• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Seems a bit fanciful that a manager who hasn't had a pot to tinkle in for 5 years with regards to transfer budget is going to be fuming with the club in the first window where he gets some financial backing.

Poch's next book might be worth reading!

How? If he starts playing with that form for us we'll be back in the top four places in a snap..

He's not playing like that for us because he hates Pochettino, obviously

He has not had an obvious reason as to why he hasn't hit that form for us thus far. There was a time that we would have looked at the service he got from our players as being better than what he received from England's....but for whatever reason it now seems to be the reverse..:(

We're all going take a stance on a given situation, and discussing it to the nth degree will just as often entrench positions than change minds.

It's a fluid situation, and we are probably talking about it at a far quicker pace than things are actually happening.

All things being reasonably ok, Poch will be here until the end of the season. Of course (being fluid) disasters at pikeyville and man poo can change any landscape.

My visit to the Amex this season truly was rock bottom, the worst 'performance' by a Poch team since he's been here. Quite often a long spiral down can take quite a while to unwind...I'm hoping Poch picks up the ball again.

To be positive, we've lost 1 in 6 since Brighton. (The 1 to the PL winners elect) ....2 banging performances against 'GHod knows what' in the CL...and league games..unlucky against Everton, lucky against Sheff U and Watford meh...but at least not suffering that losing feeling. Brighton was more than a losing feeling....that's what I mean by positive.

Your last paragraph is the one crumb of comfort that might be worth clinging to...even if performances overall are not getting much better (save for the RSB games)...

I do REALLY fear the next game, but it does give the players to show if they can handle it when a team is really motivated to beat them AND will put in a shift to do so...

As a player Coutinho is as good a replacement for Eriksen as any (though I question the desire for direct replacement)

But the finances would be insane, and IF Poch wanted him - but Levy declined on the money side - Id be ok with that.

It is an IF though, because we just dont know and likely never will.

Just wow! No prizes for guessing why he didn't come to us :eek:

Philippe Coutinho is 'costing £563,000 A GAME' at Bayern Munich following his big-money loan move from Barcelona.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7689279/Philippe-Coutinho-costs-563-000-GAME-Bayern-Munich-following-loan-Barcelona.html

Just wow! No prizes for guessing why he didn't come to us :eek:

Philippe Coutinho is 'costing £563,000 A GAME' at Bayern Munich following his big-money loan move from Barcelona.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7689279/Philippe-Coutinho-costs-563-000-GAME-Bayern-Munich-following-loan-Barcelona.html

Indeed, if Poch has the hump because he demanded Coutinho and didnt get him - IF - then its his own silly fault for thinking we would do a deal at that sort of cost.

That reads like the sort of story put out to pile up the 'justification tick boxes" before a decision is made.
I'd love a journo to actually ask Poch if he really did want Coutinho in the summer to gauge how he reacts...how he'd react will tell us if it's BS planted by the club or not...

Just the usual nonsense banded about when one of the bigger clubs are in 'crisis'. I swear they have a template for it - Dressing room rifts, manager unhappy player x wasnt signed, big player x,y and z want out of the club etc etc....

Could not agree more, sadly to say we have fans who fall for it hook line and sinker.

Back