• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

one thing I do find intriguing is why is Poch gonna suddenly sign better players for United than Mou did and why would players sign for him?

Poch transfer record for us has been 50/50 I’d say and I’m happy with those Numbers, but to make united truly competitive he would need a much higher success rate quickly.

Don’t forget they signed Fred for £50m and Poch did come out afterwards stating he also wanted him...

one thing I do find intriguing is why is Poch gonna suddenly sign better players for United than Mou did and why would players sign for him?

Poch transfer record for us has been 50/50 I’d say and I’m happy with those Numbers, but to make united truly competitive he would need a much higher success rate quickly.

Don’t forget they signed Fred for £50m and Poch did come out afterwards stating he also wanted him...

I think that to begin with, most of their transfer activity would be in the opposite direction if he was their manager. I can't get the image of Sanchez strolling around with his hands on his hips out of my mind.

I think that to begin with, most of their transfer activity would be in the opposite direction if he was their manager. I can't get the image of Sanchez strolling around with his hands on his hips out of my mind.

He would have to ship out a lot of players

IMO he has one defender that he would want in shaw and I think he is over rated personally

He doesn’t have a top class CM with either (unless people still think Pogba can play in this league) which at spurs was an area he didn’t have to address and arguably still hasn’t as he inherited everyone sort from Dier who was brought as a CB but onbviously Poch is the man who converted him

Up front the have talent but they don’t have a Kane level striker, or a player who does it in the big games like Alli does so regularly so that’s a challenge for him

They do have money to burn but for me the areas their weak are also areas that others need to strengthen in too so the pool of talent is smaller

He would have to ship out a lot of players

IMO he has one defender that he would want in shaw and I think he is over rated personally

He doesn’t have a top class CM with either (unless people still think Pogba can play in this league) which at spurs was an area he didn’t have to address and arguably still hasn’t as he inherited everyone sort from Dier who was bought as a CB but onbviously Poch is the man who converted him

Up front the have talent but they don’t have a Kane level striker, or a player who does it in the big games like Alli does so regularly so that’s a challenge for him

They do have money to burn but for me the areas their weak are also areas that others need to strengthen in too so the pool of talent is smaller

I could see Poch struggling with Pogba's ego and sending him off to train with the kids.

Good point, but to be fair does anyone in the history of football have an amazing record? Look at Fergie, for every Stam there was a Djemba Dhemba or whatever. Fred needs a season to bed in, I’d imagine a year under Poch he’d rule our CM! Also with Poch he’s had to shop a lot of bargain basement players - NJie N Koudou etc The more established ones like Moura, Sanchez have been good.....

Whenever a club wants a manager you tend to know about it, especially when it comes to Real Madrid and you’d hear about it even more if a manager rejected them. I’ve never heard anything bar a few speculative noises about Real Madrid wanting Poch. I would really like to hear something substantial about Real wanting him and them being knocked back rather than just something that’s been decided happened on here...

The only time clubs officially move for managers (or players) is once background talks have been had and the approaching club have a good idea that the person they are after is interested - with that in mind you aren't ever likely to see a evidence of an approach for a player or manager of ours unless the deal is going to be made

I was thinking this too, in today’s day and age it’s difficult to know who actually signs the players or how far down their pecking order the actual signings were. With some players being turned over within a season and many failing to break into the team you could believe that the reason for no signings is that he hasn’t been happy with what he’s received or he isn’t as good a judge of player until he is working with them. United need a lot of investment to compete for the title which has to be the MO of the team spending the most wages in the league and whilst I think Poch’s ability to improve players is second to none there are a lot of older players who are set in their ways that he himself has said its harder to change habits for (think Dembele). Also they have Lukaku who will never been the elite level of striker for a club with title ambitions.
The other thing I read is Paul Mitchell will be going in as sporting director which means Poch is as good as signed. Paul Mitchell is also responsible for signing Dele Alli, yet I always thought pleat recommended Alli and there was rumours Poch wanted more control of the department, or was it the case that Mitchell had bigger ambitions or was frustrated by Levy not signing his recommendations?

At last an article where the man himself says something. The journos will continue to write their opinion pieces, but there are real quotes now from Poch.

Very encouraging.
Agreed. Don’t hear many managers talking about their chairman in such terms, probably because so many are absent on a day to day basic and a lot f managers have a season on season plan which involves getting as much money as they can for players knowing they are a bad half season away from the sack.
Poch seems like one of the few adults in an industry populated by children. I hope I can be like him when I grow up!

Good point, but to be fair does anyone in the history of football have an amazing record? Look at Fergie, for every Stam there was a Djemba Dhemba or whatever. Fred needs a season to bed in, I’d imagine a year under Poch he’d rule our CM! Also with Poch he’s had to shop a lot of bargain basement players - NJie N Koudou etc The more established ones like Moura, Sanchez have been good.....

Moura turned down united to go PSG

Sanchez was seen as a weak link by united in the Europa and Mou was quite open about it

Fred for me so far has no endearing features

The other thing to consider is the city factor
City are growing at a rate off the pitch too and on the pitch are light years ahead

Do you want to be the manager trying gbto compete with your nearest rivals in a fixed race

The other thing to consider is the city factor
City are growing at a rate off the pitch too and on the pitch are light years ahead

Do you want to be the manager trying gbto compete with your nearest rivals in a fixed race

I think that the other way this plays out is that they may bring in a marquee manager to try and fool their fans that they are competing. I am convinced that the choice of Mourinho was a reaction to Pep joining City.

Back