• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Poch must feel really positive tonight.

He was seriously tinkled off at the end of last season and it grated on him all summer the way we finished so lamely.

Fast forward 12 months. Not only has he let them know his feelings, he must of delivered it in such a manner that not only do they fear letting him down, they actually don't want to. It's another lesson they've learnt and turned it around to the maximum.

We're gradually ticking off the things you can't be doing if you wanna be champions.

Everydays a school day with Poch and he's a mighty fine teacher.

You might well be right - it's just that Poch staying, winning things and building a legacy is something so incredibly optimistic that I feel instinctively scared of it. It shouldn't happen to us - we're not a club that has things like that happen to us. Surely not. It can't be. It'll all come crashing down any day now. Surely. Etcetera, etcetera. :p

As Daisuk says, if Poch isn't going to Barca, and his entire philosophy is completely at odds with Real, who do we fear losing him to? Maybe Bayern, but a club nicknamed FC Hollywood doesn't exactly scream a great fit to me, although coaches with a high team orientation like LVG have done ok there.

Other than that...Juve? Why bother? Chelsea or Arsenal? Of course not? Man United or Emirates Marketing Project? Again, both now seem to be concerned with making signings for signings sake to prove their 'brand'. He's at the perfect club for him and probably knows it.

I think we'll lose him to Argentina in about ten to fifteen years. He can be our Wenger, turning down offers elsewhere because he believes in the project of building the club. If we have one of the best stadiums, the best training grounds and one of the best squads, he's got nothing to look outside for as long as Levy pays him well.

As Daisuk says, if Poch isn't going to Barca, and his entire philosophy is completely at odds with Real, who do we fear losing him to? Maybe Bayern, but a club nicknamed FC Hollywood doesn't exactly scream a great fit to me, although coaches with a high team orientation like LVG have done ok there.

Other than that...Juve? Why bother? Chelsea or Arsenal? Of course not? Man United or Emirates Marketing Project? Again, both now seem to be concerned with making signings for signings sake to prove their 'brand'. He's at the perfect club for him and probably knows it.

I think we'll lose him to Argentina in about ten to fifteen years. He can be our Wenger, turning down offers elsewhere because he believes in the project of building the club. If we have one of the best stadiums, the best training grounds and one of the best squads, he's got nothing to look outside for as long as Levy pays him well.
The early-years Wenger, revolutionary silverware-winning Wenger, not the outmoded dinosaur blind moany cvnt Wenger.

I love the way that you always look for the positives. Let's not worry too far into the future. Poch has made it pretty clear that he'll see us into the new stadium and that'll do for me. Longer term, he'll either leave us for a bigger job or get sacked because performances have dropped.

I love the way that you always look for the positives. Let's not worry too far into the future. Poch has made it pretty clear that he'll see us into the new stadium and that'll do for me. Longer term, he'll either leave us for a bigger job or get sacked because performances have dropped.

What's the bigger job though? The only one I'd be really concerned about is Barca in a few years but since he won't do that, I'm not really too worried. If we've become a truly top club by any reasonable measure, he will want for nothing.

What's the bigger job though? The only one I'd be really concerned about is Barca in a few years but since he won't do that, I'm not really too worried. If we've become a truly top club by any reasonable measure, he will want for nothing.

I hope that you are right and that he has a long and successful stay with us. It is rare for a manager to do that, so I wouldn't really look beyond the next couple of seasons.

Unless something catastrophic happens then we will have Poch for at least two more seasons. I am convinced we will be winning things by then, at which point there won't be too many jobs worth moving for.

I could see utd sniffing around post mourinho

See this is the kind of thinking that gets me about our fan base. I said it in the 'race for 86 points' thread a few months ago. It was called the race for the top 4 rather than the race for the title, and I wanted to know why that was. We were the closest challengers, but its almost like lots of people couldn't believe we would sustain our form, despite what we achieved last season.

Similarly, being worried about Man United plays into that exact style of thinking. There's absolutely no reason for Poch to go there if we are consistently finishing above them in the table. He has everything he needs, to his liking, right here. And the Manager who the club is built around is the one person Levy will likely pay top wages for.

This is why pundits will always question whether we can hold on to our top players...we don't even believe we can either!! The game has changed. This is not 2006. We're going to have a top stadium, a top squad and a top training ground. There is no need for anyone to leave us to go to Man United, unless we want to force them there. Anyone that is valued by us ain't going there.

