• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Younes Kaboul still does not understand why Mauricio Pochettino froze him out at Tottenham and stopped talking to him.

The French defender started the first 11 Premier League games of the season two years ago – after being made Spurs captain – but then did not play another league game, only appearing in the FA Cup and a Europa League dead rubber.

Kaboul claims that Pochettino never gave him an explanation, telling the Daily Mail: “The end was not okay. Because the manager disrespected me, 100 per cent.

“When Mauricio first came we had a very nice, human, man-to-man kind of respect. And then something happened and I don’t know what it was.

“I got injured and then he didn’t talk to me anymore. Then he was not putting me in the squad for no reason. One game, two games, three games, and that was strange for me because I am supposed to be his captain.

“I’m not saying because I’m his captain I need to play, no, no, no. If I am not good enough to play I am not playing. But you have to respect players, to talk to them and explain why they’re not playing.

“After a few games I went to see him, to ask what was happening. I needed to understand because clearly he wasn’t talking to me. But he said: ‘There’s nothing, I’ve got nothing to say to you’.

“I asked him to put himself in my position. He was a captain at good clubs like Paris Saint-Germain where his manager was Luis Fernandez, a very good manager. I said: ‘How would you feel if he dropped you with no reasons’. And he said: ‘It was different’.

“After that I shook his hand and we stopped talking to each other. That was the end. I’m still waiting to find out why.”

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/former-tottenham-defender-slams-disrespectful-pochettino

That sounds a bit odd, to be honest. More like the sort of accusations levelled at AVB than the stuff you'd expect players to accuse Poch of.

Younes Kaboul still does not understand why Mauricio Pochettino froze him out at Tottenham and stopped talking to him.

The French defender started the first 11 Premier League games of the season two years ago – after being made Spurs captain – but then did not play another league game, only appearing in the FA Cup and a Europa League dead rubber.

Kaboul claims that Pochettino never gave him an explanation, telling the Daily Mail: “The end was not okay. Because the manager disrespected me, 100 per cent.

“When Mauricio first came we had a very nice, human, man-to-man kind of respect. And then something happened and I don’t know what it was.

“I got injured and then he didn’t talk to me anymore. Then he was not putting me in the squad for no reason. One game, two games, three games, and that was strange for me because I am supposed to be his captain.

“I’m not saying because I’m his captain I need to play, no, no, no. If I am not good enough to play I am not playing. But you have to respect players, to talk to them and explain why they’re not playing.

“After a few games I went to see him, to ask what was happening. I needed to understand because clearly he wasn’t talking to me. But he said: ‘There’s nothing, I’ve got nothing to say to you’.

“I asked him to put himself in my position. He was a captain at good clubs like Paris Saint-Germain where his manager was Luis Fernandez, a very good manager. I said: ‘How would you feel if he dropped you with no reasons’. And he said: ‘It was different’.

“After that I shook his hand and we stopped talking to each other. That was the end. I’m still waiting to find out why.”

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/former-tottenham-defender-slams-disrespectful-pochettino

Well I hope he understands now!!

glad that he has added the cross to his playbook. and pushing walker and rose higher to take advantage of their individual skills instead of just sticking to a system. we were so driven to play the ball on the ground in a fixed formation initially when poch started with us it still got boring at times even though we were winning.
he is growing as a manager. glad the new stadium is on the horizon. THFC Project Part II will be a good way to motivate his to stay and give his best.

Liked the way we were constantly bombarding Chelsea from all angles, with some long balls thrown in, so that Chelsea were constantly preoccupied with snuffing out danger.
AKA Orgy Football©. You know you're going to get it, but you're not sure from who or where.

Last edited:
I like the way we are developing as a club, team and individuals. To build a lasting project you must start with a solid foundation and as you progress you can add piece to improve the overall performance. In the last few games I've noticed a greater self belief in the players, originally I thought it was because we were playing teams that we were better than, but last night convinced me we are capable of throwing off that "sexy" image and be a dominant force in the league. This is down to him and his relationship with Levy, two ruthless men with the same goals.

I like the way we are developing as a club, team and individuals. To build a lasting project you must start with a solid foundation and as you progress you can add piece to improve the overall performance. In the last few games I've noticed a greater self belief in the players, originally I thought it was because we were playing teams that we were better than, but last night convinced me we are capable of throwing off that "sexy" image and be a dominant force in the league. This is down to him and his relationship with Levy, two ruthless men with the same goals.

Its been organic growth under Poch, you can see it when you step back.

2014/15 - clear out the deadwood, promote youth. Mixed results but you could see sporadic progress - reaching a cup final and in particular the performances against Chelsea & Arsenal at home. Against both we played the kind of high octane, opposition smothering football that has become Poch's trademark with us. We had little consistency but it probably gave the squad a view of what could be achieved.

2015/16 - a defined style, defensive solidity combined with attacking prowess. The 4-2-3-1 gave us a base and an ability to dominate 90% of the games we played. All the stats showed us as the best team in the league. We still had some issues to iron out - too many draws and, although I applauded it at the time, our self-destruction against Chelsea showed a bit of naivety.

2016/17 - some setbacks - e.g. CL exit but as progress came to a halt in November we've worked out a way to improve again. We have more pts than last season, a better squad, more flexibility from a tactical perspective. This last point has caused us a bit of pain over 6-8 weeks while we moved beyond reliability on key personnel or key systems and now we appear able to play 2 or more systems comfortably. The game last night was the crowning glory. We didn't go gung-ho - we were tactically very smart - we played long when we needed to and we kept the ball and played short at the right time. We stifled them like they have done to us so often. We didn't rise to their antics. When the chances came we were clinical and we showed no weaknesses once we went 2 up. That performance was the hallmark of a top team.

We have a superb manager - one who is so switched on tactically, learns quickly from previous mistakes or defeats and seems to move us to the next level at every opportunity. Individuals have improved beyond all recognition too.

Regardless of where we finish I'm confident we've improved again this season and we are on an upward curve. Long may it continue under this man.

Liked the way we were constantly bombarding Chelsea from all angles, with some long balls thrown in, so that Chelsea were constantly preoccupied with snuffing out danger.
AKA Orgy Football©. You know you're going to get it, but you're not sure from who or where.
yeah this is poch developing as a coach. learning how to maximise player contributions.
we were doing well but I wasn't so sure about his monotonous football in his first season, but I am glad he has dared to experiment and learn. even early this season, there were crosses but no one in the right position to take advantage of them. yesterday we saw a tactic - executed twice successfully - demonstrating that its no fluke. hope this pushes him on to try and improvise on our set pieces !

Back