• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modern Ticketing..

7percent

Pascal Chimbonda
This is slightly brought on by our new stadium.

It just seems to me that owning a 'seat' is outdated in this day and age, in a world of apps and algorithms things can be more fluid. You would still have a season ticket, guaranteeing you entrance to each game, but you could change position from game to game.

So post match, you fire up the app and it asks you:

1) Rate the people around you - this would be anonymous, but there'd be a little map of all the seats immediately next to you, in front and behind. And if you like them you make them green and if they annoyed you you make them red. When the algorithm shuffles the stadium for the next game you'd be kept apart from people you'd flagged.

2) Rate the atmosphere - Basically would you like it louder or quieter - I envision for a few games you'd be moved a couple of blocks left or right until the algorithm has settled on a nice medium.

3) Add your mates - Add anyone you've met you'd like to sit near again in the future and the algorithm will try and shuffle you together. If your brother and your nephew are in the posh seats you can apply for a one game transfer next to them for an additional £12.50 or whatever.

I'm pretty sure all the technology is available to do this right now, and the way things are going people are going to be using mobile devices more and more to gain entry. You may have to wait 'til 1 week, or a few days beforehand for your app to update with your actual seat, and people who aren't comfortable with phones may need to just use a paper ticket and stay in the same place.

I don't know? It seems simple enough to implement, should add to the atmosphere, should build up a sense of community, should keep groups of mates/family in the same areas... is it a good idea?

This is slightly brought on by our new stadium.

It just seems to me that owning a 'seat' is outdated in this day and age, in a world of apps and algorithms things can be more fluid. You would still have a season ticket, guaranteeing you entrance to each game, but you could change position from game to game.

So post match, you fire up the app and it asks you:

1) Rate the people around you - this would be anonymous, but there'd be a little map of all the seats immediately next to you, in front and behind. And if you like them you make them green and if they annoyed you you make them red. When the algorithm shuffles the stadium for the next game you'd be kept apart from people you'd flagged.

2) Rate the atmosphere - Basically would you like it louder or quieter - I envision for a few games you'd be moved a couple of blocks left or right until the algorithm has settled on a nice medium.

3) Add your mates - Add anyone you've met you'd like to sit near again in the future and the algorithm will try and shuffle you together. If your brother and your nephew are in the posh seats you can apply for a one game transfer next to them for an additional £12.50 or whatever.

I'm pretty sure all the technology is available to do this right now, and the way things are going people are going to be using mobile devices more and more to gain entry. You may have to wait 'til 1 week, or a few days beforehand for your app to update with your actual seat, and people who aren't comfortable with phones may need to just use a paper ticket and stay in the same place.

I don't know? It seems simple enough to implement, should add to the atmosphere, should build up a sense of community, should keep groups of mates/family in the same areas... is it a good idea?

From the recent survey I believe the club are looking to use tec to improve the match experience, order drinks in advance, map to best exit etc. for a general sale area I think the idea about having preferences for the type of atmosphere you like and sitting people who know / like each other is beneficial. What I already miss is the familiarity my ST gave me at WHL, I can see people I used to sit near but we have been thinned out in the same area of the stadium. I even miss the people who annoyed me!! There seems to be more fluidity for the seats around me and selfishly I'd rather 'lock on' to my preferred area and have more consistency around me. Little bits like knowing where your seat is and the nearest toilet is is quite useful after a few beers too! An anonymous rating of surrounding seats sounds like a good idea, but would give rise to someone being ousted form their preferred area just for not agreeing with a group that sits around them.
With the wider availability of tickets and the potential added pain of travel especially on Sky nominated kick offs I can definitely see people looking to cherry pick Saturday 3pms without needing the commitment of a ST - the ability to guarantee sitting with different mates would definitely encourage me to consider that model and pay a small premium on a game by game basis to do so.

selfishly I'd rather 'lock on' to my preferred area and have more consistency around me. Little bits like knowing where your seat is and the nearest toilet is is quite useful after a few beers too!

I don't know, I feel if you were put in block 44 instead of 46 you'd still have an idea of your way around. You'd have just been moved around the stadium a bit.

An anonymous rating of surrounding seats sounds like a good idea, but would give rise to someone being ousted form their preferred area just for not agreeing with a group that sits around them.

I don't get to games too often, never been a season ticket holder, but one game I remember getting a last minute ticket through the ticket exchange, lovely view on the half-way line. Great seats.

The bloke behind me was yelling 'Strike it!! Strike it!! and if I had a season ticket it would have begun a spiral of depression. I can still hear his voice now, 'Strike it!!!' whenever we got the ball. We were on the halfway line for christ's sake. Anyhow, if there was an app where I could tell spurs I absolutely do not want to sit near the guy sat immediately behind me I'd be far more likely to invest in something like a season ticket.

I think if this model was trialled, it may have big moves for the first few games but then it will settle down as the regulars form little bands. Groups like the 1882 movement for example would have their own little niche. You'd see the same faces as usual for the most part, but the annoying guy might be 10 rows away instead of literally shouting in your ear the whole time.

I don't know, I feel if you were put in block 44 instead of 46 you'd still have an idea of your way around. You'd have just been moved around the stadium a bit.

I don't get to games too often, never been a season ticket holder, but one game I remember getting a last minute ticket through the ticket exchange, lovely view on the half-way line. Great seats.

The bloke behind me was yelling 'Strike it!! Strike it!! and if I had a season ticket it would have begun a spiral of depression. I can still hear his voice now, 'Strike it!!!' whenever we got the ball. We were on the halfway line for christ's sake. Anyhow, if there was an app where I could tell spurs I absolutely do not want to sit near the guy sat immediately behind me I'd be far more likely to invest in something like a season ticket.

I think if this model was trialled, it may have big moves for the first few games but then it will settle down as the regulars form little bands. Groups like the 1882 movement for example would have their own little niche. You'd see the same faces as usual for the most part, but the annoying guy might be 10 rows away instead of literally shouting in your ear the whole time.

This is why I think you might be onto something, fluidity for those who would like the variety and feel like there experience will be optimized each time they visit : feedback to the app but a more rigid structure for people like me (who'd like to influence the initial surrounding but prefer consistency. I'd maybe like any move based on feedback annually rather than every game.

I was speaking to someone today and he mentioned how the IT side of this development is completely ahead of anything else stadium wise currently going on and for an idea like yours to work a new development would be the place to start. Give Daniel a bell!!

Or you could bring back terracing.

A. You chose where you wanted to stand (i.e. with your mates).
B. If anything was tinkling you off you could move.
C. People turned up early to get their preferred spot, thus avoiding the chaos that now prevails 5 minutes before kick-off.

Rose tinted spectacles I know but worked for me. Not sure I want to become part of the STH's version of Tinder.

Bumping this thread (and my awesome idea) because of all the chatter about tickets in the new stadium thread.

I honestly think a system like this would solve a lot of problems, including sitting near your mates and family etc.

I think it’s a great idea [emoji362] just move it to the Spurs thread and you’ll make a killing.

Could develop it yourself. Wouldn’t be too hard. Not sure how people would react to being moved about, or how you deal with pricing zones. But you could have a lock [emoji357] feature where you anchor your seat so you don’t move.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I like it. For people like me who can't go more than once or twice a year, it would be handy to be able to choose a seat with good atmosphere, and then this algorithm would give me the best options. It could be a great way to create kid friendly zones too, for instance. You should suggest it to the club!

Back