1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Mauricio Pochettino

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by DubaiSpur, 27 May 2014.

1. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Dean Richards

MAURICIO POCHETTINO is just one defeat from the sack, according to former Tottenham star Tony Cascarino.

Slight deviation, but unless I have total amnesia..that tw*t never played for us did he?

2. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Alf Ramsey

That's all very well but Bayern could have three down by then.
    It looks good now but if son had scored at the rate gnarby who looks stupid.
    As for hoddles comments, fine but again the quick start go three up and sit back has basically been Liverpool's tactics for long enough.

Bedfordspurs and glorygloryeze like this.
  3. elltrev

elltrev Pascal Chimbonda

That doesn't mean (IMO) that their 7 goals were because of the diamond. The Bayern staff were lucky (from a tactical point of view) that their players' finishing was better than ours in the first half, and then in the second half (when we were no longer playing the diamond) their goals were all down to our individual errors, mostly from Aurier (who I don't think had to do any extra running the diamond).

Anyway it's a bit of a moot point, but as I said if you have an open mind on this stuff then I'd encourage you to watch their goals again.

Bedfordspurs and glorygloryeze like this.
  4. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Alf Ramsey

When the fudge was he ever a star?

5. SylDave

SylDave Jason Dozzell

Who says we wouldn’t have completely collapsed again in the second half even if we scored two or three, it’s not like starting fast and throwing away leads has become any kind of a pattern with us and the diamond has it.

6. SylDave

SylDave Jason Dozzell

Aurier was crap no one can try to defend him, but both the full backs and Winks are being left to hang out to dry by the system imo.

And the second half tactics again says a lot, after the pen we looked solid and were in the game, then our subs handed the initiative back to them.

7. elltrev

elltrev Pascal Chimbonda

I'll say it again - go back and watch the Bayern goals, I really don't think that's true! Check my previous posts - there's one where I've got a YouTube link to each and every goal ;)

Edit: Otherwise all we're doing on this forum is repeatedly stating our contrasting opinions, without actually looking at the evidence or trying to find common ground.

glorygloryeze likes this.
  8. Modric THFC

Modric THFC Johnny Morrison

He'll do no better than Mourinho or Van Gaal at United.
    He is terrible at buying players and has been since he bought Daniel Osvaldo in at Southampton.
    The only player he wanted and has bought in that worked out is Alderweireld.
    United have no DOF and are a mess.

He won't be able to deal with the media focus on every decision he makes as United manager.
    We saw how tetchy and tinkled off he got in the last 6 months here.

And with reports about how controlling and authoritative he is around the training ground. Not giving players any time off.
    These are the same player that had 3 years of Mourinho. They wont want more of the same.
    That's why Solskjaer worked for them briefly.

9. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Alf Ramsey

If's and buts, who knows.
    But if I was a Bayern fan reading that I'd be a bit worried, after all we created 4 really good chances 1v1 with the keeper. If you're coach is thinking that's fine and keep playing that way then fair play, I'd be raging.

glorygloryeze likes this.
  10. mudshark

mudshark Jermaine Jenas

Clear the throat talks?

11. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Michael Carrick

What was that table trying to show?

12. elltrev

elltrev Pascal Chimbonda

upload_2019-10-7_13-36-0.png

Just how unusual our situation is (in terms of having a squad and manager who've been together for ages without winning a trophy), and how that might lead to a lack of energy / motivation / belief - and that that might be one of the main causes of our issues this season.

13. glorygloryeze

glorygloryeze Christian Ziege

Hilarious headline clickbait at it's best:D

I wonder how long the title will remain as "former Totenham" before it's changed?:p

14. Mikey10

Mikey10 Terry Fenwick

I agree with a lot of this. I’ve thought often over the last year that Poch would really struggle with the media pressure at a club bigger than ours.

Yermiyahu likes this.
  15. SylDave

SylDave Jason Dozzell

I couldn’t argue with that to a from a Bayern point of view to a certain extent, but it still says a lot they were content to let it happen, I think it was Nayim who said this after the game on the Bayern topic, we played like a lower league team running around like maniacs for 30-40 minutes then their class took over, but here is the thing the team we could put out are their equals, the team was setup badly.

16. Jurgen the German

Jurgen the German Colin Calderwood

They certainly do act and behave like a cult. Can’t deny it works for them though. Not that I would want our club to behave like them but I do wish we we had their belief. It also must come from being successful. Similar to Real Madrid. They’ve had so much success that they have become accustomed to it.

The big conundrum for us is how to we become consistently successful? You don’t get that winning meteorology unless you actually win things, on a consistent basis. I think @DubaiSpur made the point, only Spurs could have a shot of winning every major trophy on offer (except the Europa league) in a 5 year period and win absolutely none of them.

parklane1 and Bedfordspurs like this.
  17. Jurgen the German

Jurgen the German Colin Calderwood

If we had won the CL final, Poch would have instantly become the hottest property in football and people would rightly be asking questions about Klopp’s inability to win finals. Instead they won and look on course to mount a serious title challenge this season. As good as we were other a two year period, we achieved 70 and 86 points respectively. Liverpool got 97. We never finished within 6 points of Leicester or Chelsea when we last challenged.

i disagree about Van Dijk. He was comfortably the best CB in the world last season. No one dribbled past him, he seldom made mistakes, it was like a man playing against kids at times that’s how much better he was than the forwards he played against. Jan in his prime was world class but he was never head and shoulders the best CB in the world.

We will have to disagree about Alison. Granted I watch spurs far more and Lloris’s mistakes stick in my mind but he makes too many for a top keeper. I was convinced he used to save his worst games for the biggest stage, World Cup final, cup semi finals, London derbies etc (he made a howler against Liverpool last season IIRC in the last minute) but now he is making them against soton and Brighton. You can forgive shots squirming in at the near post but the kind of mistakes he is making are laughable, fundamental errors, failing to catch the ball, getting caught on the ball in his 6 yard box.

mjc23 and afsoc4life like this.
  18. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Alf Ramsey

I can't with it either, but the facts are we created 3 1 v 1s with their keeper.
    That's either good play from us and bayern coaches should be trying to counter it, or awful play from bayern and they should be reacting to it.
    I certainly wouldn't be happy if my coach was sitting there saying its fine leave it just now.
    Those three goals go in, our tails go up there's go down and who I owe what happens.

19. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Alf Ramsey

Re the CL final, as I said sliding doors.
    We will agree to disagree on vvd.
    Did you see the Leicester goal in Saturday, went straight through alisson, not a major hugoesque howler but bloody poor.

20. lurker of old

lurker of old Luke Young

Lose against Watford and surely Poch is gone. I'm umming and ahhing about whether I want that, but his authority must be totally undermined. We've been here before and the last days of a coach are never pleasant.