• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Not sure we can afford to wait and see if Poch can fix this mess. I think everyone could do with a reset.

Not sure we can afford to wait and see if Poch can fix this mess. I think everyone could do with a reset.

??? How can Poch be in any way blamed for us gifting them a goal from a cross?

This is the time to stay calm and trust the man. We cannot catch a break at the moment and we need to be smart and realise the brick sandwich we are constantly eating, rather than getting too easily swayed by unfortunate events.

We are a mess right now. Levy is at the top of the tree and imo should take a lot of brick here, just as much as Poch.

I do think that last summer's window of "no players unless Poch wants them" was a poor idea, but one born out of distrust. Poch wanted specific targets and wouldn't take the fall back options like in the past when Levy gave him players like GKN. However this league has shown us that for affordable prices teams can be built. So either our scouting department is that bad that Poch doesn't trust a single target they recommend or he's lost the ability to take players and improve them.

Still, Poch has set out his stall and wants us to play in a certain style. We have always been quite widthless and as the game has progressed towards the 433 that Klopp and Pep use so well, Poch's refusal to change has become more and more scrutinised. I don't think he wants to nor can change from his system and we are going backwards.

??? How can Poch be in any way blamed for us gifting them a goal from a cross?

This is the time to stay calm and trust the man. We cannot catch a break at the moment and we need to be smart and realise the brick sandwich we are constantly eating, rather than getting too easily swayed by unfortunate events.

This is happening six months late because we fluked our way to the CL final. Much is not right at the club and a managerial change is something that has to be considered.

Having absorbed what Poch said in his presser, I think he's right; there's a need for calm above all. I think I'm going to take a step back and let him get on with it, stop scab-picking and look away from the goldfish bowl before crisis becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Totally agree with your sentiments, but I fear we might have passed this point already.

Don't care anymore. Just sack him.

I think that would be short sighted, but then so many Souts fans are so I am not surprised by your comments. You remind me of the people that came on here and said Aurier was the answer to our right back problems after one performance against Palace

So you want Poch sacked fine, so who will you replace him with?

I don't follow other teams, so have no idea. Poch is done. Just like I called for Jol's sacking before most others and took the abuse for it, but we are past the point of no return.

Back