• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I understand what you are saying but once we go down the route it could lead to other players trying to do the same, for me if any player wants to go then they go and if they refuse to take the money on offer to them from another club that is their decision. We should not help them.
This is completely normal. It happens al the time when players re on their way down. Remember this isn’t Wanyama wanting to leave, this is the manager telling the chairman he no longer wants him and the chairman finding a buyer (at a price higher than most of us would’ve imagined).

Do you know that?
You keep throwing these things out there as if they are facts.
I know that Wanyama’s representatives were negotiating with Brugge (who agreed a fee with Spurs). Prior to a club agreeing a deal to buy a player they will typically make sure through the player’s representatives that the player would be prepared to join them. It saves a lot of embarrassment, not to mention wasted time.

This is completely normal. It happens al the time when players re on their way down. Remember this isn’t Wanyama wanting to leave, this is the manager telling the chairman he no longer wants him and the chairman finding a buyer (at a price higher than most of us would’ve imagined).

OK and as i say i understand the point you are making, i still do not think its something we should do. If the club decide its the way to go there is nothing i can do about it. I am happy to trust Levy to do what is best for our club.

I know that Wanyama’s representatives were negotiating with Brugge (who agreed a fee with Spurs). Prior to a club agreeing a deal to buy a player they will typically make sure through the player’s representatives that the player would be prepared to join them. It saves a lot of embarrassment, not to mention wasted time.

Well if that is true then they are probably better off ( Brugge) if the player would rather turn down a chance to play again and not take less money ( if that was/is the case).

Sort answer, no

Well if that is true then they are probably better off ( Brugge) if the player would rather turn down a chance to play again and not take less money ( if that was/is the case).
There aren’t too many people who will agree to go and work for another company for a lot less money, especially as they get nearer to the end of their (short) careers.

There aren’t too many people who will agree to go and work for another company for a lot less money, especially as they get nearer to the end of their (short) careers.

Well i guess it depends on how badly they want to rescue a failing/fading career, he is only 28 and is falling further away from a place here.

Sorry typo, should have been, short answer, no.
Even your post doesn't prove you know anything.
Fair enough. Whether I know nothing, something or everything (and only Scara knows EVERYTHING ;) ) only I would know. I do ask you this however. Do you think that when clubs are trying to buy a player they go through the entire negotiation and agree a fee before bothering to find out if the player would be prepared to join them or not?

Maybe, maybe not but at this present time we do not have a DOF so its irrelevant. Should we have one? to be honest i am not bothered one way or the other.
I think so. Others may disagree though. There is no right or wrong answer, only opinions

I think Levy is brilliant but should just give a transfer and wage budget over to a DoF and allow him to work with the manager (who should have the final say on the players coming in or leaving)

I think so. Others may disagree though. There is no right or wrong answer, only opinions

I think Levy is brilliant but should just give a transfer and wage budget over to a DoF and allow him to work with the manager (who should have the final say on the players coming in or leaving)

You may be right, but at the moment i honestly have no feelings either way to be honest.

About the DOF not about Levy. :)

Fair enough. Whether I know nothing, something or everything (and only Scara knows EVERYTHING ;) ) only I would know. I do ask you this however. Do you think that when clubs are trying to buy a player they go through the entire negotiation and agree a fee before bothering to find out if the player would be prepared to join them or not?

He's bargaining, maybe hoping to tease another club out the wood work.
It seems a lot more deals fall through in the last few hours than go through.

He's bargaining, maybe hoping to tease another club out the wood work.
It seems a lot more deals fall through in the last few hours than go through.
I don’t think that’s true. Most deals get done when a transfer fee is agreed. Occasionally you’ll get a player who’s agent is negotiating with multiple clubs who will then end up doing the deal with whoever is the biggest payer in terms of the package to the player (i.e Willian) but it’s actually quite uncommon to tell a club you’d be prepared to sign for them, let them do the work to agree a fee and then turn them down (agents get a bad name that way... or should I say even worse name).

It is only really deals that are agreed right at the end of the window that aren’t as certain to go to completion, often due to a lack of time to discuss the finer points as those deals are more a matter of quickly matching buyers and sellers.

I think the players are lacking in self belief and the CL final did us no good. It's almost as if they've given up on being able to win something after that defeat. And I don't think Poch is the kind of manager that can give that to them. But get in a player like Davids and combined with Poch they can take us to the next level. Or if you're going to bring in a new manager, make it Simeone, or, dare I say, Dyche. Proper fire and brimstone guys.

I think the players are lacking in self belief and the CL final did us no good. It's almost as if they've given up on being able to win something after that defeat. And I don't think Poch is the kind of manager that can give that to them. But get in a player like Davids and combined with Poch they can take us to the next level. Or if you're going to bring in a new manager, make it Simeone, or, dare I say, Dyche. Proper fire and brimstone guys.

tenor.gif

The fact he is using them, for me, shows he isnt on his game.

Especially when there are committed players who can very ably replace them.

I think to when Poch started, he had no issues in binning off experienced players, big name players - leaders in the group ...

No issue at all. And he didnt have the like of Alli and Sanchez on the bench waiting to come in when he did.

Allow me to try and offer an explanation.
Perhaps -given that he developed most of these players into the players they became, given that he moulded this squad- he has been bamboozled by their subsequent inability to perform at even a perfunctory level since the close of the window. Let's face it, if they even went at average it would be enough for top 4 this season. The fact that some are playing like an absolute gaggle of clams is probably both bewildering and painful for him to accept.

I would suggest that he might be wrapping his head around all of that. And that hopefully he can get to grips with it quickly and fudge the likes of Alderweireld and Eriksen off.

I will be the first to apologize of those specific players prove me wrong this season. I hope they make a mug of me. I am not holding my breath. And if they did it for a new manager and not Poch, I'd be even more disgusted than I currently am.

You know brick is getting really silly when Sean fudging Dyche is mentioned as a possible replacement for Poch.

I can only assume @alekaras hasn't actually seen Burnley play. You'd want that style at the lane? fudge me drunk.

Allow me to try and offer an explanation.
Perhaps -given that he developed most of these players into the players they became, given that he moulded this squad- he has been bamboozled by their subsequent inability to perform at even a perfunctory level since the close of the window. Let's face it, if they even went at average it would be enough for top 4 this season. The fact that some are playing like an absolute gaggle of clams is probably both bewildering and painful for him to accept.

I would suggest that he might be wrapping his head around all of that. And that hopefully he can get to grips with it quickly and fudge the likes of Alderweireld and Eriksen off.

I will be the first to apologize of those specific players prove me wrong this season. I hope they make a mug of me. I am not holding my breath. And if they did it for a new manager and not Poch, I'd be even more disgusted than I currently am.

This. 100%

I thought it was pretty public knowledge that VW wanted to stay in the UK for passport reasons?

Back