribution on the pitch sometimes. I would not be surprised in the least to see him moved on.

Edit: Back to Spurs[-o<

He most certainly did.

with mourinho leaving, it will depend largely on the real's new manager - any clues as to who that would be? high profile managers seems to be THE talking point this transfer window.

one things for sure, Modric still doesn't chip in enough goals.
he gets all aspects of possession and passes right, but so do we right now, and what we need is a game changing pass that would split defences.

i haven't seen enough of modric doing this with us, or at Real (haven't watched him much lately).

It will be Carlo Ancelotti.
Ancelotti loves Modric.

Not reliable in the slightest.
He always tries to call these thing and gets them wrong.

From his twitter
“RVP will complete his move to #MCFC within two weeks. Fee of around £22m. £225k contract agreed.”

“Inter and #MUFC have reportedly agreed a fee of £33m for Wesley Sneijder. Player’s representatives negotiating personal terms.”

“Fabregas’ miserable year continues. Out injured for game v #MUFC and little chance of a move to #FCB in summer.”

He wrote a book with Frank Lampard and he called AVB “borderline Aspergers”.

Back