• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I'm cautiously optimistic about this appointment.

+1

If he can get us playing like southampton...even if we lose a few 4-3 3-2 im sure he will be popular here.

Still have a problem with our defensive personel if he's gonna want us to press,press,press!

Scandalous? What a self righteous thing to say tinged with a massive sense of entitlement. You may have preferred other candidates but scandalous? Fans like you are scandalous and why I have struggled to stay in love with the club at times

Don't rise to it mate, either he doesn't know the definition of scandalous or hasn't a clue about football. Either way its clearly a waste of time discussing the subject with him....

Looks like a decent appointment.

Not sure what the people 'outraged' with this are expecting. A coach who hasn't won much? Yeah, for a club that also hasn't won much.

Seems a perfect fit. He got Southampton to play well, he got their young players to progress immensely.

I look forward to seeing how he progresses. Just hope he's able to get paulinho and soldado off the books for a decent amount, as I can't see anything other than breaking even this summer.

Running out of steam because of the intense pressing might be a regular problem. Its not very smart is it.

Happy with this appointment, appointing FDB was my preferred choice for a while but in recent weeks i've been leaning towards Pochettino due to league experience. Always a gamble bringing in someone young without any significant achievements to show for himself, but the signs up until now have been positive. His style of play will also grant him time when things are not necessarily going accordingly.

I offer my total support to Mauricio Pochettino and wish him every possible success at Spurs.

He wouldn't have been my choice for manager but now he's here, let's all back him to the hilt.

Good luck I liked the way you had the little club on the south coast playing and if you do similar here I will have your back.

Read he likes double training sessions. Good our players have had it to easy for to long.

But for the Love of GHod do not play the good players in the europa league not until the quarters if we get there.

All the best son.

This appointment excites me, hes a young manager with everything to fight for and strong principles that match the club. He'll need time, as someone said Levy has done his bit its time we do ours!

OH POCH-ET-IIIIIINO
IF ITS QUITE ALRIGHT ILL LOVE YOU TINOOOOO
BORN TO BE AT THE LAAAAANE

This appointment excites me, hes a young manager with everything to fight for and strong principles that match the club. He'll need time, as someone said Levy has done his bit its time we do ours!

OH POCH-ET-IIIIIINO
BORN TO BE AT THE LAAAAANE

Levy is a cnut. Hope Poch does well though he has my support.

Im guessing you mean the same way that Atletico Madrid do?
It takes players with a special attitude and level of fitness to pull it off.plus its has to prove to get results or players will quickly grow disillusioned and tired of it

Literally the players have to run through a brick wall for the manager......I'm really curious if the ones we have or the ones we tend to buy will do this for Poch

I agree. I have often criticised Levy in the past for a lack of strategy in managerial appointments, with each one looking like a reaction against the last. This time around I do not think that he has done that. There appears to be a consistency of approach but Poch addresses the areas where AVB fell short. I am optimistic. I really hope it works out.

Agreed. Good move from Levy and he's regained a lot of my faith on this.

On paper this seems to be a great appointment:
Pochettino’s combination of European/progressive tactics plus English steel should be a winning formula. His approach of a pressing forward, energetic midfieders and swift passing should be tailor made for Adebayor, Dembele, Paulinho, Sandro and Eriksen. Levy will be also hoping the Argentine will be the one to unlock the potential of Erik Lamela.

Some insight into his management style

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthre...lanation-of-Pochettino-s-tactics#.U4OrPHnVvwJ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhKEUftWC1A

http://eplindex.com/37849/marcelo-b...ats+%26+Blog+%7C+eplindex.com+soccer+stats%29

On paper it’s a good fit. However the problem with Spurs is and has always been 3 fold
1) tactics 2) lack of winning mentality 3) Levy selling our best players.

1) The lack of tactics seems to be addressed, we should now have a team who goes on the pitch each week with a game plan, we should also be attractive to watch and with a pressing game no longer easy to beat.

HOWEVER...
2) Is Pochettino the best option as regards to taking us to a new level stature wise? Would FDB have been a better choice to raise the stature of the club, attract better players and instill an overall winning mentality throughout the club?

3) Levy’s attention to youth is fantastic. However it seems his focus is not for the benefit of the team but purely to be a 'buy low, sell high' strategy. If at the end of next season Pochettino turns Lamela and co into stars and we end up selling those then whats the point??
Modric and Bale just won the Champions League, VDV is gone and so is Berbatov. Does Levy regret letting such amazing players go other clubs subsequently winning medals? Does he fathom the possibility that if he kept these players it could be Tottenham Hotspurs name in lights instead of others?
Either way, the personnel we have now are probably not good enough regardless of the manager we bring in and I fear that the top 4 is so beyond us now that any new appointment is too little too late.

My prediction for the next season:

1st Man Utd
2nd Chelsea
3rd Emirates Marketing Project
4th Arsenal
5th Tottenham Hotspurs
6th Liverpool

Good luck Mauricio, I hope White Hart Lane brings the 12th man each and every time making us as much of a force as possible. If we all stick together then who knows...

Running out of steam because of the intense pressing might be a regular problem. Its not very smart is it.

Our players are supposed to be better than Southampton's, so hopefully we're able to kill off more games. Not very Spurs, I know.

Back