• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Didn’t he have pretty much the Portugal national side excluding Ronaldo?

it ended up being the Portugal side, but it wasn’t before he put them together

don’t forget how long ago this was, Ronaldo had only just signed for United when Jose put that Porto team together

it ended up being the Portugal side, but it wasn’t before he put them together

don’t forget how long ago this was, Ronaldo had only just signed for United when Jose put that Porto team together

Im not even gonna pretend to know the team
Just know how they all ended up playing for top sides

Just as a topic of conversation, how would you rank poch getting us to a CL and top having not signed a player in 18 months to Jose at Porto winning the CL?

Mourinho won something with Porto. Twenty years from now that’s all anyone will remember. So, Mourinho’s is by far the bigger achievement.

Possibly not fair, but that’s just how it is, and always has been.

Mourinho won something with Porto. Twenty years from now that’s all anyone will remember. So, Mourinho’s is by far the bigger achievement.

Don’t agree.

If you trace the direction of modern football, but more importantly, the world...the rich are getting richer, there is a European Super League afoot, the concept of success is much different to what it was 10-20 years ago.

And I think with this kind of debate, it’s easy to place what Poch has done as par for the course, or something similar. Look at similar clubs...in terms of revenue, wages, transfer fees spent, etc etc. The idea that we have been CL finalists is absolutely mental when you consider that a consistent 6th place finish is something we could be happy within, relative to the success of other clubs. Not denying that we shouldn’t be 6th best, more that there are a few other clubs that could have claimed it too had they run their club as well as we ran ours.

What Poch did is fudging epic. We should never forget it. CL FINALISTS!!!!!

Mourniho’s massive, ahead of the curve achievement was winning European trophies with Porto. But even since then, the game has changed. It’s money. The rich get richer. To continue to compete in this environment is a massive achievement and considering that we did it without a stadium is something that Poch near enough deserves a statue for in my view. He deserves the time to build his squad in this new era and to let the contract rebels go, and I think Levy is smart enough to give him that time.

20 years from now the idea that we got 86 points and came second should be seen as a massive achievement. As should a CL final. We’re on a completely different plane now. And that’s down to him. Let’s remember that. With the rich getting richer, a Super League gaining traction, it’s because it’s harder and harder to break the cartel. We did it. And that is an epic achievement in and of itself. Especially with the consistency we have shown to this point.

This.

I am going to have to ban myself from here for a while soon.
I am getting so fudging tired of the negativity.

I want to see this place in May if he does (as I believe he will) turnout around.

They won't bother posting if he turns it around. I shouldn't be shocked by the regulars who come out of the woodwork when we hit a bump..

Comes down to what people want from their football and club.

Juande Ramos won a trophy with an excellent win over Chelsea. Martin Jol didn't, but arguably planted the seeds for that triumph by giving us our pride back as a club after the days of Gross, etc...

They won't bother posting if he turns it around. I shouldn't be shocked by the regulars who come out of the woodwork when we hit a bump..

Not sure I agree with this, some of his harshest critics, including myself would be more than delighted in being proven wrong and him turning things around.

It could also be argued some of his more renowned backers have been a little slow in piping up, after a pretty turbulent couple of weeks for the club.

I would hate the idea of the likes of steff not posting, due to being engulfed in waves of negativity...

We’re all different, with differing methods of getting ones points across, just about understanding I suppose.

I hope we smash Brighton, go on a decent run and I hope we lift silverware this season, and if we do I’m more than happy for any of you to take the tinkle out of me for my views.

Banter keeps this place alive, Poch is a separate entity to people’s love of this club, those who no longer go dewy eyed over Poch should not necessarily just be classed as ‘negative’ people.

Comes down to what people want from their football and club.

Juande Ramos won a trophy with an excellent win over Chelsea. Martin Jol didn't, but arguably planted the seeds for that triumph by giving us our pride back as a club after the days of Gross, etc...

Steff, don’t get down on here bud, we disagree on many things but the key point is we agree on what’s important, both wanting success for THFC, we just differ in views on how this can happen.

I want to feel invested in the club mate and not feel despair about how I perceive to be our current direction of travel. Despite knowing good work has gone on before.

Might sound base but I no longer believe in Poch, his message, his motivations, the project was lost for me when he spoke of leaving as it all felt like a sham.

