• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

That's a bit like saying "that was a great race because up until the last 100 yards you could have won it". You may be happy with nearly, I am not. I was brought up to believe that the only position is first, everything else is failure. Of course, I am realistic and don't expect Spurs to win everything, but I will not hail a manager as successful until he has won the club silverware. As much as I liked Arry I still don't consider him as successful. That said, he wasn't failure either, and at present that is exactly how I would describe Poch. Arry had potential until Levy got rid of him, I just have a feeling he will do the same with Poch if he doesn't win anything soon.

Here is a quote for you. It is from Danny Blanchflower. Given how you've stated you are 'old' I suspect you might 'possibly' remember the words. They pretty much cover what makes us Tottenham Hotspur supporters. I actually feel sorry for you mate, because your needle-narrow parameters appear to possibly get in the way of enjoying life. Anyway...

“The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom.”

Last edited:
I see PSG are rumoured to be interested in Poch for the future.

I know its just specualtion but he loves that club and if an offer does come in within the next couple of years can you see him going?

I see PSG are rumoured to be interested in Poch for the future.

I know its just specualtion but he loves that club and if an offer does come in within the next couple of years can you see him going?

It depends on whether moving to a less prestigious domestic league in order to manage a club with better Champions League prospects appeals. It feels a bit like a semi-retirement job to me.

Here is a quote for you. It is from Danny Blanchflower. Given how you've stated you are 'old' I suspect you might 'possibly' remember the words. They pretty much cover what makes us Tottenham Hotspur supporters. I actually feel sorry for you mate, because your needle-narrow parameters appear to possibly get in the way of enjoying life. Anyway...

“The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom.

The antithesis to Mou at Utd!

Absolute rubbish. Yes we have moved on considerably since the days of Ramos, albeit he won us the last trophy. Harry had us playing great football and took us to the CL quarter finals, something Poch has found totally out of his reach. Since Arry we have been a top six side, and to give Poch his credit he has kept us there. Last year we won nothing, bottled it out of three competitions and finished behind Arsenal after our best chance ever of avoiding St Tottinghams day. In short, last season was a complete disaster, and this season has a long way to go. Who knows, we may win the FA cup and come second, in which case I will bow down to everyone's greater knowledge. I don't expect to much from a club which spends almost nothing on signings, but the fact is our first 11 are very good. Anything less than 2nd or the FA cup, and I want him out, SIMPLES

I actually think your post is absolute rubbish. Under Jol, spurs finished fifth twice before getting the sack. Ramos came in and finished 11th. He got sacked the next season with Harry coming in and finishing 8th. The next season under Harry we finish 4th. Then 5th. Then 4th. Then 5th under AVB. Then 6th with Timmy.

Poch then finishes 5th, and then 3rd.

My point? Before Ramos we were a top 6 side. In his one season we then finished 11th. Harry then gets us going with 3 successive seasons finishing in the top 5. He goes, top 5 under AVB and then 6th under Timmy.

So who has got us out highest position out of all of them? Why didn't you expect Harry to finish higher than 4th, or AVB? Neither of them won a trophy either.

I think you have established yourself as a WUM. Anything less than second or the FA Cup then out. I think you should be the one to leave.

For me this might look unambitious but I take my glory from individual actions of the club, we beat WBA 4-0 I take that as glory because it sure beats drawing or losing, I will go to todays game and take glory from the game if we win again.

Last season we won 19 games to 6 losses and this season we sit on 16-3, so ultimately the team provides me with more moments of individual glory than otherwise, it would be nice to end the season with a bit or metal that signifies overall success but if you don't take the individual victories for what they are you beg the question "why bother paying to watch individual games if you don't extract what is actually really positive about that game". If you don't feel any sense of glory at being a well run better than most second in the table team in the modern game that is more competitive than ever then you might as well save your money, sit at home and hope to read the end of season stats hoping we won something.

People state the likes of Wigan and Swansea winning the league cup recently etc but I support a club that is fundamentally and factually a great club in ever outlet than either of those two, so what does the league cup change about that?

Whats the saying, not what your club can do for you, its what you can do for the club and thats my fundamentals considering its an organic love that makes me support Spurs and its my choice to pay my money to go to games, the club owes me nothing and I owe no one an explanation for being positive about the club I support and I certainly don't apologize for supporting a manager who is a success every day he goes to work, whose good days far outweigh his bad and also one that shows more class than the pieces of trash like Mourinho who is allowed to tear the game down with their terrible words against fans, officials, players and their unspeakable actions like poking people in the eye and it being overlooked all because they have won trophies.

Do me an absolute favor, I won't sell my soul for success.

For me this might look unambitious but I take my glory from individual actions of the club, we beat WBA 4-0 I take that as glory because it sure beats drawing or losing, I will go to todays game and take glory from the game if we win again.

Last season we won 19 games to 6 losses and this season we sit on 16-3, so ultimately the team provides me with more moments of individual glory than otherwise, it would be nice to end the season with a bit or metal that signifies overall success but if you don't take the individual victories for what they are you beg the question "why bother paying to watch individual games if you don't extract what is actually really positive about that game". If you don't feel any sense of glory at being a well run better than most second in the table team in the modern game that is more competitive than ever then you might as well save your money, sit at home and hope to read the end of season stats hoping we won something.

