• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Or, maybe you do?
I knew what people would think. He is outstanding manger but in my opinion ' and I don't have to make money from it' he is always late in interfering. Every time we played long ball yesterday, we were able to make things looks better but he insisted to 'or let the players' play ball side to side trying to put our FBs in position to make a cross. And it didn't work.

I knew what people would think. He is outstanding manger but in my opinion ' and I don't have to make money from it' he is always late in interfering. Every time we played long ball yesterday, we were able to make things looks better but he insisted to 'or let the players' play ball side to side trying to put our FBs in position to make a cross. And it didn't work.
Well, considering we were playing with Llorente who should do well from crosses, and that it was the first PL game where we started as such, I think you can see why that was thought to be a decent plan. And Llorente did have at least two very good opportunities from crosses and had he even played to an average level, he would surely have scored one.

Anyone in the GG Black Ops department put a tracker (man in a tree?) on Poch last night to see how well - or how long - Rendezvous Rabiot went?

Anyone in the GG Black Ops department put a tracker (man in a tree?) on Poch last night to see how well - or how long - Rendezvous Rabiot went?
Yeah, now you've gone and done it. Talking about the GG Black Ops department on the public forum instead of on the super secret dark web Black Ops forum where it belongs. And the mods are soundly sleeping letting this stay up for hours.

I think Poch is better at this than many give credit for.

For example, I’ve criticized him for making subs too late and I do think that criticism is still valid although I understand his reluctance to make early subs. But I do think that sometimes as fans we think that’s the only way to change games and I think Poch has shown over the last two games particularly that he has the ability to change a game without making subs.

Pochs not perfect but I think he’s better in this area than some fans, me included, have given him credit for.

I think Poch is better at this than many give credit for.

For example, I’ve criticized him for making subs too late and I do think that criticism is still valid although I understand his reluctance to make early subs. But I do think that sometimes as fans we think that’s the only way to change games and I think Poch has shown over the last two games particularly that he has the ability to change a game without making subs.

Pochs not perfect but I think he’s better in this area than some fans, me included, have given him credit for.

I could not agree more! One of the most persistent myths in football is that you _have_ to make a substitute at the 60-minute mark if he is to have a chance to influence the game. And that tactical changes can only be made during breaks/half-time.
It is true that complex changes would be easier to make at half time if needed, as you have a whopping 15 minutes to do it, but as anyone who has either played at a reasonably sufficient level (or just read the players biographies) know, dressing rooms at half time can be just as chaotic as on the pitch. Adrenaline, nerves, anger/jubilation, etc.
Most will make small, pre-trained changes even here.

What Pochettino has shown on several occations is the level of preparation and analysis they do. Recently vs. Manchester United, Ole Gunnar Solskjær was hailed for making the "masterstroke" of changing his midfield to a diamond, and thus causing us problems in the first half. Pochettino reacted to this, and we bowled them over completely in the second half, and David DeGea alone prevented a thumping. Solskjær had nothing to counter this with, apart from "riding it out". In Pochettinos match preparations, he has a plan A, and a plan B. But he also has a "If x, then y" for more or less any change of style the opponent makes, and that he is able to get this across to the players on the pitch without having to make a substitution. This is match preparedness on a very high level, and really separates the decent managers from the great ones.

On a side note, I remember one of Hoddles major critics stating that this was his problem. He had this idea also, but was unable to communicate it to the players. Either because he lacked the communication skills, the visual aids/technology, or just the players were to much dunderheads to understand it. I guess he was just ahead of his time with his ideas. :)

I could not agree more! One of the most persistent myths in football is that you _have_ to make a substitute at the 60-minute mark if he is to have a chance to influence the game. And that tactical changes can only be made during breaks/half-time.
It is true that complex changes would be easier to make at half time if needed, as you have a whopping 15 minutes to do it, but as anyone who has either played at a reasonably sufficient level (or just read the players biographies) know, dressing rooms at half time can be just as chaotic as on the pitch. Adrenaline, nerves, anger/jubilation, etc.
Most will make small, pre-trained changes even here.

What Pochettino has shown on several occations is the level of preparation and analysis they do. Recently vs. Manchester United, Ole Gunnar Solskjær was hailed for making the "masterstroke" of changing his midfield to a diamond, and thus causing us problems in the first half. Pochettino reacted to this, and we bowled them over completely in the second half, and David DeGea alone prevented a thumping. Solskjær had nothing to counter this with, apart from "riding it out". In Pochettinos match preparations, he has a plan A, and a plan B. But he also has a "If x, then y" for more or less any change of style the opponent makes, and that he is able to get this across to the players on the pitch without having to make a substitution. This is match preparedness on a very high level, and really separates the decent managers from the great ones.

On a side note, I remember one of Hoddles major critics stating that this was his problem. He had this idea also, but was unable to communicate it to the players. Either because he lacked the communication skills, the visual aids/technology, or just the players were to much dunderheads to understand it. I guess he was just ahead of his time with his ideas. :)

Is it a myth?

Yeah, now you've gone and done it. Talking about the GG Black Ops department on the public forum instead of on the super secret dark web Black Ops forum where it belongs. And the mods are soundly sleeping letting this stay up for hours.

Massive data breach and violation of GG security protocols. I’m logged in now, deleting his identity from the internet and I have a team en route to disappear him.

Back