• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

If we're going to acquire that level of psychological advantage — to become one of those teams that, everyone just knows before they've even laced their boots, will still hurt you one way or another, no matter what you try and do — we'll have to become a lot more effective at dealing with the low block. We're going to see plenty of it this season IMO, and I suspect defeating it is going to mean a gambit involving riskier defensive tactics, as well as having to develop a bit more clinicality than we tend to display just now down the other end. As good as we are, that might be more than a season's work. We'll see; I'm sure it's going to be interesting.

If we're going to acquire that level of psychological advantage — to become one of those teams that, everyone just knows before they've even laced their boots, will still hurt you one way or another, no matter what you try and do — we'll have to become a lot more effective at dealing with the low block. We're going to see plenty of it this season IMO, and I suspect defeating it is going to mean a gambit involving riskier defensive tactics, as well as having to develop a bit more clinicality than we tend to display just now down the other end. As good as we are, that might be more than a season's work. We'll see; I'm sure it's going to be interesting.

Not sure I agree, everyone is back on this train of "we struggle against teams that park the bus", actually we don't. Last season I believe we got more points against bottom half of table than anyone else. every game we have played this season we had opportunities, we just haven't been as clinical. I believe that is just a form/rhythm thing.

The only legitimate weakness I saw in the team (when first 11 is available) is against high press, fast breaking sides (e.g. Pool) , the Dortmund game gave me some hope that we are willing to tactically adjust, but the chances they had still showed we need to work on that.

Not sure I agree, everyone is back on this train of "we struggle against teams that park the bus", actually we don't. Last season I believe we got more points against bottom half of table than anyone else. every game we have played this season we had opportunities, we just haven't been as clinical. I believe that is just a form/rhythm thing.

The only legitimate weakness I saw in the team (when first 11 is available) is against high press, fast breaking sides (e.g. Pool) , the Dortmund game gave me some hope that we are willing to tactically adjust, but the chances they had still showed we need to work on that.

Great post mate.

Very fair points, but for me we have still spent a lot of time playing in front of the opposition so far this season. It's early days, though; let's hope for improvement in both areas.

Hypothetical I hope.... but if Argentina crash and burn in qualification for the world cup... will Poch be tempted if the Argentina national team come a-calling????

Hypothetical I hope.... but if Argentina crash and burn in qualification for the world cup... will Poch be tempted if the Argentina national team come a-calling????

i think one day he will take that job, but for the time being he has a plan to complete here.
I will worry a bit if/when the job becomes available again the next time in 2-3 years. Didn't think Pochettino would leave us now, and little point in taking over if they hadn't qualified for the world cup. But the next world cup... possibly the last chance to manage Messi for Argentina in a world cup. And with him in the team the chance of winning well always be there.

I will worry a bit if/when the job becomes available again the next time in 2-3 years. Didn't think Pochettino would leave us now, and little point in taking over if they hadn't qualified for the world cup. But the next world cup... possibly the last chance to manage Messi for Argentina in a world cup. And with him in the team the chance of winning well always be there.

I honestly don’t think international jobs are that appealing for younger managers, especially when most pay less

Back