• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Again you make good points and i agree fully with the mental side of the game being so important, and it may well be one of the reasons why he does not run the games or do more in them ( his ability should enable him to do). I guess we will never know, he is not getting any younger and with the injurys he keeps picking up i doubt we ever will.

Do not get me wrong he is a very good player but as i said before he does frustrate me ( more then any other player we have) because i believe ( rightly or wrongly) he could do so much more.

Let's enjoy him while he's here, won't see a player like him again for a long time (frustrations and all).

Poch talking about cows again. :p

"No, it is the same," he said. "First of all we need to finish the stadium and build the trophy cabinet.

"There will not be an excuse afterwards, we need to win trophies. It is no use having a massive house but being unable to put furniture inside.

"It is like buying a big car but not being able to put in petrol because you don't have the money.

"Or if I have a cow and no grass. Or I have the grass but no cow."

https://www.skysports.com/football/...-tottenham-stadium-will-be-ready-by-christmas

ous new stadium comes with grass AND cow?

Hmmm, why is Poch talking about Bale and how lucky it turned out that we didn't sell him??
Very odd....especially given earlier in the week when he ventured into the whole stadium opening timing thing...seems to be getting involved with stuff he doesn't need to imo

Hmmm, why is Poch talking about Bale and how lucky it turned out that we didn't sell him??
Very odd....especially given earlier in the week when he ventured into the whole stadium opening timing thing...seems to be getting involved with stuff he doesn't need to imo

He's making the case that he needs to sign more ready made players because of where the squad is now, rather than lower league players that would need time to settle. We got somewhat lucky with Dele, but this was still in the Ryan Mason era where youngsters had a lower bar to reach. He's making a fair point that Bale, Walker, Rose etc took years to reach the level required, and it is right to say we almost sold Bale, because we nearly did.

I don't think Poch says something unless it is quite calculated. He has his reason for doing this.

He's making the case that he needs to sign more ready made players because of where the squad is now, rather than lower league players that would need time to settle. We got somewhat lucky with Dele, but this was still in the Ryan Mason era where youngsters had a lower bar to reach. He's making a fair point that Bale, Walker, Rose etc took years to reach the level required, and it is right to say we almost sold Bale, because we nearly did.

I don't think Poch says something unless it is quite calculated. He has his reason for doing this.

Should have made these comments in the summer and put pressure on levy

From his point of view the worst thing he did was sign the new contract before the window shut

I thought he was saying GNK will surprise us all
and be the new Bale...

I actually think the championship has served us well with transfers and is a much better indicator of potential to be successful in the prem than ligue 1. I also get the impression players come from there with less ego which would suit out our profile. Some players slip through academies nets and benefit from the game time and responsibility of being in a first team from a young age

Should have made these comments in the summer and put pressure on levy

From his point of view the worst thing he did was sign the new contract before the window shut

Question.
He wants a smaller squad and could not shift Dembele, Rose or Alderweireld, let alone the likes of Janssen and Nkoudou.
Where do you think new signings would be accommodated?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Question.
He wants a smaller squad and could not shift Dembele, Rose or Alderweireld, let alone the likes of Janssen and Nkoudou.
Where do you think new signings would be accommodated?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Why are they still here? What amounts did we ask for them.

Dembele/Toby/Rose have played most our games so that’s a worry as well.

We don’t have to name them in the squad

The window was a fudge up all round, the manager lost his bargaining chips when he signed the new deal.

Those players mentioned wouldn’t have stopped us bringing in Grealish

The window was a fudge up all round, the manager lost his bargaining chips when he signed the new deal.

Why do you assume it is a Poch vs Levy set up?

And what is the lowest price you would accept for the players we wanted to sell that are still here?

Once they are still here, we do need to name them in the squad, otherwise we are cutting our nose off to spite our face.

Dembele/Toby/Rose have played most our games so that’s a worry as well

If Poch’s previous is anything to go by Grealish would have been on the bench getting a few minutes in the Carabao and FA Cups.

I don't think Toby and rose were being sold for football reasons. So if they can repair any rifts and get back to fitness and form I'm sure poch will keep them.

It wasn’t! No matter how many times you and some others say it, it doesn’t make it true.

It wasn’t! No matter how many times you and some others say it, it doesn’t make it true.

