• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mediocre player appreciation

Imagine if you could combine Steed's tackle with Chadli's application

c7d1ee51a6d2fc5159a400d33f10d4b4.jpg

anyone who saw spurs in the 90's could list entire team sheets but I'll go with a few that haven't been mentioned here, Paul Mahorn, he actually deserves to be a in a crap player thread, Paolo Tramezzani, (the original carlos kickball) and Rory Allen who got so bored playing for us, he retired to join the barmy army in australia (thats a non-paid gig)

anyone who saw spurs in the 90's could list entire team sheets but I'll go with a few that haven't been mentioned here, Paul Mahorn, he actually deserves to be a in a crap player thread, Paolo Tramezzani, (the original carlos kickball) and Rory Allen who got so bored playing for us, he retired to join the barmy army in australia (thats a non-paid gig)

I can only remember seeing Paul Mahorn play for Spurs one one occasion and he honestly looked like he couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo. He eventually played for 9 different clubs and was at spurs for 6 years in total. He made a total of 3 appearances for Spurs and a grand total of 15 first team appearances across 9 clubs averaging approx 1.5 first team appearances per club, he is by far the definition of mediocrity.

How did a few words about Ghaly transform into a multi-page thread about less-celebrated Spurs players ?!:rolleyes:

How did a few words about Ghaly transform into a multi-page thread about less-celebrated Spurs players ?!:rolleyes:

The sole reason message boards exist online in the first place - people are tired of their office job and need a place to go to procrastinate. ;)

Parker that year he won player of the year. How bad must all the Premier League stars have been that season. He really didn't have much to offer other than willingness to run around tackling.

Agreed; I was shocked when he was sold in Summer 2008 and i've always wondered why.
At that time we had so many skilful midfield and attacking players but to my mind he was the only one left in the squad before Redknapp bought Palacios who could do the 'dirty' work in CM. Strange sale at the time imo
I don't think Tainio was a mediocre player, though. I thought he was a very decent allround player. Could do a job both centrally and out wide, did the defensive job well, but could also play and pass the ball well. I seem to remember we normally played better when he was in the team at that time. For me he was underrated, but sadly injury prone.

Me too, until that 1 game where someone ran away from him and he looked like a snail! Do you remember that?

Was against Palace, wasn't it? I remember it as well. Ultimately wasn't good enough, but decent squad player at the time, I thought, and he did have skill on the ball.

Me too, until that 1 game where someone ran away from him and he looked like a snail! Do you remember that?

If that's enough to be the death knell of someone's Spurs career then N'dombele's must have died and come back to live about 18 times already (5 times just in that Wolves game). There was me thinking Easter was cancelled....

I quite liked Lewis Holtby and Benji Stambouli.

Ahh Holtby, I remember being hugely excited that we'd got the Germany U21 captain for a couple of mil while Liverpool had splooged 25m or so on the English U21 captain, @scaramanga 's all time favourite Hendo Mcgee. Was rubbing it in the scousers' faces as I lived there at the time. In hindsight, it's fair to say I was wrong on that one although maybe Scara can present some kind of argument to say otherwise.

If that's enough to be the death knell of someone's Spurs career then N'dombele's must have died and come back to live about 18 times already (5 times just in that Wolves game). There was me thinking Easter was cancelled....

Ahh Holtby, I remember being hugely excited that we'd got the Germany U21 captain for a couple of mil while Liverpool had splooged 25m or so on the English U21 captain, @scaramanga 's all time favourite Hendo Mcgee. Was rubbing it in the scousers' faces as I lived there at the time. In hindsight, it's fair to say I was wrong on that one although maybe Scara can present some kind of argument to say otherwise.
Yep, Henderson's dogbrick.

Back