• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I vote for you to manage spurs then. Because then players wouldn’t need any coaching as you’d buy the right ones.
At the level we aim, self-motivation should be a minimum. Do you think that Vincent Kompany needs silly away days to be at his best? How about Ronaldo? Bale?

If players aren't at their best because they didn't go on silly away days, that's not he fault of the management.

At the level we aim, self-motivation should be a minimum. Do you think that Vincent Kompany needs silly away days to be at his best? How about Ronaldo? Bale?

If players aren't at their best because they didn't go on silly away days, that's not he fault of the management.
I’ll ask Kompany at the next firewalk we do together.

If they and the business don't need motivation, empowerment and direction setting then the work must rudimentary.

I think you're trying to talk to someone who is revealing themselves to be a poor imitation of a proper human being and with limited understanding of the complexities required in dealing with them.
Perhaps it is just used to speaking and not listening or understanding, all the while deluding itself that it has some superiority which justifies that approach.

Reactions: DTA
Well he did what I was afraid he would do, leave Moura on the bench and start with Kane. That was never going to work. These guys get paid millions of pounds, yet make elementary errors such as these. I cant fathom it.

Well he did what I was afraid he would do, leave Moura on the bench and start with Kane. That was never going to work. These guys get paid millions of pounds, yet make elementary errors such as these. I cant fathom it.
Yet he is still, in my opinion, the third best manager we’ve had after Sir Bill and Burkinshaw.

I would have played Kane and Moura and kept Son on the bench. But Poch said that whatever he did, if we lost, he’d be slated. As he is being, by some. Kane is so good, and must have proved his fitness these past three weeks. And he didn’t get great service. Many times we faffed around and delayed a cross or through ball.

I still think Moura should have got the nod ahead of Son.

It's complicated. Not starting Kane could lead to other kind of issues.

But I wanted moura to start, in place of alli

Sent from my SM-G975F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

What issues do you think not starting Kane would have had in your opinion?

I think Kane unforunately put in pretty much the exact performance he puts in every time he comes back (perhaps prematurely) from these ankle injuries.

We need to find a way of going deep in domestic cups, especially if the squad is reinforced in the summer.

It's a 3-fold gain. The players have a chance of winning some silverware, it builds a bond for the team, and it gives the players more big game experience for when games like last night come around again.

I know Poch prioritises the league and CL but we have to win something and then hopefully build on that. The other teams in the top 6 all nick trophies even when they have bad seasons. The difference is we don’t. I’d be ecstatic if we won the Carabao cup tbh let alone the title or the CL.

If they and the business don't need motivation, empowerment and direction setting then the work must rudimentary.
The latter two, of course.

But I've never had to motivate a good member of staff, they've always been motivated by wanting to be the best they can.

I think you're trying to talk to someone who is revealing themselves to be a poor imitation of a proper human being and with limited understanding of the complexities required in dealing with them.
Perhaps it is just used to speaking and not listening or understanding, all the while deluding itself that it has some superiority which justifies that approach.
Of course I have superiority - life would be fudging awful without it.

Doesn't everyone consider themselves better than everyone else?

Yet he is still, in my opinion, the third best manager we’ve had after Sir Bill and Burkinshaw.

I would have played Kane and Moura and kept Son on the bench. But Poch said that whatever he did, if we lost, he’d be slated. As he is being, by some. Kane is so good, and must have proved his fitness these past three weeks. And he didn’t get great service. Many times we faffed around and delayed a cross or through ball.

I still think Moura should have got the nod ahead of Son.

Poch shouldn’t be slated. He picked his best eleven. There is a strong argument that Moura should have started but I can see why he didn’t.

I ridiculed the idea of Alli being dropped yesterday because I was certain he’d deliver. In hindsight, based on performance, he’s the one I’d have dropped for Moura.

Poch also put Winks in which was a massive risk and he was our best player after Rose.

brick happens. No blame on the manager for me.

If he spent a single second of his available time with the squad on anything other than preparing for the final then he wasted that time. By his own admissions he did that.

Funnily enough, what Poch has done in the lead up to the CL final sounds very similar to what Clive Woodward did with the England rugby side in the lead up to winning the World Cup. I have heard from players on how beneficial they found it.

Funnily enough, what Poch has done in the lead up to the CL final sounds very similar to what Clive Woodward did with the England rugby side in the lead up to winning the World Cup. I have heard from players on how beneficial they found it.
Doesn't appear to have worked for us.

But all that woo brick is a synthetic imitation of actual motivation and empowerment. It’s essentially management trying to cheat. Working in Scara’s 19th century textile mill would be as bad as working in a happy-clappy cult like MoPo’s which seems to aim for half way between Rajneeshpuram and Wernham Hogg, but there are plenty of kind, pragmatic alternatives to both.

Last edited:
Back