• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Thank You

Nice post Dubai , it’s been a fun five years. Some massive highlights in it . The night in Amsterdam tops the lot for me that moment the ball hit the net in the 95th minute was amazing. My ten year old and I went ballistic together , it’s a moment I will cherish till the day I die , the pure joy that Spurs gave us.

That’s sad. But I can’t help but feel he’s been mentally checked out for a good year at least and that he really badly wanted out.

He just needed Levy to do the breaking up for him as he’s no good at walking away.

I started the Poch thread, five years ago.

With tears in my eyes, I guess it's time for me to end it.

Thank you, Mauricio Pochettino. For everything you ever did.

Thank you for taking over a broken club that was treading water, and going nowhere fast. Thank you for your bravery, in those early days under a warmer sun - thank you for clearing out all the players who never cared, for players who did. Thank you for blooding Ryan Mason, and Nabil Bentaleb, and a young Harry Kane, long before anyone believed in what he could really be. Thank you for coming close to glory, only to be denied at the death - a theme that would repeat itself in years to come. But thank you for giving us our pride back, in those heady days in 2015.

And then...and then. Thank you for bringing the Champions League back to White Hart Lane, for competing to the end with a team of hungry young lions who fought for each other and for every point - who bought a resilience back to this club that it had not seen for fifty long years. We were the villains in 2016, in a year when the story belonged to someone else - but goddamn it, were we proud of you and your boys for trying nonetheless.

And then...2017. Thank you for giving us the happiest year many of us have ever had, when we felt unbeatable - when the boys at Tottenham destroyed everyone, and showed the world what Spurs could do. When teams feared coming to our home - our one and only home, White Hart Lane. When we beat everyone, feared no-one, and dared to dream in an incredible time. Thank you for giving the old Lane the best send-off she could have had.

There were harder times after that. But thank you for taking us through our time away from our home, from the things we knew and loved. Thank you for being strong when we needed you to be - the leader we needed, when we needed him. Thank you for guiding us into the new stadium we now call home. Thank you for trying, despite all the odds against you, and despite all the years when you had to smile and make do with nothing while all the rivals around you spent millions chasing the titles you wanted to bring to Spurs so dearly. Thank you for those great nights, in all those great years - Real Madrid. Dortmund. City.

...and that night in Ajax, when we chased the lone spot of hope amidst a sea of black disappointment. And for one, magical moment..found it. For one magical night, the mice of Tottenham roared like lions, and all of us dared to dream.

Thank you for everything. Thank you for the good times, and for being the man who bought me back from the brink, on many, many levels. And, most importantly....thank you for being a good man. A good human being, who tried his best, never hid and was honest about his emotions through it all.

Godspeed, Mauricio Pochettino. Wherever you go, the memories of what you did will live on.

Five years ago, I started the Poch thread with a simple request - bring back the good times, please.

As I ponder tonight as to what exactly I feel about this club, all I can say is that you did what I had hoped for. You bought the good times back.

Thank you for that.

pochettino.tottenham.gioia.gruppo.2018.19.750x450.jpg

I’ve been feeling strangely cold about it all, but that post just did me, Dubai. Thanks for summing it up so beautifully. It was quite a ride.

That’s sad. But I can’t help but feel he’s been mentally checked out for a good year at least and that he really badly wanted out.

He just needed Levy to do the breaking up for him as he’s no good at walking away.

Agree totally. It’s the best thing for both parties, for sure. I hope he enjoys a few months off and picks up a big club at the start of next season...and we beat them in the CL Final after we both win our respective domestic leagues.

I’m hopIng that one day he will somehow end up back at Tottenham.Thank you Mauricio for everything you have done for the club, and for giving us fans some of the most beautiful memories that will be cherished until we die.

Last edited:
A bit of a shocker on how few of the players have posted anything about Poch on Social Media. By my count, only Gazza, Kane, Son, Dele, Winks, KWP, Foyth, and Sanchez posted about him. Not surprised about Vertonghen, Eriksen, and Alderweireld, but surprised that Lamela, Moura, Sissoko, Aurier, Dier, Wanyama, Rose, or any of the new lads said anything.

Not that they all should have or have to, but it does show me that maybe Poch wasn't quite as popular with the players as it seemed and give some credence to the articles about him being a bit of a misery the last year or so.

A bit of a shocker on how few of the players have posted anything about Poch on Social Media. By my count, only Gazza, Kane, Son, Dele, Winks, KWP, Foyth, and Sanchez posted about him. Not surprised about Vertonghen, Eriksen, and Alderweireld, but surprised that Lamela, Moura, Sissoko, Aurier, Dier, Wanyama, Rose, or any of the new lads said anything.

Not that they all should have or have to, but it does show me that maybe Poch wasn't quite as popular with the players as it seemed and give some credence to the articles about him being a bit of a misery the last year or so.

Team captain Lloris is silent as well ! I think most of the players must be too worried about their future under Mourinho to think about Pochettino now. Or maybe they feel guilty about letting Pochettino down with their poor performances this season.

Team captain Lloris is silent as well ! I think most of the players must be too worried about their future under Mourinho to think about Pochettino now. Or maybe they feel guilty about letting Pochettino down with their poor performances this season.

This probably paid part whatever their issues with Poch

Back