See this is the kind of thinking that gets me about our fan base. I said it in the 'race for 86 points' thread a few months ago. It was called the race for the top 4 rather than the race for the title, and I wanted to know why that was. We were the closest challengers, but its almost like lots of people couldn't believe we would sustain our form, despite what we achieved last season.

Similarly, being worried about Man United plays into that exact style of thinking. There's absolutely no reason for Poch to go there if we are consistently finishing above them in the table. He has everything he needs, to his liking, right here. And the Manager who the club is built around is the one person Levy will likely pay top wages for.

This is why pundits will always question whether we can hold on to our top players...we don't even believe we can either!! The game has changed. This is not 2006. We're going to have a top stadium, a top squad and a top training ground. There is no need for anyone to leave us to go to Man United, unless we want to force them there. Anyone that is valued by us ain't going there.
Relax mate. I'm not worried. I'm too laid back for all that nonsense . All I said was I could see it happening

Unless something catastrophic happens then we will have Poch for at least two more seasons. I am convinced we will be winning things by then, at which point there won't be too many jobs worth moving for.

He's been talking about taking the team into the new stadium in interviews recently, so it seems likely that he'll be with us for at least another couple of years.

It was because we were taking the tinkle after people got het up over thread title changes last season.

As long as we are progressing, I think he will be with us for a long time yet. You don't build a legacy in a handful of seasons - which is what he has said he wants to do. I also recall something about him saying he wants to build a team of young English players (I might not have that quite right). He has stated his managerial ambitions to be Newells Old Boys and Argentina. Bar a falling out with Levy, I can't see him being easily tempted away anywhere else.
Of course things can change. But I'm confident he won't be going anywhere for a good number of years.

As long as we are progressing, I think he will be with us for a long time yet. You don't build a legacy in a handful of seasons - which is what he has said he wants to do. I also recall something about him saying he wants to build a team of young English players (I might not have that quite right). He has stated his managerial ambitions to be Newells Old Boys and Argentina. Bar a falling out with Levy, I can't see him being easily tempted away anywhere else.
Of course things can change. But I'm confident he won't be going anywhere for a good number of years.
I agree. Poch has built his reputation on rebuilding less fashionable clubs. The only thing that could tempt him away will be a huge pay rise. Levy can tie him up by making him a financial offer that will make him want to stay.

It was because we were taking the tinkle after people got het up over thread title changes last season.

I made this post months back before the jokes on the thread title change started. It was a serious point. We need to start acting like we are fans of a proper big club. Otherwise it's way too much stress and it's not grounded in reality!

Everyone's different. And in the football world it's easy to think many peoples motivation revolves around money and ego.

Not so sure with Poch. He appears a man of beliefs, morals and an appreciation of the nuances of the game beyond the pitch.

I think he's completely aware that the managers that are legends built their legacies over long periods and virtually from the ground up. That's reflected in the way he builds his teams.

I also think he probably enjoys that things are 'going on' at the club. A fantastic training facility to utilise, managing a team at the national stadium, losing a 100yr old stadium with all its history while being in charge while the new behemoth rises up behind it. With him, the chosen one to create glorious new beginnings.

It offers so much to him. By all accounts,him and Levy are very much aligned, bordering on being perfect for each other. Look at what goes on at other clubs and the nonsense surrounding them and from top to bottom we offer exactly the environment that Poch works best in.

Edit: and no it won't be about money. Poch will be rich whatever happens.

I made this post months back before the jokes on the thread title change started. It was a serious point. We need to start acting like we are fans of a proper big club. Otherwise it's way too much stress and it's not grounded in reality!

I think that not taking ourselves too seriously is a good thing.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Poch thinks we are ahead of schedule in terms of how he expected the team to be performing. He obviously had/has a plan, vision, so that says to me he is thinking of being at the club for a number of years to come. He has even bought time for himself if for example we have an average season and slip out of the top 4, his job will not be on the line and he will be given chances to put things right.

Player recruitment and not selling players Poch believes are vital are the crucial parts imo. As long as he and Levy are in sync regarding these aspects then Poch will be a happy guy.

I think that not taking ourselves too seriously is a good thing.

So do I, but when there's a thread on here asking why Sky coverage of Spurs always centers on the fact that our best players are going to leave for the 'real big clubs', maybe we should look inward. We allow that perception to manifest if we genuinely worry that Man United of 2017 could steal our manager. The game has changed.

Back