• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

So do I, but when there's a thread on here asking why Sky coverage of Spurs always centers on the fact that our best players are going to leave for the 'real big clubs', maybe we should look inward. We allow that perception to manifest if we genuinely worry that Man United of 2017 could steal our manager. The game has changed.

I mostly agree with you and have said that Poch isn't going anywhere for at least a couple of more years, but I don't think its wise to be so complacent and believe Man Utd isn't a big draw even for someone like Poch. They are financially gigantic, they can afford anyone they want, and of course it's true that Poch is not a cheque book manager but Utd are still a club that believes in bringing through the kids as an underlying philosophy which would be attractive to Poch. Plus his great hero Ferguson is still influential at the club. It would be the ideal scenario for Poch, the support to build a young homegrown base but still have the unlimited funds to buy one or two superstars who of course would have to have the right attitude.

However I believe he loves Spurs right now and he has such a fantastic group of lads to work with. This, the new stadium and the training facilities all add together to make him want to stay no matter who comes in for him.

I mostly agree with you and have said that Poch isn't going anywhere for at least a couple of more years, but I don't think its wise to be so complacent and believe Man Utd isn't a big draw even for someone like Poch. They are financially gigantic, they can afford anyone they want, and of course it's true that Poch is not a cheque book manager but Utd are still a club that believes in bringing through the kids as an underlying philosophy which would be attractive to Poch. Plus his great hero Ferguson is still influential at the club. It would be the ideal scenario for Poch, the support to build a young homegrown base but still have the unlimited funds to buy one or two superstars who of course would have to have the right attitude.

However I believe he loves Spurs right now and he has such a fantastic group of lads to work with. This, the new stadium and the training facilities all add together to make him want to stay no matter who comes in for him.

Literally not worried about United at all. In 3 years, Poch has well and truly got his team, his youth set up, his culture in the club. He's in the new stadium, he's got the best training ground around, and a squad full of players that are loyal to him. And he's going to United for what? To do it all again? For a bigger transfer budget? It would be all so utterly pointless, particularly for a guy that genuinely seems different and focused on showing loyalty like Poch.

He's at the perfect club for him and he knows it. The fact that he's not a cheque-book manager is massive. It would make no odds to him that he'd have more money to spend, when it would mean shoe-horning a superstar into the side at the expense of team unity. United is now a club that wants to show off their brand and make statement signings. They should have gone for Poch instead of LVG. If he went, they would have got someone awesome and probably the true heir to Fergie in terms of how to run the club. Now? He's found his true home. It's too late for United.

If for some reason Levy and Poch fall out, then I'd be worried. If we give him any reason to question our loyalty to him, I'd be worried. The delicate balance for us is keeping that relationship working. Levy managing performance and doing well with the strategy of the club, and trusting Poch when appropriate and going against him where appropriate (as sometimes Levy will know best).

I'd also be concerned if we move to our new stadium and need to adapt our strategy to paying bigger wages and maybe attracting a higher caliber of player (otherwise, no point in moving). Can Poch adapt to that? When the expectation will be to sign a star, relatively speaking? When our players are getting paid closer to top dollar and aren't as motivated by the bond, the journey, but by the expectations of being genuinely top players and recognised as such. That will be a test for him and so far he's shown he can be adaptable, but it will be a different sort of environment for him.

As long as we keep to the program we have followed over the last few seasons then i see no reason why he would want to leave, That means we do not go around buying the biggest stars in the game and throwing big money in wages at them. I do believe he has a plan and so far its going well ( faster then he thought it would be).

Not sure if its been said enough ..

Congrats Poch, well fudging done, making Spurs a side no one wanted to play against, then turning that into a side teams fear. Hull didn't want to play us, they saw what happened to Leicester, when sides fear/respect you, it can often be a self fulfilling prophecy because the margins at the top are so slim.

Not sure if its been said enough ..

Congrats Poch, well fudging done, making Spurs a side no one wanted to play against, then turning that into a side teams fear. Hull didn't want to play us, they saw what happened to Leicester, when sides fear/respect you, it can often be a self fulfilling prophecy because the margins at the top are so slim.
True. United players said that in the 90s teams would cower at the back waiting to be butchered, it was so f--------g easy for them to win games

As long as we keep to the program we have followed over the last few seasons then i see no reason why he would want to leave, That means we do not go around buying the biggest stars in the game and throwing big money in wages at them. I do believe he has a plan and so far its going well ( faster then he thought it would be).

