• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

i think one day he will take that job, but for the time being he has a plan to complete here.

IMO Intl football management is for one of two things:

1) Young manager needing a chance to raise his profile, IE Hughes, Coleman, Bilic. It can lead to opportunities further up the pyramid instead of having to work up from the bottom.

2) Old managers looking for semi retirement. Day to day club management is exhausting, Intl football allows you to still do the job but on much easier terms.

And thats it.

Pochettino may well manager Argentina, it wouldnt be a surprise (though Im not sure it would actually work). However it wont be until he is "done" with club management, which, at his age and current trajectory is likely in 20 years.

Pochettino: 'Disrespectful' Guardiola struggles to be a gentleman

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino has taken a swing at Pep Guardiola after the Emirates Marketing Project boss referred to Spurs as 'the Harry Kane team'.

Guardiola had been asked for his thoughts on the title race, to which he replied that Chelsea and Manchester United would be tough opponents alongside Pochettino's Kane-led charges.

The White Hart Lane boss has not taken kindly to the Catalan's comments, however, claiming that his opposite number was disrespectful to other players within the London club.

“I know Pep,” the Argentine said, “When he's excited after an amazing win he struggles to keep his position and be a gentleman.

“It was disrespectful for many.

“When he was at Barca I never said 'the Messi team'

"I think it’s a sad comment because the players laugh about that. If you’re a manager you must show more, no? To be above this type of comment."

Whether Guardiola's comments were intended to unsettle a Premier League title rival is a topic for debate, but Kane's recent form in front of goal makes it easy to see why he has been singled out for praise.

The England striker had helped guide his country to the World Cup with some important strikes, bagging four goals in three matches whilst wearing the captain's armband for the Three Lions.

To put things into further perspective, Kane has found the net 36 times from 147 shots in competitive games in 2017, while Saturday's opponents Bournemouth have scored 36 times from 371 shots spread throughout their whole squad.

Following Pep's comments, Kane's killer instinct could cause Pochettino another headache further down the line, too, with September's Premier League player of the month being linked with a big-money move to Spanish champions Real Madrid.

The 24-year-old insists he is happy with life in London for the time being, but recently failed to rule out the possibility of a move abroad.

====

Take that Pep!:D

Putting a bib on in a bit of a sulk? Looking miserable while eating your pasta in the canteen? If you're playing for Mauricio Pochettino, he'll notice.

West Ham defender Jose Fonte, who played under Pochettino at Southampton, has given an insight into the Tottenham manager's "incredible" attention to detail.

Fonte revealed behind-the-scenes analysis of his players' body language is one of the secrets Pochettino uses to unlock their potential.

"Everywhere in the training ground there are cameras," the 33-year-old told MOTD2 Extra.

"If he was giving the bibs and you were not in the team, and your body language was bad, he would call you in the office and say 'Listen, this is not the right way'."

The Argentinian is one of the most highly-rated managers in the game having built on his impressive 16 months at Southampton by guiding Tottenham to higher finishes in each of his three seasons in charge.

After a fifth place in 2014/15 they finished third the following season having challenged Leicester for the title and were runners-up to relentless Chelsea in 2016/17.

Spurs sit third in the Premier League and have won both of their Champions League group games against Apoel Nicosia and Borussia Dortmund.

Fonte believes this progress is stimulated by Pochettino's constant scrutiny and planning.

"In the canteen? Everywhere. He is watching you everywhere, your body language, everything," said the Portugal centre-back.

"He is meticulous, his attention to detail is second to none. He would watch everything you do."

Yet Fonte also revealed Pochettino - who has developed the games of England superstars Harry Kane and Dele Alli at Spurs - also shows warmth that endears him to his players.

"He would put an arm around you and make you feel special. It's good," Fonte added.

"I remember Luke Shaw was like a son to him. Adam Lallana, Dejan Lovren and myself all had a great relationship with him. He was tough as well when he had to be."

Daily Mail have just produced a segment of a book Balague has written on Poch. Really good read. In it he says he would like to manage England one day.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...cio-Pochettino-Tottenham-s-Alex-Ferguson.html

Quote from Daniel Levy:

I’d be surprised if there wasn’t interest in Mauricio from other clubs because it means we are doing well. He’s never given me any indication that he’d like to leave. He loves the project and he once sent me a picture of Bill Nicholson — our most famous manager from years ago — holding the fronts of the gates of the stadium.

They are very historic gates and we’re keeping them at the new stadium. I replied, ‘One day it is going to be you,’ because that really is what I aspire to.

How can you not love these two? I want to tie them down to lifetime contracts! :D

Putting a bib on in a bit of a sulk? Looking miserable while eating your pasta in the canteen? If you're playing for Mauricio Pochettino, he'll notice.

West Ham defender Jose Fonte, who played under Pochettino at Southampton, has given an insight into the Tottenham manager's "incredible" attention to detail.

Fonte revealed behind-the-scenes analysis of his players' body language is one of the secrets Pochettino uses to unlock their potential.

"Everywhere in the training ground there are cameras," the 33-year-old told MOTD2 Extra.

"If he was giving the bibs and you were not in the team, and your body language was bad, he would call you in the office and say 'Listen, this is not the right way'."

The Argentinian is one of the most highly-rated managers in the game having built on his impressive 16 months at Southampton by guiding Tottenham to higher finishes in each of his three seasons in charge.

After a fifth place in 2014/15 they finished third the following season having challenged Leicester for the title and were runners-up to relentless Chelsea in 2016/17.

Spurs sit third in the Premier League and have won both of their Champions League group games against Apoel Nicosia and Borussia Dortmund.

Fonte believes this progress is stimulated by Pochettino's constant scrutiny and planning.

"In the canteen? Everywhere. He is watching you everywhere, your body language, everything," said the Portugal centre-back.

"He is meticulous, his attention to detail is second to none. He would watch everything you do."

Yet Fonte also revealed Pochettino - who has developed the games of England superstars Harry Kane and Dele Alli at Spurs - also shows warmth that endears him to his players.

"He would put an arm around you and make you feel special. It's good," Fonte added.

"I remember Luke Shaw was like a son to him. Adam Lallana, Dejan Lovren and myself all had a great relationship with him. He was tough as well when he had to be."

Obviously just trolling parklane1 :)

"I remember Luke Shaw was like a son to him
. Adam Lallana, Dejan Lovren and myself all had a great relationship with him. He was tough as well when he had to be."

A son who has lost his way in the last few years and been mis-treated by his new dad. I wonder if Poch is tempted to try to get the prodigal back, especially in the light of Rose's outspokenness.

Body language expert too. Don't tell @parklane1

Edit: Note to self. Read full thread before posting obvious joke.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...cio-Pochettino-Tottenham-s-Alex-Ferguson.html

Quote from Daniel Levy:

I’d be surprised if there wasn’t interest in Mauricio from other clubs because it means we are doing well. He’s never given me any indication that he’d like to leave. He loves the project and he once sent me a picture of Bill Nicholson — our most famous manager from years ago — holding the fronts of the gates of the stadium.

They are very historic gates and we’re keeping them at the new stadium. I replied, ‘One day it is going to be you,’ because that really is what I aspire to.

How can you not love these two? I want to tie them down to lifetime contracts! :D

that one brought a tear to my eye - in a good way :)

poch was fortunate to arrive when he did - not too early - with full backing and a youth academy that had just started production. the new stadium and the increasing fan base and revenue from match day are all things he can look forward to. i do hope he stays and becomes a legend ... we need a few in our modern history.

giphy.gif

Back