• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

DAB2vAcXsAEOMGT.jpg

Well, hopefully the Leicester game put to bed a bunch of bollox

- Poch's teams always run out of steam at end of season
- We can't keep playing when it's a dead rubber
- We struggle away from home

That was a fudging statement win, blew away last season's champions when there was nothing to play for.

We will be back next season motherfudgers!!!

Well, hopefully the Leicester game put to bed a bunch of bollox

- Poch's teams always run out of steam at end of season
- We can't keep playing when it's a dead rubber
- We struggle away from home

That was a fudging statement win, blew away last season's champions when there was nothing to play for.

We will be back next season motherfudgers!!!
I agree, but the plural of bollox is not "bunch". It is scrotum.

The thing I have to give Poch most credit for is for rebuilding my pride in Tottenham. Like most, I suffered through the Shreeves, Gross, Graham, Pleat etc. years but still loved watching Tottenham. When Poch came, like many on here, I was disillusioned with the team after AVB and Sherwood. A team of gutless wonders and complete rogues. Maybe it was me getting older or maybe we just had a shower of c**ts but I was starting to not care about Tottenham. I'd still eagerly await the results but it just wasn't the same.

I guess that started to change around the time we whacked Chelsea 5-3 and you could see what Poch was trying to do with Spurs (up to that, he'd seemed to be not much better than AVB).

He's done an amazing job. This is by far the best Tottenham side I've seen and the one I enjoy the most. We've not spent a fortune and we've given youth a chance. The last two seasons have been unbelievable. That's all on Poch.

The mentality of full throttle from the first whistle of the first game to the final whistle of the final game is extraordinary.

He's Magic, you know.

Alex Ferguson on Poch:

"He's got a lot of youth in his team, which augurs well for the future. I believe in that, I've believed in (bringing through) youth all my life.

"The value is two-fold. One, they'll always remember the person who gave them their start in life, and secondly, they create a loyalty base that is there for life. The young players we had coming through still keep in touch with me, and that is an indication of how well it works.

"I don't think short-termism works, I really don't. I think there are teams that can buy all the time and remain successful, but on a general theme, I don't think short-termism works. With Tottenham, to me, it looks like there is a long-termism there, they're building something that looks pretty good."

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...rguson-on-the-top-six-premier-league-managers

---

My favorite new word - long-termism. :D

Alex Ferguson on Poch:

"The value is two-fold. One, they'll always remember the person who gave them their start in life, and secondly, they create a loyalty base that is there for life. The young players we had coming through still keep in touch with me, and that is an indication of how well it works.

My favorite new word - long-termism. :D

That's not entirely reassuring, because, as he points out, it's loyalty to *him* - not necessarily to Manchester United, although that normally comes with the territory. The same thing is undoubtedly now the case at our club - a lot of our boys owe their burgeoning careers to Poch. We have two options to keep that loyalty healthy and productive for the club as a whole - keep Poch here for as long as it takes to make him identify with the club to the extent that SAF is identified with United, or try to emphasize to the players that their loyalty should be to the club, not the coach (a losing proposition, probably).

The problem with an inspiring coach building a loyal cadre is that they tend to want to leave when the coach leaves - *especially* when he moves upward, as is extremely likely to be the case with Poch when the time comes. We really need to delay that into the 2020's if we want to keep this bunch together.

That's not entirely reassuring, because, as he points out, it's loyalty to *him* - not necessarily to Manchester United, although that normally comes with the territory. The same thing is undoubtedly now the case at our club - a lot of our boys owe their burgeoning careers to Poch. We have two options to keep that loyalty healthy and productive for the club as a whole - keep Poch here for as long as it takes to make him identify with the club to the extent that SAF is identified with United, or try to emphasize to the players that their loyalty should be to the club, not the coach (a losing proposition, probably).

The problem with an inspiring coach building a loyal cadre is that they tend to want to leave when the coach leaves - *especially* when he moves upward, as is extremely likely to be the case with Poch when the time comes. We really need to delay that into the 2020's if we want to keep this bunch together.

I imagine if can keep Poch until we start seeing some serious money come in from the stadium, give him some more cash, give the players some more cash, then ... what reason would there be to leave if everything is going well? He's basically ruled himself out of ever managing Barcelona. No one in their right mind, at least not with Poch's philosophy, would want to coach Real Madrid. Germany, nah, two/three team league. Italy, surely not. That leaves the other English clubs. Could he ditch us for City or United down the line? Maybe. Hopefully we'll be able to build a loyalty bond with him over the next few years, make it clear to him where he belongs. Then he can retire to coach his beloved Newell's Old Boys in 2045 or something. :p :D

I imagine if can keep Poch until we start seeing some serious money come in from the stadium, give him some more cash, give the players some more cash, then ... what reason would there be to leave if everything is going well? He's basically ruled himself out of ever managing Barcelona. No one in their right mind, at least not with Poch's philosophy, would want to coach Real Madrid. Germany, nah, two/three team league. Italy, surely not. That leaves the other English clubs. Could he ditch us for City or United down the line? Maybe. Hopefully we'll be able to build a loyalty bond with him over the next few years, make it clear to him where he belongs. Then he can retire to coach his beloved Newell's Old Boys in 2045 or something. :p :D

You might well be right - it's just that Poch staying, winning things and building a legacy is something so incredibly optimistic that I feel instinctively scared of it. It shouldn't happen to us - we're not a club that has things like that happen to us. Surely not. It can't be. It'll all come crashing down any day now. Surely. Etcetera, etcetera. :p

You might well be right - it's just that Poch staying, winning things and building a legacy is something so incredibly optimistic that I feel instinctively scared of it. It shouldn't happen to us - we're not a club that has things like that happen to us. Surely not. It can't be. It'll all come crashing down any day now. Surely. Etcetera, etcetera. :p

Haha, i know how it feels. I have that too. "We don't deserve this, so it won't happen". Oh, but it will! :D

Back