It was. We had a great chance to build this summer and botched it. Not only have Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and City improved compared to us (thankfully United are imploding) but our players haven’t had the boost of new players coming in to push them on.

It was. We had a great chance to build this summer and botched it. Not only have Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and City improved compared to us (thankfully United are imploding) but our players haven’t had the boost of new players coming in to push them on.
It’s like Groundhog Day here! The reply to this every single time is who would you have bought and for how much? Not one person has managed to come up with an answer yet.

It’s like Groundhog Day here! The reply to this every single time is who would you have bought and for how much? Not one person has managed to come up with an answer yet.

Sorry to but in but why do people think it is our fans’ jobs to come up with suggestions as to who we should buy? There are players out there who can improve us. For some to suggest we are in a position where we can’t improve is nonsense and far fetched.

How many people would have suggested we buy Trippier for example? How many on here mentioned Dele Alli as a serious option in attacking midfield? I’m sure a 16 year old Danny Rose was also not a popular choice as LB amongst our fan base before we signed him.

Sorry to but in but why do people think it is our fans’ jobs to come up with suggestions as to who we should buy? There are players out there who can improve us. For some to suggest we are in a position where we can’t improve is nonsense and far fetched.

How many people would have suggested we buy Trippier for example? How many on here mentioned Dele Alli as a serious option in attacking midfield? I’m sure a 16 year old Danny Rose was also not a popular choice as LB amongst our fan base before we signed him.
Don’t be sorry mate.

And whose place in our squad do these mystery players take? “Our fans” would have got rid of Toby, Rose and Dembele from our squad as well, good luck finding players better than that with the budget we have.

Who has ever said “we can’t improve”? Plenty have said it’s difficult to improve, big difference. Don’t think it’s much to ask to suggest one or two realistic players who would have joined us considering the clear outrage and obvious disaster the window apparently was?

The window could have been a bit better if we'd managed to offload a couple of players who aren't really part of Poch's plans and signed 1 or 2 to improve the squad. But we kept all of our best players, and any window we do that is not too bad imo.

You are starting to sound like a Broken record with that statement :rolleyes:

All of these things are very easy to say in isolation. Eg we botched the window, if only we invested a bit more we’d be in a better spot right now etc. But it doesn’t take into account all the factors surrounding the difficulty of the window.

For instance, almost everyone had effectively written Toby off, out of the club. Almost everyone’s assessment of the transfer window a few days before it closed was that we were in desperate need of a CB because Toby was going. And yet, he’s still here, and picking up form again. If we sold him and bought De Ligt, and let’s say sold Dembele and signed Grealish, it would be a very similar window to the summer we signed Wanyama and Toby, or when we signed Sanchez and Aurier. Eg - this summer isn’t exactly that much worse in terms of the actual quality of the squad. With Rose back in form, Toby back in form, Lamela back in form, Winks back in form, Moura actually playing, these are all players we didn’t really have last year. So I don’t know where the obvious space to improve was, given that we didnt sell the obvious players.

It was like people assumed that Toby, Dembele and Rose were already gone, so the window’s success would be contingent on replacing them well. But they’re still here, so what’s the problem? Rose for instance is playing better than he has for 2 years. Why would we be better off replacing those guys now, rather than doing it next summer? And should we accept way lower than fair market value for players we wanted to sell, rather than getting the best out of them?

In the context of many of the windows to come, thinking longer term, this wasn’t a bad one. Not every club can do the massive ‘push’ every summer because they are bound by things like contracts, existing players, budgets, other clubs’ appetite to sell. Liverpool have the luxury of the remaining Coutinho money, and had some space in their squad to fill, so they’ve been able to make a splash. Maybe they will finish above us this one year, maybe not. But next summer it will be our turn to conduct more surgery on the squad, and I’m sure everyone will be happier then. Really though, in the grand scheme of making us get better consistently (which now means competing with Emirates Marketing Project), we need to get on a different financial plane. We need to start reaping the benefits of the stadium. Until that point, we are well set to finish at least 6th and likely at least 4th each year, and no transfer window with a load of signings or otherwise is going to change that. Because until we can more easily compete with City financially, we won’t be up there competing with them consistently, and that is now the next target. Signing players for the sake of it or selling players below a fair market rate just to show that we’ve had some movement or ‘had a good window’ is an entirely pointless exercise.

Back