I now feel...fudge projects...I just want someone to raise us up and bring us glory.

You feel that’s Poch, I don’t, doesn’t matter to me who’s right or wrong in all honesty, because essentially we both want the same from our football and club...

To be entertained, feel emotionally invested in the highs and lows, to feel positively about the players and coaches, to be successful mate.

Don’t agree.

If you trace the direction of modern football, but more importantly, the world...the rich are getting richer, there is a European Super League afoot, the concept of success is much different to what it was 10-20 years ago.

And I think with this kind of debate, it’s easy to place what Poch has done as par for the course, or something similar. Look at similar clubs...in terms of revenue, wages, transfer fees spent, etc etc. The idea that we have been CL finalists is absolutely mental when you consider that a consistent 6th place finish is something we could be happy within, relative to the success of other clubs. Not denying that we shouldn’t be 6th best, more that there are a few other clubs that could have claimed it too had they run their club as well as we ran ours.

What Poch did is fudging epic. We should never forget it. CL FINALISTS!!!!!

Mourniho’s massive, ahead of the curve achievement was winning European trophies with Porto. But even since then, the game has changed. It’s money. The rich get richer. To continue to compete in this environment is a massive achievement and considering that we did it without a stadium is something that Poch near enough deserves a statue for in my view. He deserves the time to build his squad in this new era and to let the contract rebels go, and I think Levy is smart enough to give him that time.

20 years from now the idea that we got 86 points and came second should be seen as a massive achievement. As should a CL final. We’re on a completely different plane now. And that’s down to him. Let’s remember that. With the rich getting richer, a Super League gaining traction, it’s because it’s harder and harder to break the cartel. We did it. And that is an epic achievement in and of itself. Especially with the consistency we have shown to this point.
Great Post.
If the problem is the players whether that be contracts, attitude, whatever, then Poch deserves a lot of time to turn this around. If Poch wants to leave and is hiding it then that's a different matter and will need to be resolved. Whatever is the real problem behind the scenes I personally hope Poch wants to stay and finally wins a trophy that he's deserved up to this point. Won't be the league this year but even an FA Cup or somehow a Champions league would be very welcome.

This.

I am going to have to ban myself from here for a while soon.
I am getting so fudging tired of the negativity.

I want to see this place in May if he does (as I believe he will) turnout around.
Know that your positivity and overall opinions are much appreciated.

I too believe he can turn it around, but it's exactly that, a need to turn it around that makes people react. If it's not already a crisis it's getting close. People will react and I respect if the way people are reacting isn't what you need in your life right now. I for one would miss your input on here though.

Taking a step back we know that turning it around is a massive task, one that even great managers can fail at. Time will tell if Pochettino manages to do that. I will be forever grateful for everything he's done for the club regardless of what happens from here. I think I would surpass the character limitation on here if I was to give an extensive list of all the wonderful things he's done for us.

I think he's been getting some things wrong for a while now. He may well prove me wrong, I'm sure there are reasons for his decisions I will never know or comprehend. Performances and results in the league indicate that he's getting things wrong more often than he used to, he needs to find a way to break that spiral. It might be unfair, but he doesn't have all the time in the world to do that.

Steff, don’t get down on here bud, we disagree on many things but the key point is we agree on what’s important, both wanting success for THFC, we just differ in views on how this can happen.

I want to feel invested in the club mate and not feel despair about how I perceive to be our current direction of travel. Despite knowing good work has gone on before.

Might sound base but I no longer believe in Poch, his message, his motivations, the project was lost for me when he spoke of leaving as it all felt like a sham.

I now feel...fudge projects...I just want someone to raise us up and bring us glory.

You feel that’s Poch, I don’t, doesn’t matter to me who’s right or wrong in all honesty, because essentially we both want the same from our football and club...

To be entertained, feel emotionally invested in the highs and lows, to feel positively about the players and coaches, to be successful mate.

I think this is an interesting post. I have actually been thinking that people might have slightly different approaches to supporting a club - for some the managers and players seem to be seen as temporary servants to the club (and therefore also to the supporters), whereas for others they seem to be seen as part of the club (and therefore part of what we support). I think I’m more in the latter group, so am maybe more forgiving of Poch than others.

Back