• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Missing football

You haven't. It was an utterly brick world cup. I can't help but remember it fondly because Ireland got to the quarters but the football was eye-gougingly bad. Give me Mexico 86 any day.

I was there. Working. Fcukin' amazing World Cup. Happy times covering games from my earthquake-proof hotel base on Londres in the Zona Rosa in Mexico City. What a city.

Brazil-France penalty shootout at Guadalajara's Jalisco stadium. France win and Brazilian fans are sobbing their eyes out, chucking handfuls of money everywhere around them. They're going home, so no need for Mexican currency.

Denmark and Scotland in the same group and absolutely epic scenes of song and cheer amongst the rival fans. Rivals in drinking and singing. "RED & WHITE. RED & WHITE. WE ARE DANISH DYNAMITE!" would drown out the O' Flower of Scotland lyrics. Briefly.

And plucky Canada. At it's first and only World Cup. Giving France, the Soviet Union and Hungary terrific battles. Seeing Maradona in action firsthand from the photo positions on the sidelines. I was to Shilton's left for the Hand of GHod goal. Bitch all you want about it but he clearly showed his jaw dropping ability to dribble past an opponent later in the game. To say nothing of Brazil's Socrates and the elegant, gliding runs he'd make from midfield. Brazil in the '80s. Pure eye candy.

And an absolute epic final with Argentina squeaking out a 3-2 win over the Germans at the immense Estadio Azteca. Among the greatest days of my life.

There is no way this football season is finishing, no chance, at least in the form we know.

I think it will. League matches late May and June - two games per week - possibly in to July.

CL and EL played at a neutral venue, one-off games over a fortnight in July.

Close season and transfer window: second half of July and August, maybe into Sept

Next season starts in September. Big teams field second 11s in the league cup or pass on it altogether so that the games can be scheduled the same weeks as CL and EL. Probably the same with FAC. Next season finishes around the same time as usual and in time for Euro 21!

I was there. Working. Fcukin' amazing World Cup. Happy times covering games from my earthquake-proof hotel base on Londres in the Zona Rosa in Mexico City. What a city.

Brazil-France penalty shootout at Guadalajara's Jalisco stadium. France win and Brazilian fans are sobbing their eyes out, chucking handfuls of money everywhere around them. They're going home, so no need for Mexican currency.

Denmark and Scotland in the same group and absolutely epic scenes of song and cheer amongst the rival fans. Rivals in drinking and singing. "RED & WHITE. RED & WHITE. WE ARE DANISH DYNAMITE!" would drown out the O' Flower of Scotland lyrics. Briefly.

And plucky Canada. At it's first and only World Cup. Giving France, the Soviet Union and Hungary terrific battles. Seeing Maradona in action firsthand from the photo positions on the sidelines. I was to Shilton's left for the Hand of GHod goal. Bitch all you want about it but he clearly showed his jaw dropping ability to dribble past an opponent later in the game. To say nothing of Brazil's Socrates and the elegant, gliding runs he'd make from midfield. Brazil in the '80s. Pure eye candy.

And an absolute epic final with Argentina squeaking out a 3-2 win over the Germans at the immense Estadio Azteca. Among the greatest days of my life.

That's brilliant mate. I was 6 at the time. I do remember it but some of the memories are a bit sketchy. They were different days when you really only saw players from outside of England once every 2-4 years. They were like people from a different planet. I remember my uncles talking about Brazil as if they were superhuman. Junior, Socrates, Zico and my own all-time favourite Careca. And then Josimar. Their reserve right back who could score from 35 yards. I bawled my eyes out when France knocked them out. I was inconsolable.

Soviet Union v Belgium - amazing game. Maradona was on another planet. The final was tremendous. Just an all round great World Cup where I absolutely fell in love with football.

It must have been incredible to have been there. Amazing memories for you.

I think it will finish, but May feels very optimistic - even Trump is now saying this could roll on to August.

I think it will. League matches late May and June - two games per week - possibly in to July.

CL and EL played at a neutral venue, one-off games over a fortnight in July.

Close season and transfer window: second half of July and August, maybe into Sept

Next season starts in September. Big teams field second 11s in the league cup or pass on it altogether so that the games can be scheduled the same weeks as CL and EL. Probably the same with FAC. Next season finishes around the same time as usual and in time for Euro 21!

You think? The UKs new version of how to deal with this is to suffocate the virus meaning we lock down till its gone, then you hope it don't come back. We are not having football in May or June, no chance. It took China 5 months to get where they are now and they are not out of this.

secret ITK - didn't know where to post it. Spurs are shutting down operations at the lodge. Catering staff put on unpaid leave. No news on when it reopens.

The first team squad are lucky they're not on unpaid leave...

I was thinking the same, those under-performing prats should be footing the bill for all club staff during this time.

Imagine their end of year reviews if the season stopped now? Out on their arse's, the lot of them.

It would be poor bordering on immoral if the catering staff are on unpaid leave though and the squad are earning hundreds of thousands a week. All the talk you normally hear about how important everyone is and how some players will treat the support staff like anyone else. Maybe now is the time to prove it...

Back