Everything I've seen and heard from Poch makes me believe he is here for the very long term. He won't go to a club that buys success I believe as he is first and foremost a coach so that write off Madrid, Chelsea, City and United (but PSG could be one as he has history there). That then leaves Barca and Bayern as options but he has been open about why he wouldn't go to Barca, so that leaves Bayern who generally favour managers who have won things first. So that leaves Arsenal as an option and he aint going there. So its PSG or Bayern if he leaves and were arguably as attractive as PSG.

7/10 for poch! Hahahahahhaa. To think that someone pays him to write this drivel.

What an absolute to$$er

before the season started Mcnulty predicted Spurs would finish 5th.....We finished 2nd, scored the most and conceded the least, finished the season with a Spurs PL record 86 pts, played amazing football along the way, and this tw@t gives Poch a 7/10???????

Prat !!

What an absolute to$$er

before the season started Mcnulty predicted Spurs would finish 5th.....We finished 2nd, scored the most and conceded the least, finished the season with a Spurs PL record 86 pts, played amazing football along the way, and this tw@t gives Poch a 7/10???????

Prat !!

Yeah, doesn't make any sense what so ever. He gives koeman and klopp the same rating!

7/10 for poch! Hahahahahhaa. To think that someone pays him to write this drivel.

And then our own fans say when we complain about media coverage we are whinning ...

Honestly, I saw it on BBC earlier and shook my head, 7/10? on what fudging planet is Spur's season a 7/10? if Jose did exactly the same season as Poch, with his billion dollar side, those assholes would have given him a 11/10

Not just based on that brick, but how the flying fudge did mcnulty get that job. Never read anything that suggests he knows FA about anything.

7/10 is ridiculous!
Just 1 more than Moaninho/Guardiola who spent sh*t loads of money and were supposed to challenge for the title. The first one finished 6th and the second one secured CL spot only in the final game LOL

Poch should be 8/10 at minimum, probably on par with Conte.
Despite not winning a title, which was won by a team, that spent more money during summer transfer window, didn't play in Europe and as result had the fewest amount of injury days among all top teams by a mile (something around 370 in comparison with our ~800), Poch defenitely overachieved and broke numerous club records.

7/10 is ridiculous!
Just 1 more than Moaninho/Guardiola who spent sh*t loads of money and were supposed to challenge for the title. The first one finished 6th and the second one secured CL spot only in the final game LOL

Poch should be 8/10 at minimum, probably on par with Conte.
Despite not winning a title, which was won by a team, that spent more money during summer transfer window, didn't play in Europe and as result had the fewest amount of injury days among all top teams by a mile (something around 370 in comparison with our ~800), Poch defenitely overachieved and broke numerous club records.
My boss made the argument at work that Man U would have had a better season than us if they win the Europa League on top of the League Cup and its hard to disagree really. Of course its great what Poch is doing on relatively limited resources, but ultimately it is about winning trophies.....

My boss made the argument at work that Man U would have had a better season than us if they win the Europa League on top of the League Cup and its hard to disagree really. Of course its great what Poch is doing on relatively limited resources, but ultimately it is about winning trophies.....

I can accept that. Maybe even Arsenal too, depending on the outcome at the weekend.

But Guardiola had an appalling season and would have been sacked if it wasn't for the PR machine around him.

I can accept that. Maybe even Arsenal too, depending on the outcome at the weekend.

But Guardiola had an appalling season and would have been sacked if it wasn't for the PR machine around him.
I don't think he would have been sacked regardless. Guardiola has a unique brand of football that isn't necessarily possible to convey in one season and I think their board recognise that. Look at Poch, I don't think we was properly playing as he demanded in his first season.
Next season is the acid test for him, and they still came third in the league - it wasn't exactly disastrous. And id be very worried about them next season, their forwards look ridiculously dangerous and if he adds a couple of defenders which is expected they could well be favourites.....

Back