People state the likes of Wigan and Swansea winning the league cup recently etc but I support a club that is fundamentally and factually a great club in ever outlet than either of those two, so what does the league cup change about that?

Whats the saying, not what your club can do for you, its what you can do for the club and thats my fundamentals considering its an organic love that makes me support Spurs and its my choice to pay my money to go to games, the club owes me nothing and I owe no one an explanation for being positive about the club I support and I certainly don't apologize for supporting a manager who is a success every day he goes to work, whose good days far outweigh his bad and also one that shows more class than the pieces of trash like Mourinho who is allowed to tear the game down with their terrible words against fans, officials, players and their unspeakable actions like poking people in the eye and it being overlooked all because they have won trophies.

Do me an absolute favor, I won't sell my soul for success.

AGREED!

It started :/
http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/cumbre-bartomeu-pochettino-barcelona-5923017

Hopefully it's only the first round of speculations and Barca will go for Kuman this summer.

Maybe it's the scars of Campbell, Arnesen, Berbatov, Keane, Modric and Bale but I've got a horrible feeling about this one.

Barca are not nearly as crazy as Madrid either when it comes to managers so it could be a very attractive proposition to Poch if he's offered the job.

It started :/
http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/cumbre-bartomeu-pochettino-barcelona-5923017

Hopefully it's only the first round of speculations and Barca will go for Kuman this summer.

Josep Maria Bartomeu and Mauricio Pochettino met a couple of days ago in a central restaurant in Barcelona. A meeting that coincides in a delicate moment of the season in which FC Barcelona is still pending to communicate the future substitute Luis Enrique to the front of the bench Barca.

Barça president Bartomeu has been kept out of speculation about the first-team coach next season and has avoided entering the names dance. However, in various football teams, Mauricio Pochettino has been postulated as a serious contender to take over from Luis Enrique.

Tottenham's Premier League season is spectacular and currently occupies second place in the standings just behind Chelsea . An endorsement that has allowed the name of Pochettino to be associated with any vacancy in one of the banks of the great European clubs. To this must be added that the Argentine technician maintains his residence in Barcelona.

From England, however, it is insisted that Pochettino will not abandon the Tottenham project at the moment when the club wants to take a step to position itself among the big ones with the construction of a new stadium.

Surely Conte should be the go to manager of the moment?

In many ways Poch would be a better fit. He has ties to Barcelona (the city) where Conte has none, he's at a club that probably pays less than Barca (unlike Conte) and he speaks the language. Barca also don't always go for the most obvious/successful on paper candidate.

F**k this anyway. Even if there's nothing in it, it'll have me worried until the start of next season.

Your not reading my posts properly. Because we will not win the league this season doesn't mean I don't want 2nd position. There are different degrees of failure, as failure isn't black and white. Finishing 2nd would not make me happy, but I would be less unhappy than if we finished 3rd. If all the supporters are just happy with top four, top four is the best we will ever get. It's down to us lot to demand the earth for the price of our season tickets. Our average prices are the 2nd highest in the world (after Arsenal) yet it would appear so many on here are content on winning nothing, perhaps it's because most on here don't actually spend any money following Spurs. Look at that lot up the road. They have finished top four since the beginning of the prem, won the double, gone a season without losing a game, and have won more FA cups than us (especially recently) however many of them want to see the back of Wenger. We appear to be the flip side of the coin, finish 3rd one year when the other top sides don't perform, and our manager is a footballing GHod. I honestly believe that so many on here have forgot how great our club used to be, and have now forgotten how to be ambitious. Like I said before, I don't expect Spurs to take the world by storm, but let's not be happy with an FA cup semi final and finishing 4th, we deserve more than that.
(Some of) the Arsenal fans want Wenger out, buy that is because they are on the way down now (on what side of the Wenger in/out fence do you stand by the way?).... The days of winning the league and double and going unbeaten are becoming a distant memory for The Woolwich Wanderers. The fans see that their position as being undisputedly the 2nd best team in the country and occasionally being one place higher than that, fast turned into one of being undisputedly the 4th best team in the country, then eroding even further to being 'just about' the fourth best team in the country and now perhaps on the verge of slipping even further than that.

On the flip side we have transitioned from a position of being mid table (at best) also rans during Arsenal's real period of dominance, to become a consistent top 6 team, edging closer and closer to their level. Our trajectory has clearly been an upward one over the past 8 years or so, while theirs has clearly been a downward one.

In the financial markets there is a saying that you should never sell while the value of a stock is going up and never buy when the value of a stock is going down. It is the same in this scenario. Why on earth would we be anything other than pleased with a manager who has our stock going up? Arsenal, on the other hand, have already hit their peak price some time ago and are steadily falling away from that.

I think you have also seriously underestimated how hard it is to jump from being the 5th/6th best team to establishing yourself as one of the best 3 or 4 teams. It is incredibly difficult. There are 5 other clubs in the league who have both a transfer budget and wage bill that dwarf ours. Pochettino has us punching WELL above our weight.

I can see why you are so keen for us to get rid of Pochettino as it must scare the hell out of you that we are already able to compete with him at the helm despite our significant financial handicap compared to the other top 6 teams. You must therefore be absolutely petrified of what will happen to Spurs under Pochettino as the financial tables are turned and we are able to compete with your beloved Woolwich Nomads on a more equal financial footing.

Last edited:
Back